Which Bruin Will Bounce Back This Year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Which Bruin Will Bounce Back This Year?

I am stealing this idea from TSN who did something similar with the Leafs (http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=413563#YourCallTop) surprise, surprise.

Who will it be?

Nathan Horton-never really got going after his 2011 playoff concussion from the immortal Aaron Rome. Then AHL hatchet man Tom Sestito took him out with another nasty headshot which ended his season. Can he bounce back or will his head injuries make him timid?

David Krecji-was average point-wise but almost ridiculously inconsistent offensively and invisible in the playoffs after getting that pain of glass in the head at the end of Game 1. Not to mention -28 worse than the previous year. New year, new contract.

The entire 4rth line-not nearly as impressive as the previous year and certainly even less so in the playoffs where they contributed next to nothing. Even Julien has mentioned they need to be better as a unit this year especially since this season is only 48 games.

This list is certainly not as long as the Leaf one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Which Bruin Will Bounce Back This Year?

Krejci. Having his regular two linemates back together will help. I hope he can put together a more consistent season this year.

As for the fourth line, I hope Campbell can return to his 2010-2011 form. He was pretty bang*d up for most of last year, the long off season should benefit him. I have low expectations for Thornton. Paille should work on his breakaways, he seems to gets one per game. Nonetheless they should be better than they were last year.

Lol, you can't say ban*ed on here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good points. I am actually leaning towards Horton myself. With the season he had last year and a new contract to play for he will be as motivated as he has ever been and that has always been his achillies heel, motivation.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

This is a make or break for Rask.  He not only needs to get the B's to the post season, but he needs to play lights out & get the B's at least to the 3rd round. That 2010 collaspe has to be erased & only he can do that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

This is a make or break for Rask.  He not only needs to get the B's to the post season, but he needs to play lights out & get the B's at least to the 3rd round. That 2010 collaspe has to be erased & only he can do that. 

You know, I have repressed that collapse since it happened, thanks for bringing it up again...lol. Of course, it helped that the B's won the cup the next year. But, yes, Rask has a lot riding on this season and I truly hope he has a Vezina-type year. He is capable....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

You know, I have repressed that collapse since it happened, thanks for bringing it up again...lol. Of course, it helped that the B's won the cup the next year. But, yes, Rask has a lot riding on this season and I truly hope he has a Vezina-type year. He is capable....

I think he already proved he's vezina capable in the 09-10 season, but for some reason the GM's of the league didn't feel he played enough games. And I didn't bring up the 10 collaspe   as "dirt in Rask's eye". I think he's a great goalie,......but I wanna KNOW that he is. And he won't have a better opportunity to prove it than this year. I'm not expecting a 2011 TT performance, that was a start to finish season like no one has ever seen & then argueably Quick did it even better last season. So, to expect that is setting up for a disappointment. I just think he needs a good season, but a he needs a GREAT play-off. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agreed. Now about that glass groin of his...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Nathan Horton-never really got going after his 2011 playoff concussion from the immortal Aaron Rome. Then AHL hatchet man Tom Sestito took him out with another nasty headshot which ended his season. Can he bounce back or will his head injuries make him timid?

David Krecji-was average point-wise but almost ridiculously inconsistent offensively and invisible in the playoffs after getting that pain of glass in the head at the end of Game 1. Not to mention -28 worse than the previous year. New year, new contract.

The entire 4rth line-not nearly as impressive as the previous year and certainly even less so in the playoffs where they contributed next to nothing. Even Julien has mentioned they need to be better as a unit this year especially since this season is only 48 games.

Unless you mean simply "bounce back from injury," Horton's a funny case. Gut feeling, yeah, he would be a comeback candidate.  But you know what?  17 goals in 46 games is a 30 goal pace, and the 57 point pace he was on would have tied his second highest career point total.  In the last 10 games before he got hurt again, not including the Philly game, he had 8 goals and 10 points.  That line had a terrible start to the year.  Maybe that's why we think Horton needs to bounce back.  I hope he's a better and more impactful player this year, but he wasn't bad last year.

Krejci was a point/game player for the last 21 games of last year (March 1st on), and he was far more of a scorer - something that seemed to grow on him after the Cup run.  You're right about his two-way game, though - that whole line was a combined +2 on the year with Krejci a -7.  Relative to the team average on a team where Joe Corvo was +10, that's a fail.

4th line - agree completely.  Never more important to roll four lines than it will be this year, and if these guys can contribute solid minutes and maybe a few goals or penalties drawn, it will go a long way.

I'd add Lucic specifically on reducing his turnovers.  He gave the puck away more than anyone other than Chara, and he came up a really savvy, keep it simple passer and puck manager.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tuuka is regarded as a top goaltender by the end of the year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rask had some serious puck possesion offense in front of him during that series. I also don't think Tuukka played real well in the previous series against Miller hee hee...

Which Boston goalie has the best record in his 1st 100 games in Bruins history ?

Now lets really get this thread going...Nite is such a trouble maker...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Unless you mean simply "bounce back from injury," Horton's a funny case. Gut feeling, yeah, he would be a comeback candidate.  But you know what?  17 goals in 46 games is a 30 goal pace, and the 57 point pace he was on would have tied his second highest career point total.  In the last 10 games before he got hurt again, not including the Philly game, he had 8 goals and 10 points.  That line had a terrible start to the year.  Maybe that's why we think Horton needs to bounce back.  I hope he's a better and more impactful player this year, but he wasn't bad last year.

Krejci was a point/game player for the last 21 games of last year (March 1st on), and he was far more of a scorer - something that seemed to grow on him after the Cup run.  You're right about his two-way game, though - that whole line was a combined +2 on the year with Krejci a -7.  Relative to the team average on a team where Joe Corvo was +10, that's a fail.

4th line - agree completely.  Never more important to roll four lines than it will be this year, and if these guys can contribute solid minutes and maybe a few goals or penalties drawn, it will go a long way.

I'd add Lucic specifically on reducing his turnovers.  He gave the puck away more than anyone other than Chara, and he came up a really savvy, keep it simple passer and puck manager.

That's exactly what I mean with regard to Horton. Not everyone comes back from major concussions and play at the same level as we all know well. He is a very important part of the teamand the B's need him to make a 100% recovery.

As for Krecji, yes he got his average amount of points but was anything but consistent about it. He would rack up an impressive run (like 11 points in 8 games at around the trade deadline) and then almost disappear for the next 5-6 games. And so on. We need 2011 playoff Krecji who was Mr. Consistent throughout the entire run. He is the first line center and needs to act like it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Rask had some serious puck possesion offense in front of him during that series. I also don't think Tuukka played real well in the previous series against Miller hee hee...

Which Boston goalie has the best record in his 1st 100 games in Bruins history ?

You mean most wins? Was it Peeters by any chance?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I do it without even trying...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

You mean most wins? Was it Peeters by any chance?

Not with a 3.18 GAA 0 Shut-outs & a .875 SPP in his 2nd yr in Boston he wasn't. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now lets really get this thread going...Nite is such a trouble maker...You mean most wins? Was it Peeters by any chance?

Not with a 3.18 GAA 0 Shut-outs & a .875 SPP in his 2nd yr in Boston he wasn't.

Vast difference a season after leading the Bruins to the Presidents Trophy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Gregory Campbell stands out to me as a guy who could, and should, (and better) have a bounceback year.  

He was so good two years ago, and he seemed to drop off in every way last year.  I think that was the key to the 4th line not being as effective.  I thought Paille was fine and Thronton did...what Thornton does.  Campbell was the cylinder that wasn't firing.  At least not up to the standard he set two years ago.  Bounce back time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

to say horton never got it going is absurd. he was on pace for 30 goals.

Sections
Shortcuts