While good teams get better..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

While good teams get better..

...Chia is asleep at the wheel as prices go up. When have we seen this before? Please, no retreads like McCabe or Kaberle. If the Bruins are going anywhere this year it will have to be something other than a conservative move to passify "some" fans.

I am sick of this team losing, year after year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: While good teams get better..

Chia is not asleep hes evaluating.
    Seriously he knows his needs and wont make the wrong deal just because, it has to suit the benefit of the team for the future, not just now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

at last year's deadline, were you screaming for Kovalchuk?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

criticize criticize criticize.

Anything constructive to offer instead of saying PC is asleep? C'mon, really, come up with a suggestion showing us how awake you are....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Luckily PC doesn't need to make any moves to passify the vast majority of fans.  There are complainers on here freaking out, demanding a trade saying the sky is falling cause we lost to detroit.  But the Bruins are more popular than they have been for a long time, every game sells out.  Hopefully that means PC doesn't feel any pressure and will make a deal only if it makes sense.  Most deadline deals don't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Look people.. I have been a fan for 40+ years and want this team to win, not just compete. Do we need a Kovulchuk? NO, I am not saying that. But this teams deficiencies have been evident for some time and the longer he waits to fill them, the higher the price and my point is I do NOT want him to overpay.

The future is NOW.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Brewer or Kabrele and Weiss or Hejduk or Brassard (2 of the 5) is who I'm thinking are more than likely coming to the Bruins. Not a high cost as Wheeler and Stuart more than likely would be going along with picks. I have faith that some deals will get done and to be sure there will posters that don't think they were good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: While good teams get better..:
    [QUOTE]Look people.. I have been a fan for 40+ years and want this team to win, not just compete. Do we need a Kovulchuk? NO, I am not saying that. But this teams deficiencies have been evident for some time and the longer he waits to fill them, the higher the price and my point is I do NOT want him to overpay. The future is NOW.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]
    And if the deals he is being offered right now would require over-paying?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Guys, I too believe that PC is working on something worthwhile, which is why other players (that we would have liked to see in a B's shirt are moving). But by that same token, what if this potential something falls through, then he's put all his eggs in one basket. This is all speculation of course, but I do believe the suits at Boston know we have to act before the deadline in order to be a serious contender. Also, with Versteeg out of Toronto, looks like they'll drop lower, don't see Burke getting anyone worthwhile this year. That TO pick could still be fairly high.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

SHHH... He's evaluating!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well said BadHabitude.
    Everyone from McGuire to McKenzie to E Friedman are looking at the Bruins now.
    This could be a good thing or bad . Some GMs might be asking the sky now thinking the Bruins must deal.
    This is exactly what happened last season with Waddel and the Kovalchuk sweepstakes. If that 1st round pick (Seguin) was not in the equation Bruin wouldn't get Kovalchuk. Thank you PC !
    I still get the feeling that Bruins are once again trying to deal with Atlanta. Stuart is probably in the mix as Ramsay really likes him ,  what else ?  Well if that Leafs 1st round pick is in the equation we know whom the Bruins are asking for.
    In the end PC must keep his feet on the ground and not overpay just for the sake of making a splash.
    All this waiting is killing me though.  I even took the 28th this month off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Look people.. I have been a fan for 40+ years and want this team to win, not just compete. Do we need a Kovulchuk? NO, I am not saying that. But this teams deficiencies have been evident for some time and the longer he waits to fill them, the higher the price and my point is I do NOT want him to overpay. The future is NOW.

Burke said the deal for Phaneuf started in Nov. - and that deal was done in January.

So deals can take a long time to get done.

And as with Phaneuf, a lot of time and thought can be wasted trading for a prematurely washed up player.

Good deals can be done quickly or not.

Good deals can happen early or at the last minute.

There is no reason to believe there isn't a deal already in the works.

There is no reason to believe there IS a deal in the works.

There's just one thing about this subject that we know, and that was that PC said that a deal would happen.

So sit tight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Passive ownership leads to passive management

Just make the playoffs is the Bruins team slogan now so Chiarelli is playing it safe and the Bruins will be a perennial playoff team, unfortunately they will never get close to a Cup with this attitude

"We're one of 5 teams to make it to the second round of the playoffs 2 years in a row"

That says it all right there

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Hold on to your hats...PC has more than one deal brewing and the call is not his alone. The Bruin's top brass must all agree on the trade because it will be one to remember.

They are going for the CUP ! Anything less just won't do !  Cam won't let PC and CJ sit back and be happy with another short lived playoff birth.

We will lose some players that are fan favorites in Boston ! But that's the price to pay for a real chance at winning the cup.

Hold on to your hats...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Look people.. I have been a fan for 40+ years and want this team to win, not just compete. [/QUOTE]

The two things really have nothing to do with one another - Bruins fan = want the Bruins to win - and they have even less to do with what the team needs to do to win a Cup.  The Leafs are the perfect example of a franchise that has constantly tried to win now, no matter what shape their talent pool is in, and it has caused them nothing but grief.  If Doug Riseborough had been able to sign Gilmour to a market contract, and if Quebec had been a bit more patient rather than deal for Wendell Clark, the Leafs wouldn't have so much as made a ripple in the playoff pond since, what, 1975?  Because they keep saying "well, it's been 44 years!  We need to win now!"

[QUOTE]...this teams deficiencies have been evident for some time and the longer he waits to fill them, the higher the price and my point is I do NOT want him to overpay. The future is NOW.

I don't want to lapse into an argument about what the deficiencies are and whether a trade is the smartest way to address them.  Instead, I wonder what makes you think the prices necessarily get higher the longer he waits.  Like DrCC says, it's entirely possible the reason he hasn't dealt now is because the player(s) he's looking at are over-priced.  I read somewhere in all the noise that the Oilers are asking a fortune for Hemsky which is the main reason he hasn't been dealt.  Well, if the Oilers decide they're better off moving Hemsky now than after the season or if at all, they may be playing chicken.  It's part of negotiating for the seller to aim high and not sell before he knows what the market truly is.

My point being that you can relax on the urgency of a trade.  Barring a rash of injuries, the Bruins will make the playoffs.  They're 9 up with 26 to play.  Any deal they're making now is about the playoffs, so having a guy in the lineup sooner only means he has more time to gel with the rest of the team.  And they'll make a move or not based on what the market will bear - trying to get something done now would only mean over-paying to buy out the seller's options to hear other offers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

I am frustrated watching this team, and have almost 40 years of that frustration. "Excuse me" for speaking my mind and getting sick and tired of waiting fot this team to be a legitimate contender.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

History means nothing to most of you. So you remain on the same meat grinder.

A team that has to reinforce their lineup for a playoff run doesn't go anywhere.

Not last year, not the year before, not the year before that...almost never. It's only happened once, maybe twice, in the last 35 years.

If the team you start the year with doesn't have it, no-one will help.

A team grows together. Growing together is the most important ingredient to a championship team.

There is not enough time for a team to re-grow from the deadline date to the playoffs.

You are better off playing the lottery then fooling around at the deadline.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Really? A team that has to reinforce it's roster doesn't go anywhere? When did this premise become a fact?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Really? A team that has to reinforce it's roster doesn't go anywhere? When did this premise become a fact?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

When was the last time that a team reinforced their roster, at the deadline, and went on to win the Stanley Cup?

You have to go back to the New York Islanders when they acquired Butch Goring, and that was 30 years ago.

Do you have any other examples? Think hard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Carolina - 05-06 - Added Weight, Recchi and Babchuk.  All were added for the last 20 or so games of the season.

Detroit - 07/08 - Added Brad Stuart

Anaheim - 06/07 - Added Parros, May and Jackman

Pittsburgh - 08/09 - Added Kunitz, Guerin and Boucher

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Carolina - 05-06 - Added Weight, Recchi and Babchuk.  All were added for the last 20 or so games of the season. Detroit - 07/08 - Added Brad Stuart Anaheim - 06/07 - Added Parros, May and Jackman Pittsburgh - 08/09 - Added Kunitz, Guerin and Boucher
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Good adds. All served vital needs that put them over the top.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

He asked which Stanley Cup winners reinforced their rosters and used Butch Goring as an example who nobody considered a major move at the time.  Ended up being a major contributor (Conn Smyth winner) but nobody expected Goring to play at that level at the time the trade was made.  The examples I gave (aside from maybe Anaheim who added toughness) could all be considered reinforcements.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: While good teams get better.. : Exactly.  Good adds. All served vital needs that put them over the top.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I don't think Carolina or Pitt win without these moves.  Just an opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Tbay - 03/04 - added Darryl Sydor
    Devils - 99/00 - added C. Lemieux, Brendan Morrison, Mogilny and Malakov over that season.  Not sure if all were at the deadline.
    Avs - 00/01 - added Rob Blake and Steven Reinprecht

25. This post has been removed.