Who are the 10 players from Prov. called up for Bruin playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: Who are the 10 players from Prov. called up for Bruin playoffs?

Whitfield stinks, period. He doesn't belong in the NHL, ever. If CJ plays him for a single minute in these playoffs over Seguin or anyone else for that matter he needs a brain transplant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 10 players from Prov. called up for Bruin playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 10 players from Prov. called up for Bruin playoffs? : Not a fan of Whitfield under the clod system, and def not last year in playoffs. He has played 45 games, is 3rd in goals scored in Prov has best pointspergame in top scorers in Prov, led team in PP goals and SH goals. He has far more talent than Thorn in everything but fighting. His playoff time last year was to just play to be not scored against, hard to do with Thorn anchoring your line in the playoffs.  He has the talent to play, but under clod and on 4th with Thorn he does not bring near enough, but exactly what clod wants. Sauve, Knight, Spooner, Arniel bring a little more excitement, no way they play for clod. Like others if injuries happen, I would like to see Alexy, playing D.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Interesting then that Thronton has the better NHL stats, including a 10 goal season. Whitfield has only 11 career NHL goals in 193 career games.

Just playing with you. I agree. I was trying to make an exaggerated point. That being said There better not be any scenario in which Whitfield makes it on to the Bs 2011 playoff roster.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I fumed last season when Whitfield got called in the playoffs.
    When an offensive center went down no way was Whitfield the answer.
    This season if anything like this happens (knock knock on wood) we better not see Whitfield.  They have Peverly or Kelly and Seguin that can be put in as a center or winger.
    I really see no need for Whitfield. He should be 10th in the depth chart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the 10 players from Prov. called up for Bruin playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 10 players from Prov. called up for Bruin playoffs? : Interesting then that Thronton has the better NHL stats, including a 10 goal season. Whitfield has only 11 career NHL goals in 193 career games. Just playing with you. I agree. I was trying to make an exaggerated point. That being said There better not be any scenario in which Whitfield makes it on to the Bs 2011 playoff roster.....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

In saying this, then you would agree Rask should play out when TT is in net.

Last year his 1 assist in the playoffs was more than, Thorn in 12 games, McQ in 9 games, Whitf in his 4 games, tied with Ference in his 13 games and more than Hort, March, Seg, Camp, Kampf and only 1 less than Pail and Peverley in their careers.

Numbers don`t always tell the story, Thorn is by far the least talented player that will play out on the B`s team during the playoffs, but he brings shiite to the dressing room.  This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs, if you need to bring shiite to your dressing room during the playoffs, the scouts, coaches and GM should all be fired for either bringing the wrong players or not allowing them to bring it.

A sign on the door would do it.
    NO KOVALEVING!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nobody likes Whitfield, but all he did was come back from injury and be the most effective offensive player in Providence.  The only reason anyone thinks someone else in the call-up list would be better is they haven't yet proven themselves worse.  Let's recall though - the 13th forward is either Ryder or Seguin.  14th is probably Caron based on his playing time earlier in the year.  If they get to a 15th forward, things are seriously off the rails.  However it goes, you know Peverley and Ryder and even Seguin will move up to the top two lines before they consider parachuting in Hamill or Sauve or Arniel, so Whitfield might make some sense if they're looking for a guy to play a checking role at that point.

But the guy has earned the right to a Black Ace spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]I fumed last season when Whitfield got called in the playoffs. When an offensive center went down no way was Whitfield the answer. This season if anything like this happens (knock knock on wood) we better not see Whitfield.  They have Peverly or Kelly and Seguin that can be put in as a center or winger. I really see no need for Whitfield. He should be 10th in the depth chart.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    This, more than anything, makes me think Whitfield will not be in the lineup unless a whole lot of centers get hurt.  At least 2.  If the Bruins are down two centers that are not at the bottom of the depth chart, they are in trouble no matter what.  If it is Campbell and Kelly that get hurt, Whitfield isn't that awful of a substitution.  If it is wings that get hurt, it should be wings that get in - Arniel and Sauve.

I wonder if fear of Whitfield in the lineup was part of why Chiarelli went and picked up a couple centers?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know about "fear of Whitfield" but given Wheeler's weak performances in the pivot, and the fact TS wasn't ready to be a third line C (a very specific role), I'd say yeah, it was identified as a definite need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the 10 players from Prov. called up for Bruin playoffs? : This, more than anything, makes me think Whitfield will not be in the lineup unless a whole lot of centers get hurt.  At least 2.  If the Bruins are down two centers that are not at the bottom of the depth chart, they are in trouble no matter what.  If it is Campbell and Kelly that get hurt, Whitfield isn't that awful of a substitution.  If it is wings that get hurt, it should be wings that get in - Arniel and Sauve. I wonder if fear of Whitfield in the lineup was part of why Chiarelli went and picked up a couple centers?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you and Books for explaining more in details what I was trying to say.
    I really don't see Whitfield being a call up in event of ....

Supposedly these 9-10 (9 as I think Khudobin will be up with the big team to get big league shots on goal)  players are remaining in Providence even though they're not playing in the playoffs.

Who are they (besides Hamill) ?  Anyone catch a peek ?

Latest news I have is the following:

Chiarelli, who said that P-Bruins goalie Anton Khudobinwould join the B's for the playoffs, added that Boston would keep a 10 player squad of "Black Aces" -- including forward Zach Hamill -- ready in Providence.

P.S. I really liked Hamill in that 8-6 game against the Habs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Got reply to my questions.

All here:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=559366

UPDATE : Whitfield is on waivers.  LOL Could someone pick him up ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pretzeller. Show Pretzeller's posts

Well on the Bruins blog on this site they list the 10 as 
    Forwards: Jamie Arneil, Jordan Caron, Zach Hamill, Trent Whitfield, Lane MacDermid
    Defence: Matt Bartkowski, Steven Kempfer, Yuri Alexandrov
    Goalies: Anton Khudobin, Michael Hutchinson

I'm surprised they went with 2 goalies and MacDermid over Reich who does have NHL experience, but I don't mind seeing the younger MacDermid on there he'll never play so doesn't really matter. However the 2nd goalie meaning the exclusion of Sauve who'd I'd really thought would be on there due to his speed and offensive ability, and isn't Hutchinson terrible?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hutchinson isn't "terrible" but he is erratic - that was his problem in Jr., too.  He can be good, but has to figure out how to settle down.

I'm surprised by some of this.  I thought there was a chance they'd bring up MacDermid, but I didn't see a fourth goalie over Sauve and I didn't think they'd keep Alexandrov.

Now that I see the list, though, I see some logic to it.  We've pretty much established that the 16th-18th forwards aren't likely to see the ice.  Same with the 10th defenseman and fourth goaltender.  So...why not use this time as a chance to work with these guys?  If you're going to keep them at all sharp, you need a goalie for them to shoot on in Providence and an extra goalie in Boston - so Hutch is in.  You need enough D to run some drills, and a guy like Alexandrov can only benefit from more time in North America working on his English and his game.  I mean, these guys could be practising almost every day until June.  Whitfield is probably riding herd on these kids during this time because whatever else he is, he's respected as a pro.

So maybe there's a shot that any of these guys gets a chance - if they decide they need a guy to just be a whack job bowling ball, maybe MacDermid's the first guy called.  Who knows?  For the most part, though?  Seven or eight of these guys are here to work on their games and get some attention from the AHL coaches, Sweeney, and maybe Neely.

Sections
Shortcuts