Whitfield Recalled

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nullify. Show nullify's posts

Re: Whitfield Recalled

In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled:
    [QUOTE]yay teem is saved
    Posted by tukka-fall[/QUOTE]

FAKE!  You are not Tuuka Rask.  You are a FAKER!  And a LIAR!

You stole my screen name.  I will report you.  FAKER.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled : Say it is so.  When the word "Whitfield" appears on a Bruins' roster, it's code for "we're f-------d."
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Nice!

I agree.  When this guy is needed, the end is near.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]How does Horton taking a late hit, Bergeron getting hit with a puck or McQuaid throwing a hit the wrong way have anything to do with a short off season. Strange conclusion. Whitfield is a good call up when you need a body who has actually played in the NHL before. In response to "Re: Whitfield Recalled":
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Whitfield is a fine option if you don't have any aspirations of success.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

For talking SID out last game Pens took the bruins out 1 by1 in a quite way  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Based on all the comments around here, you'd think they would raise the white flag to the rafters. Unfortunately, there's no room up there since they added the Stanley Freakin Cup Championship banner.

Chill all. They will make the playoffs...and someone will have to get by them 4x. Season isn't over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins have won with him in the lineup before. If Trent makes or breaks the team, the problem lies elsewhere. There are 6 forward injuries. At this point they need someone who can plug a whole and not make mistakes. There is no better option.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled : Whitfield is a fine option if you don't have any aspirations of success.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

Right now the Bruins management had best look towards next season with all of their upcoming personnel decisions. The boat was missed this year when they did not retain the former captain of the Capitols named Clark. He would have given them a decent backup in Providence since they were obviously so lacking in qualified backup players with experience. It may well cost them a shot at the playoffs. They lost to the Capitols when they did not play a sixty minute game and the Penquins loss was another case of waiting for "george "to do it. Well "geohge isn't in uniform these days so guess what? This present crew has to actually face the fact that they need to work hard every shift  in every game. Marty Turco may save their shot at the playoffs but he needs support of the sixty minute a game variety.  They have some big decisions to make regarding their goal tending for next season as well as  the makeup of next season's forewards. It will be a interesting draft period for them. THe free agency period should produce some surprises.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The injury situation is brutal and you can't blame anyone in the Bs for that. But it also hides the fact that, despite a superb November run, even before the injuries started piling up the Bs weren't performing anything close to expectations. Recent injuries cannot excuse away the whole season but boy is it convenient.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins were 8-4-1 in January, the absolute unquestioned best team in the league before that. The injuries started to hit Jan 28th when Horton went down. When Peverley also went down things got ugly. Yes, I think injuries are entirely to blame for the Bruins being an average team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled : What a dumb question..........just kidding my hamburger eating, rich poster friend. Spooner and Knight have signed entry level contracts . Once they have completed their eligibility which is when their teams get beat out of the playoffs  they are free to head to Providence or Boston. The exception to their call-up is an emergency injury recall eg. Sven Baertschi of the Portland Winterhawks/Calgary Flames. Forget Knight, he got injured just after xmas and since his return he hasn't looked the same. He has not played very good.    The only way that either plays in the OHL next year is if the Bruins allow them to go back as overagers as in the case of Bruins draftee Tyler Randell this year which is highly doubtful.  Question answered ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Yes thank you !
    Too bad to hear Knight's situation and Spooner went to the wrong when traded , they have too many injuries.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Guys toiling around in Europe: Miro Satan, JP Dumont, Martin Straka... :D heck, even Yashin might have something in the tank for 18 games or so
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

ouch !
    Just to help finish the season because they would not be able to play the playoffs .
    I think teams like Ottawa, Buffalo or even a Washington would not let this happen on waivers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins have won with him in the lineup before. If Trent makes or breaks the team, the problem lies elsewhere. There are 6 forward injuries. At this point they need someone who can plug a whole and not make mistakes. There is no better option. In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled :
    I actually barely see a difference between Whitfield and Campbell.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

whitfield is your best option at this point and he may be a career ahl'er but hes the perfect type of player for what the b's need at this point.. gives 110% very good defensively, penalty killer and has the abiliy to provide offense, im pretty sure he was the ahl 1st star of the month towards the end of the last year and was putting up some really solid number.. ... maybe i missed it somewhere else but has anyone heard the final outlook on sauve. i knew he was on crutches and sent home but didnt know if anything else has been said.. really sucks because looks like he would have taken pouliots spot and it would have been great to see what he could have done

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Has anyone seen Whitfield play lately?  In previous years, he at least was putting up points in Providence (~0.8 pt/game).  This year his line reads 11 pts in 41 games.  Is this because of situation, or is he actually playing worse?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Doesn't really matter. If he plays it will be for 5 or 6 minutes of the game.

[QUOTE]Has anyone seen Whitfield play lately?  In previous years, he at least was putting up points in Providence (~0.8 pt/game).  This year his line reads 11 pts in 41 games.  Is this because of situation, or is he actually playing worse?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins have won with him in the lineup before. If Trent makes or breaks the team, the problem lies elsewhere. There are 6 forward injuries. At this point they need someone who can plug a whole and not make mistakes. There is no better option. In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled :

That's my point exactly.  He's not going to cause them to lose.  The need for him (the injuries you mentioned) magnifies a big problem.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled : I actually barely see a difference between Whitfield and Campbell.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I've been watching Whitfield play for 12 or so years.  If you don't see much difference between the two, you haven't seen enough Whitfield.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone seen Whitfield play lately?  In previous years, he at least was putting up points in Providence (~0.8 pt/game).  This year his line reads 11 pts in 41 games.  Is this because of situation, or is he actually playing worse?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

It's because he's terrible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whitfield Recalled : I've been watching Whitfield play for 12 or so years.  If you don't see much difference between the two, you haven't seen enough Whitfield.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I haven't but it's more a comment on how little Campbell has brought to the table this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Whitfield needs a makeover.  He looks like a sleazeball that you would find in some gritty bar in Providence trying to hit on the underage girls that got in with their fake id.