Who are the 5th & 6th D?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Who are the 5th & 6th D?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:[/QUOTE]

Since there has been no major injuries and other than being one year older- What has led you to believe that the top 4 Dmen are in trouble and can't handle their minutes any longer ?

Like all other teams if an injury occurs then the GM will address it ? No ?

How many teams have a #5 Dman that can instantly be a #3 or #4 ?[/QUOTE]

Because we are banking on a rookie as a 2 guy.  I didn't like our defence last year either.  

ference and Mcq.  Are a great 5-6.  Seidz n boychuk are a solid 3-4 but not great.  Chara needs someone to help him.  In a short season we can ride him more.  But we ideally should be getting someone that can log some all purpose minutes.  Our defence was saved many nights by TT.  We no longer have that and chara isn't getting younger.   I am concerned about our defence and goalie.  most teams don't have a chara.  Take him outta there and our backend stinks. [/QUOTE]

I have to disagree that Seidenberg and Boychuk are not just solid, see Siedenberg minutes his last 3 playoffs series. I cannot say that I am not concerened about the blueline but I do trust in Chiarelli if he isn't satisfied with Hamiltons play he will go out and get a defensman.

Hopefully I finally get my wish and it's Joni Pitkanen, PC liking Rutherford's defensman is a history. I still say Krug, who scored again last night, gets a look before PC has to make a trade. This could also be all for not, Hamilton is everything I expected.

[/QUOTE]

I believe seidz and chara are a great tandem but that really strips the rest of them if played together.   Really love Seidz game.  Boychuk was more my concern and then who is the other in the top 4.  Hamilton will have growing pains as all young d-men do.  I'm not expecting much from him this year.  I won't get into him again, I hope the world juniors aren't an indicator is all.  

Pitkanen I think would be an ideal pickup.  Good puck mover.  Can play all situations.  I believe he was paired with seidz as well.  Then boychuk goes with chara.  See how quickly adding one guy balances out the rest.  

Time will tell. I hope my gut feeling is just too many chicken Wings. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chicken wings of all flavors are always a good thing Shup!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I have to disagree that Seidenberg and Boychuk are not just solid, see Siedenberg minutes his last 3 playoffs series. I cannot say that I am not concerened about the blueline but I do trust in Chiarelli if he isn't satisfied with Hamiltons play he will go out and get a defensman.

Hopefully I finally get my wish and it's Joni Pitkanen, PC liking Rutherford's defensman is a history. I still say Krug, who scored again last night, gets a look before PC has to make a trade. This could also be all for not, Hamilton is everything I expected.

[/QUOTE]

Yep me too. Offensively he will do just fine. Defensively he has been improving. His size and speed will be an asset on the back end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep me too. Offensively he will do just fine. Defensively he has been improving. His size and speed will be an asset on the back end.

[/QUOTE]

Chara is a great tutor.  I'm hoping for big things from Hamilton.  He has all the tools to be a stud. D-men take time though.  Even the greats had growing pains.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Interesting comments. The bruins now have one of the most experienced teams  with only a few ifs. If Hamilton can play at the NHL level ? If Horton can come back with speed and commitment? If Tuuka can show the same capabilities as when Timmy was hurt ? From other comments it appears that Krug has been learning NHL defense in Providence, and is now adding in his scoring capability. Could be a good fit as Chara's partner. Getting a healthy McQ back is important. Spooner looks good as a sniper with either Kreji or Kelly setting him up. Don't have any comment on Caron who I thought would continue to progress ???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Campoli would be a good pick up in my opinion. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/01/gm_peter_chiare_1.html

"Adam McQuaid should be ready to play in Saturday’s season opener, Chiarelli said. McQuaid underwent surgery in October to remove a blood clot from the area around his right shoulder."

This is great news!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

wicked news.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/01/gm_peter_chiare_1.html

"Adam McQuaid should be ready to play in Saturday’s season opener, Chiarelli said. McQuaid underwent surgery in October to remove a blood clot from the area around his right shoulder."

This is great news!

[/QUOTE]

Great news indeed.  He and ference are a perfect 5-6 pair.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Hamilton had an awesome day in his 1st day of training camp. He was paired with Seidenberg. I like that, as I think that an offensive defeneman should be paired with a defensive defenseman, who can cover his tracks if he's too deep in the offensive zone.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Hamilton-has-awesome-first-day-as-member?blockID=823083&feedID=3352

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:[QUOTE]In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since there has been no major injuries and other than being one year older- What has led you to believe that the top 4 Dmen are in trouble and can't handle their minutes any longer ?

Like all other teams if an injury occurs then the GM will address it ? No ?

How many teams have a #5 Dman that can instantly be a #3 or #4 ?[/QUOTE]

Especially if Chara-Hamilton holds up as a pairing.  I think we will be fine.  Seidenberg-Boychuk haven't played together much, but I trust Boychuk more now than I did before.  I think that pairing would be good. [/QUOTE]

Seidenberg is probably going to be paired with Hamilton, either way Dougie will have some growing pains. Agreed on Boychuk now as well, much easire to watch in the corners and his breakout passes.

@Legion - Yes that Randall currently enjoying South Carolina.