Whitfield Recalled

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Whitfield Recalled

I really hope that Bergeron is able to go tomorrow. This is really exposing the bruins depth (lack of) at this point

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Whitfield Recalled

why do you think he's been called up ?  I'm almost certain Bergeron will not be able to go tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Reported by Naoko on Twitter.  Im afraid of that to. Hopefully its just a bad bruise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled:
    Reported by Naoko on Twitter.  Im afraid of that to. Hopefully its just a bad bruise.
    Posted by moogfan35

even Bish on BruinsBlog / his twitter account reported this.  Bergeron is a center and so is Whitfield.  Hamill ....  not sure they want or can recall him without losing later on off of waivers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Im not sure Hamill would help either. I guess atleast Whitfield is a good faceoff guy, but to get down to him a a recall, shows to me the lack of depth down in Prov.  Do you know if the guys in junior will be old enough to play in the A next year ?  (spooner,knight) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Im not sure Hamill would help either. I guess atleast Whitfield is a good faceoff guy, but to get down to him a a recall, shows to me the lack of depth down in Prov.  Do you know if the guys in junior will be old enough to play in the A next year ?  (spooner,knight) 
    Posted by moogfan35

I believe they will be old enough, Chowda knows off the top of his head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Next question;  If the Junior players get a contract to go play in the AHL again like last season when they were done with their Junior teams can they play in Providence and be called up to play in Boston ?
    Before anyway states it's a dumb question related to Spooner, Knight or Hamilton being ready to jump to the next level,   it's not what I'm getting at. I'm just asking if anyone knows the rules on this.
    For certain , in the Bruins case this is very un-likely but the OP here brought it up and I'm just curious on the rules.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

maybe some good news.

Boston Bruins@NHLBruins

Bergeron just spoke and said his lower body injury is day-to-day, but he's "hopeful" for tomorrow.^BISH

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

I think that they can be recalled now from Juniors on an emergency basis. Calgary had to do this the other night because they are depleted as well. 

That is good news from Bergy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Whitfield Recalled:
    I really hope that Bergeron is able to go tomorrow. This is really exposing the bruins depth (lack of) at this point
    Posted by moogfan35

How is this exposing lack of depth?? I dont even understand this sentiment.

The team is missing 3 top6 players Horton/Peverley/Savard
    2 Bottom 6 in Paille/Pouliot

Ference/Boychuck/McQuaid all b@nged up and the team still has a respectable top6.

The best backup goalie in the league is out.

That is not lack of depth its a durge of injuries and IMO with guys like Caron, MacDermid, Motau, Corvo (lately) playing respecatably there isnt much to complain about except the doctors bill.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It is a rediculous surge of injuries to have upwards of 7 or 8 guys out, but I wouldn't include Savard, he is not part of this team.

In Response to Whitfield Recalled : How is this exposing lack of depth?? I dont even understand this sentiment. The team is missing 3 top6 players Horton/Peverley/Savard 2 Bottom 6 in Paille/Pouliot Ference/Boychuck/McQuaid all b@nged up and the team still has a respectable top6. The best backup goalie in the league is out. That is not lack of depth its a durge of injuries and IMO with guys like Caron, MacDermid, Motau, Corvo (lately) playing respecatably there isnt much to complain about except the doctors bill.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Yikes.  Whitfield should never, and I mean never be a call-up.  This is a new level of desperation. 
    I'm afraid to say this but I think the short off season is catching up.  The collective tank is empty.  Guys are beat and beat up.  I was hoping beyond hope that they were pacing themselves over the last two months, and they would be able to turn it on at will.  I'm not so sure.   I'm officially in the worried camp now.  There is only one hope and that is that the adrenaline of play-offs kicks in sooner than later and carries them for two months.   This looks like a team with a very short play-off lifespan. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

ILH -Maybe lack of depth is the wrong term. I understand the durge of injuries has to do with this, but who do they have in Prov. right now that you would want to call up? Hamill cant get it done here, and whitfield is a career AHL player, and these are your 2 best options right now. If you look at the AHL roster they have no one that sticks out that you would want to call up. Im not asking for them to have another NHL team ready in case of emergency, but atleast have 3-4 guys ready for the call if needed. having 1 or 2 just doesnt cut it for me, this is what I see as a "lack of depth".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled : I believe they will be old enough, Chowda knows off the top of his head.
    Posted by BadHabitude

As usual you are correct. Hamilton and the slick skating Camara are a no.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

How does Horton taking a late hit, Bergeron getting hit with a puck or McQuaid throwing a hit the wrong way have anything to do with a short off season. Strange conclusion. Whitfield is a good call up when you need a body who has actually played in the NHL before. In response to "Re: Whitfield Recalled":
    Yikes.  Whitfield should never, and I mean never be a call-up.  This is a new level of desperation.  I'm afraid to say this but I think the short off season is catching up.  The collective tank is empty.  Guys are beat and beat up.  I was hoping beyond hope that they were pacing themselves over the last two months, and they would be able to turn it on at will.  I'm not so sure.   I'm officially in the worried camp now.  There is only one hope and that is that the adrenaline of play-offs kicks in sooner than later and carries them for two months.   This looks like a team with a very short play-off lifespan.  Posted by scooter244

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hty239. Show hty239's posts

Lack of Depth...hmmm...

1.) Horton
    2.) Paille
    3.) Peverly
    4.) Puliot
    5.) Now Bergeron hurting
    6.) Boychuck (been playing hurt)
    7.) McQuaid (a number of ailments)
    8.) Ference
    9.) Rask
    10.) Suave (one of your depth players)
    11.) Kahbulin (3rd Goalie)

So what team in the NHL or NHL history for that matter would have the depth to deal with such luck.   Peverly, Puliot, Paille, Bergeron, Boychuck, McQuaid, Ference and Rask should all be back and healthy for playoffs. Everyone just needs to calm down a little and sit back.  They still control their desitny for the #2 spot (so did the Sox...yikes!). If they can get to the 2 seed and all those guys back, they will be fine.  Just have a little faith...they gave us one awesome ride last spring...let's hope for another this year...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Next question;  If the Junior players get a contract to go play in the AHL again like last season when they were done with their Junior teams can they play in Providence and be called up to play in Boston ? Before anyway states it's a dumb question related to Spooner, Knight or Hamilton being ready to jump to the next level,   it's not what I'm getting at. I'm just asking if anyone knows the rules on this. For certain , in the Bruins case this is very un-likely but the OP here brought it up and I'm just curious on the rules.
    Posted by BsLegion

What a dumb question..........just kidding my hamburger eating, rich poster friend.

Spooner and Knight have signed entry level contracts . Once they have completed their eligibility which is when their teams get beat out of the playoffs  they are free to head to Providence or Boston. The exception to their call-up is an emergency injury recall eg. Sven Baertschi of the Portland Winterhawks/Calgary Flames.

Forget Knight, he got injured just after xmas and since his return he hasn't looked the same. He has not played very good. 

The only way that either plays in the OHL next year is if the Bruins allow them to go back as overagers as in the case of Bruins draftee Tyler Randell this year which is highly doubtful. 

Question answered ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

How does Horton taking a late hit, Bergeron getting hit with a puck or McQuaid throwing a hit the wrong way have anything to do with a short off season. Strange conclusion. Whitfield is a good call up when you need a body who has actually played in the NHL before. In response to "Re: Whitfield Recalled":
    Posted by OatesCam

Fatigue can result in more frequent injuries.  Horton's could be related, I wish he had more time to recover, the others you mentioned are just flukes.  My main point is what is required to overcome injuries.  It takes a lot out of the team and it's wearing them down. 
    Whitfield is a body, nothing more. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

twitter@NHLBruins

"Julien confirms 37 is a game-time decision vs. TBL. 74 was on crutches and went home this AM. 54, 20 remain day-to-day as well. 55 okay" ^BISH

No word on P00 P00 yet

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

twitter@NHLBruins "Julien confirms 37 is a game-time decision vs. TBL. 74 was on crutches and went home this AM. 54, 20 remain day-to-day as well. 55 okay" ^BISH No word on P00 P00 yet
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

5 numbers, 4 of them belong in football...  Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled : 5 numbers, 4 of them belong in football... Posted by SoxFanInIL

Yes and too bad #74 wasn't as durable as an offensive lineman.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

To think that I thought Pouliot and Corvo were bad.  Now we are really hitting rock bottom.

Sections
Shortcuts