Which kid from juniors has the best chance of cracking the Bs 2012-13 lineup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Which kid from juniors has the best chance of cracking the Bs 2012-13 lineup

Assuming Doug Hamilton makes the team next year, also he's the easy answer. Since I don't watch any of the juniors and therefore have no idea of their potential, I'm wondering what my Canadian brothers think.

From what has been posted it seems like the top 3 are Spooner, Knight and Koko. Which one has the best chance of making it of these 3 and do any of them actually have a chance of making the 2012-13 squad assuming there is a spot for them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Which kid from juniors has the best chance of cracking the Bs 2012-13 lineup

Also from an uninformed position. But I would give Koko the least likelyhood and Knight probably the highest.

Simply because Knight has a rep as a physical bull and koko is younger and ont he smaller side.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Which kid from juniors has the best chance of cracking the Bs 2012-13 lineup

I didn't even vote in my own pole because truly I have no idea. My thinking is that if Kelly leaves, it gives one of these kids a shot of making it.

March - Berg - Seg
    Luc -Krej - Hort
    Caron - Pev - Pouliot
    Paille - Camp - Thornt

Assuming Kelly isn't back, there is room for one more forward. Would the Bs sign another guy? Are these kids developed enough to do a time share with one of the third or 4th liners? Is it even a possibility for them to make it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

need to do more thinking. Except for Thornton and his impossible to be true contract; the rest of the  4th line may be replaced with bigger, tougher guys. I'd replace Thornton too, or put him in Providence. The 3rd line also needs a review since Kelly was the glue. If he is resigned, Peverly fits right in, as does Caron, but Pouliot needs an infusion of toughness and consistency, which might happen, but is a long shot. Still no real opportunity for the young kids, although Spooner's scoring could create some room. In addition, just maybe the Bruins shift to three scoring lines and a Kelly line would be #3 or #4.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Max Sauve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Spooner and Koko don't really project to bottom 6 duty; not physical enough. Knight has the perfect game of a 3rd liner, though. It appears that he has the skill, but he also plays a strong physical game, and from everything I hear, his compete level is through the roof.

In order for Spooner or Koko to grab a spot, they likely have to outplay (significantly) Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Horton, Marchand or Seguin in camp. Something tells me that neither of them are ready.

My money is on Knight either playing on the 3rd line, but realistically I think he is the B's 13th forward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I went with Knight because his body is NHL ready and he has a good defensive game already.  But I am worried about how his high ankle sprain might prevent him from his summer training plan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

A high ankle sprain might take 4-6 weeks to get full strength, but if he's able to play in games, I'm sure he'll be alright. I don't think he'll experience any training setbacks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

In Response to Re: Which kid from juniors has the best chance of cracking the Bs 2012-13 lineup:
    [QUOTE]I went with Knight because his body is NHL ready and he has a good defensive game already.  But I am worried about how his high ankle sprain might prevent him from his summer training plan.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Jared Knight can squat 225lbs over 50 times, his legs are crazy strong.

Its on youtube somewhere, but Im not doing the leg work  lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: Which kid from juniors has the best chance of cracking the Bs 2012-13 lineup:
    [QUOTE]Max Sauve.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Forgot about him as a potential B next year as I was focusing more on the junior prospects. Good point.

Call me crazy but I'd much rather give a hungry kid a spot before a guy that just signed a multi-million $$ contract. I'm of the camp that believes the Bs don't need a superstar signing or trade. I know others disagree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Koko will not be anywhere but playing in the OHL next year. He is not "as ready" as the other two. I'm thinking they end up in Providence .

Realistically, none of these players will crack the top 6 forward positions next year so if you forced me to pick I'd say Knight because he can get "dirtier" then the other two in a bottom six forward role.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

By definition, "best chance" among a limited group of guys can still mean not one of them plays an NHL game.  Knight's the logical choice.  Spooner's a not-too-distant second because I could see them keeping him around just for a look-see and he does just enough to stick.  Khokhlachev is just no, and I can't see any of the other players just finishing up junior making a leap ahead of these guys.  Unless someone wants to convince me that Camara will fight Thornton and take his job in a bout for the ages.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I picked none of the above. While to be sure my viewing of each of them is limited it is still very hard for a rookie (especially those with no AHL experience) to break camp and stick with the big team. Especially for a team as deep as the bruins. Most that do are the Seguin types who have obvious sublime skills, are high draft picks, or play on teams that have weak rosters to begin with. I just see it as very unlikely any of them crack the lineup in the fall. Not impossible by any means but just unlikely.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]By definition, "best chance" among a limited group of guys can still mean not one of them plays an NHL game.  Knight's the logical choice.  Spooner's a not-too-distant second because I could see them keeping him around just for a look-see and he does just enough to stick.  Khokhlachev is just no, and I can't see any of the other players just finishing up junior making a leap ahead of these guys.  Unless someone wants to convince me that Camara will fight Thornton and take his job in a bout for the ages.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Awesome fantasy.  Or maybe it might happen?

I can hardly wait for training camp!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Thornton vs. Camara, a bout for the ages ? Comparable to Ali vs. the speed bag. Tyler Randell has the "crazy factor" going for him. Much better bout.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I dont think any of the above and still think Hamilton is another couple years away...hasnt filled out physically enough to defend at the NHL level....Spooner and Knight in Providence is foreseeable and an improvement over this past year Babys B's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think any of the above and still think Hamilton is another couple years away...hasnt filled out physically enough to defend at the NHL level....Spooner and Knight in Providence is foreseeable and an improvement over this past year Babys B's
    Posted by golden9x2[/QUOTE]

The guys is what 6'5", 200+ lbs.  He's bigger than McQuaid and about twice a big as Ferrence.  If he doesn't make it I think it will be more related to the mental aspects of his game rather than his physical limitations

For forwards, I've got my money on Knight, but I would like to see what Spooner could bring as an offensive 3rd line center.  Nothing wrong with having offence on the 3rd line because it will create mismatches -- a la Krecji-Wheeler-Ryder a few years ago

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I dont think any of the above and still think Hamilton is another couple years away...hasnt filled out physically enough to defend at the NHL level....Spooner and Knight in Providence is foreseeable and an improvement over this past year Babys B's
    Posted by golden9x2[/QUOTE]

I agree he hasn't filled out totally yet. That will come as he gets older.

But to think that he's not physically strong yet is false. There are some big strong players in the OHL . He is one of them . He doesn't do it often but when he wants to lay a big hit he can hammer with the best of them . He also takes hits very good too. Very rarely have I seen Dougie go down because of being on the wrong end of a hit.

No doubt in my mind he's strong on his skates.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chowdah, I was hoping the sarcasm was fairly flowing from my bout for the ages comment.  I was also concerned that someone was going to say this for real, and I wanted to get there first! 

I was going to put Randall, with not much less sarcasm, but I wasn't sure he still counted as one of the kids from junior having started last year in the A.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Which kid from juniors has the best chance of cracking the Bs 2012-13 lineup:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which kid from juniors has the best chance of cracking the Bs 2012-13 lineup : I'm of the camp that believes the Bs don't need a superstar signing or trade. I know others disagree.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Same camp let the kids develop and coach them out of their early season mistakes. I'm sure PC will keep the Whitfield and Hennesey's of the AHL around just in case.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

I'd say Knight has the best chance due to the reasons stated by others, he fits the 3rd/4th lines better than the others.  Spooner will be in Providence and promoted if/when necessary. 

Khoko has no chance for a few reasons.  A - he won't even be 19 by the time camp starts, still young and physically immature.  B - Had an injury and missed a good chunk of last season, still inexperienced. C - no room for another center, why use a year of his ELC when you don't need him.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Seems like most are giving the nod to Knight given his size and the fact that he fits more with the 3rd line but IMO, I don't see the Bs having a third line.

I treat the Bergeron line as the shut down defensive line, the Krejic line as the default 1st line and view the Kelly, Pev, Pouliot line as more of a hybrid 2nd/3rd line. Most other teams have a 2nd and a 3rd line but I see the Bs as having 3 2nd lines with the Bergeron line having a bit of 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Agree with the sentiment that we will likely not see a guy from Juniors, but then again, who knows with all the questions around who resigns. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised in seeing one of these kids push for a slot (due to them playing well, not on need), doubtful as it may be.

Thanks for all your input, reasoning and rationale.

Sections
Shortcuts