Where's the leadership?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Where's the leadership?

After 10 games now, I see a team that is just going through the motions out on the ice... running plays and not finishing. Goaltending is about the only area that has been solid thus far. So who will be the guy on the ice that inspires this team to play hard every night? I think this is what this team is really missing now. It was lost when Recchi retired... and it wasn't replaced. Bring in some aging vet who never got to win the Cup and maybe these kids will do it for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Where's the leadership?

Leadership has nothing to do with it....lack of scoring is the problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

without their goalies this team  worth NOTHING !

TT saved their butt last season and won the Stanley cup almost by himself!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Leadership has nothing to do with it....lack of scoring is the problem.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Please tell me why you don't think leadership has anything to do with it? I am willing to agree that lack of scoring is part of the problem... but certainly not the only part as this team is nearly unchanged from last season where they finished 5th in goals during the regular season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the leadership?:

Wow, second time I've agreed with Kelvana.

Let's keep something in mind, we as fans have a hard time measuring or evaluating leadership. If the media aren't reporting it, then how can we say one way or another? Show of hands on who thought the Flyers had leadership issues before last season, before the Philly media reported about all of the supposed partying by certain key leaders? Or show of hands, who thought the Red Sox had leadership issues before the Globe broke that story earlier this month?

What we can see is the steady stream of 1s and 0s put up on the scoreboard by the Bruins. And from that perspective, we're in trouble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

OK. So you must think this current funk we are in will correct itself, right? Since the team is mostly the same and they have proven they can score... it is just a matter of finding the touch?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]OK. So you must think this current funk we are in will correct itself, right? Since the team is mostly the same and they have proven they can score... it is just a matter of finding the touch?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'd say winning the one on one battles in the corner, the little things but the two things that they need to do is score and score first, much better team when they have the lead. A good power play wouldn't hurt either, all comes back to scoring. When you blame this funk on leadership, your basically calling out Chara,Bergeron/Ference and Kelly. They are the designated leaders.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If a shake-up is needed to wake these guys up... I see nothing wrong with firing Geoff Ward.

But to your point of calling out leadership. To some extent I think I am calling out the players you've named. Perhaps that is the most overlooked quality Recchi brought to this team and it hasn't been replaced?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Cant you be a leader by scoring when nobody else is? Part of the risk in building a team with players who have real big peaks and troughs like Krecji, Lucic, Horton, Marchand, Boychuck, Peverley etc... Is that they could all slump at the same exact time.

Which they are right now. If one of  them could pull themselves out of it and put up 5 goals in 3 games or something I think it could really light the fuse and get everyone going. Its just not happening.

10. This post has been removed.