Which Bruins prospect will end up with the most points or best performance at the World Juniors ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Which Bruins prospect will end up with the most points or best performance at the World Juniors ?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21435889/nhl-lockout-world-junior-odds-and-ends

On CBS Sports of course Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: by 3-2 is favored to put up the most points for Canada and Alex Galchenyuk: 3-2 odds for the USA. Fortunately they play in North America but not for out Bs.

So I thought for fun lets pick which Bruins prospect will put on the bestest show for us. I'm assuming because I haven't seen on HFboards otherwise that Alexander Khokhlachyov has made it through the tryouts for Russia. So time for some KoKo redemtion, he's my pick to click.

Who is the Stop n Shop/Tim Horton's pick to click for the rest of you ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Which Bruins prospect will end up with the most points or best performance at the World Juniors ?

Not sure how many options we have, but I'm gonna go with Hamilton.  I think Camara will be on 4th line duty, while Hamilton will be on the point for every PP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Which Bruins prospect will end up with the most points or best performance at the World Juniors ?

The evil side of me wants to pick Matt G. but I'll go with Koko.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Charlestown, Mass. native and Boston University freshman Matt Grzelcyk (this should be BadHabs choice), Alexander Khokhlachev, Anthony Camara, Dougie Hamilton and Malcolm Subban are the Bs prospects to choose from.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Subban

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say Subban with an honorable mention to Hamilton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Subban

Man TSN is all over Subban for his recent play. The so called experts are really worried about Canada's goaltending, seems to be the big topic over there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Subban

Man TSN is all over Subban for his recent play. The so called experts are really worried about Canada's goaltending, seems to be the big topic over there.

Read some of that, pretty intense stuff.  Slightly different experience for the Team USA kids, where few people in this country know any of the players, let alone that there is even a tournament.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I'll go with Subban also. He's used to playing on a large ice surface.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Binnington played well today by all accounts, we'll see who gets the start vs Germany, but Malcolm could be riding the pine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If they keep him paired with Schiefele, I'm guessing Camara will lead the Bruins prospects in points. Folks on my Jets board are suggesting that the Peg should trade for him because the chemistry between him and Schiefele is so good. As a Jets fan I say you make that trade, as a Bruins fan I don't see any prospects on the Jets that we could get in return that I would want. Maybe Jacob Trouba?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to red75's comment:

If they keep him paired with Schiefele, I'm guessing Camara will lead the Bruins prospects in points. Folks on my Jets board are suggesting that the Peg should trade for him because the chemistry between him and Schiefele is so good. As a Jets fan I say you make that trade, as a Bruins fan I don't see any prospects on the Jets that we could get in return that I would want. Maybe Jacob Trouba?

I'm thinking as their careers progress to higher levels would their chemistry stay the same if they're together ? Schiefele looks to be a top 6 player with his offensive capabilities while Camara's skill set projects him to be bottom 6. 

Who knows how they progress ? At the NHL level there's a lot players more talented then Camara who he'll have to compete with to get top 6 minutes then at the OHL level.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Okay, and I guess people want Kane gone because of his tweet the other day.(I will never get that).So on that board have their been some awful trades involving Camara and Kane?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The evil side of me wants to pick Matt G. but I'll go with Koko.

I'm with you.  I see the Russians in the gold medal game, more games and he's going to be on their top line and 1st unit it PP.

Hamilton will get his points also .

I say Koko by 3points

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Camara will not be on Canada's 1st line with Schiefele. Huberdeau (which I say will lead all Canadians in WJC) and Nugent-Hopkins are his linemates.

Camara will only get sniffs on 4th line IMPO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Kel, that board lost it's collective sanity over the Kane tweet. I've seen trade suggestions for him this week that range from Camara to Parise - flipping nuts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I like Khokhlachev.  I look for him to dominate on the PP as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No takers on Matt Grzelcyk ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd take him if the question was "who will be first back to North America?"  Didn't the USA team make their final decision yesterday?

After two games, it's hard to give anyone much of an edge.  Subban has two wins but a 3.00 GAA.  Hamilton is the 3rd leading D scorer on Canada with 1 assist.  Winner could be Camara for blowing up Lusa.  Still anybody's puckgame.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I'd take him if the question was "who will be first back to North America?"  Didn't the USA team make their final decision yesterday?

After two games, it's hard to give anyone much of an edge.  Subban has two wins but a 3.00 GAA.  Hamilton is the 3rd leading D scorer on Canada with 1 assist.  Winner could be Camara for blowing up Lusa.  Still anybody's puckgame.

No, the decision was made about a week ago on BDC. He's on the team despite what you've read in various news reports yesterday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Point-Night Update: Koko with two 1st period assists against the horrible German team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Hamilton hasn't really done anything to stand out, Reilly has looked good, and Subban has done just enough to win his games, not outstanding. Its still early, but the games will only get tougher fron here on out. Starting with the U.S.A . in his limited role Camara has done his job and by all accounts  he makes hits like that all the time in the OHL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No, the decision was made about a week ago on BDC. He's on the team despite what you've read in various news reports yesterday.

what about his tweet yesterday saying he's disappointed but no regrets and wishes the WJCUSA good luck ?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

what about his tweet yesterday saying he's disappointed but no regrets and wishes the WJCUSA good luck ?!

This was a mirage. 

P.S. I guess you'd have to have been here to know why.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Stats thru 12/31:

Koko: 4gp 1-2-3 +2

Hamilton: 4gp 1-1-2 +4

Camara: 4gp 0-2-2 +2 (27 PIMS)

Subban: 4gp 4-0 2.00GAA .930SV%

Interested in folks impressions of these guys through 4 games.

Sections
Shortcuts