Who are the "fans" that post on this board?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

After a win, I hear crickets on this board. Only the fans that bleed black and gold are on this board after a win. But after a loss, or god forbid a losing streak, all of you supposed fans come here to say how awful 1) the coach is, 2) how bad Chia messed the team up (despite an above average or average job at worst) or 3) how the team doesn't have the makeup of a competitor.

The Bruins are going to lose a few games and they're going to go on a losing streak, it happens in a long season.

I'm getting convinced that most of the people on this board are either miserable people, fans that can't get beyond hate of Jacobs, or are trolls. I just don't see how anyone can be that angry about what the team has done post lock out. Sure, I was a huge fan of the team in the 80s and 90s but those teams usually had only one line and were very weak after that.

Please, tell me, what is your problem. And I don't want to hear that "we haven't won since 72" crap. The Red Sox hadn't won since 1908 and the fans were supportive and rabid about the team, not bashing its every move.

Why are you so quick to dismiss this team after a loss but treat wins like they were flukes and in spite of X, Y, or Z. If you only post after a loss, I just view you as unreasonable in your expectations.

PS - People bashing Thomas for a couple bad games when the whole league views him as a shoe in for the Vezina is ludicrous. What have you been watching? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board?

i hope we hear crickets tommorrow...i'll be here either way, go b's 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I show up to discuss Bruins issues more than game to game results, unless they are particularly interesting (Cooke hit, Habs game from last week, etc). So don't expect to see me after a win or a loss, but I'll be around to discuss trades, roster moves, team philosophy, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board?:
    [QUOTE]I show up to discuss Bruins issues more than game to game results, unless they are particularly interesting (Cooke hit, Habs game from last week, etc). So don't expect to see me after a win or a loss, but I'll be around to discuss trades, roster moves, team philosophy, etc.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Couldn't say it better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

posted at 2/17/2011 11:13 AM EST

I'm getting convinced that most of the people on this board are either miserable people, fans that can't get beyond hate of Jacobs, or are trolls. I just don't see how anyone can be that angry about what the team has done post lock out. Sure, I was a huge fan of the team in the 80s and 90s but those teams usually had only one line and were very weak after that.

Yes.  Sadly, I think you're absolutely right.  I think it is largely the insecurity of fans that have been hurt be this team in the past, so the defense mechanism is to act like they hate the team all of the time.  That way if they don't win, these fans can say "told ya so" and feel better about themselves.  It makes people feel better to act like they hate the team and complain about everything, so they are less vulnerable if something goes wrong and can act like they are not a part of the failures and losses.  Sorry for the Dr. Phil analysis, but that's the way it seems to me.

The truest fans are a little more patient and even-keeled, and allow themselves to enjoy the team even if it is an imperfect product, and may ultimately fail.  I yearn for a Stanley Cup, but I still enjopy watching the Bruins and the NHL even if they don't win it.  Hockey is my favorite hobby, the Bruins are my favorite team, but I have no room for all of this anger and bitterness in my life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I don't think it is as bad as it seems.  There's a core of people that come here, win or lose.  Plenty of them are grumpy about the state of the team, and will discuss what they think are its weaknesses even when the team is winning.

The issue is a relatively small number of people that come to either vent (which is fine) or troll (which is annoying) after losses.  Such is the nature of the beast.

The poll I put up about the Kelly trade now has 95 votes in it.  I doubt more than a few of those are from people that only show up after losses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think when most diehards complain here it is because this organization has accepted mediocrity for far too long and we are sick of it.  There are also leadership issues both on the ice and behind the bench that can be legitimately questioned - look no farther than the last 2 years' playoff performances.  How do you explain away two game 7 losses AT HOME (especially last year) and not question the leadership of the organization?

I will agree that the hate after a regular season loss is a bit excessive, but complaining about the big pictre has some validity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

fletcher1... are you presently taking new patients? there is a LONG list of those whom i would recommend. has everyone lost touch with the fact that THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT! i can't wrap my head around why people get so personally involved, in a game in which THEY ARE NOT EVEN PLAYING. take a step back people...and re-evaluate your priorities in life! I'm sure i'll hear "i'm not a real fan", because i do not demand a cup NOW. i'm realistic... 1 team out of 30 wins the cup each year...and i'm pulling for the b's year in year out. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

This is a forum, not a fan mail site.
    Forum (Merriam-Webster Dictionary):
    c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
    Discussion (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
    1: consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate
    It's a place to post observations (good or bad)about our team to discuss with other fans. It's the same as sitting in the local pub or around the coffee machine or in the stands. Opinions are like buttholes-everyone has one. Agree or disagree, it's the entertainment and fun of participating. True there are trolls and naysayers, and they can be ignored or put down, but its all part of the package. Been here for 60+ years and enjoyed almost all of it-game by game.Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]This is a forum, not a fan mail site. Forum (Merriam-Webster Dictionary): c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas Discussion (Merriam-Webster Dictionary) 1: consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate It's a place to post observations (good or bad)about our team to discuss with other fans. It's the same as sitting in the local pub or around the coffee machine or in the stands. Opinions are like buttholes-everyone has one. Agree or disagree, it's the entertainment and fun of participating. True there are trolls and naysayers, and they can be ignored or put down, but its all part of the package. Been here for 60+ years and enjoyed almost all of it-game by game.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

C'mon PINE, posting the definition of a forum?  I think everyone here gets that, and I have never seen anyone suggest that there shouldn't be discussion, disagreement, negative posts, observations, etc.  Of course you want that.  You are not following what the OP was asking about at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Who are the "fans" that post on this board? posted at 2/17/2011 11:13 AM EST I'm getting convinced that most of the people on this board are either miserable people, fans that can't get beyond hate of Jacobs, or are trolls. I just don't see how anyone can be that angry about what the team has done post lock out. Sure, I was a huge fan of the team in the 80s and 90s but those teams usually had only one line and were very weak after that. Yes.  Sadly, I think you're absolutely right.  I think it is largely the insecurity of fans that have been hurt be this team in the past, so the defense mechanism is to act like they hate the team all of the time.  That way if they don't win, these fans can say "told ya so" and feel better about themselves.  It makes people feel better to act like they hate the team and complain about everything, so they are less vulnerable if something goes wrong and can act like they are not a part of the failures and losses.  Sorry for the Dr. Phil analysis, but that's the way it seems to me. The truest fans are a little more patient and even-keeled, and allow themselves to enjoy the team even if it is an imperfect product, and may ultimately fail.  I yearn for a Stanley Cup, but I still enjopy watching the Bruins and the NHL even if they don't win it.  Hockey is my favorite hobby, the Bruins are my favorite team, but I have no room for all of this anger and bitterness in my life.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Sorry to inform you all but I am a miserable bear no matter where when the Bs lose.  When the Bs win then I am pleased.  Now if that makes me a case for being a manic depressive then you have to freedom to judge... ya don't know me though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

islamorada...did you hear fletcher1 has appointments open on his calendar?LOL 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

danny1972...let go of the past. 1st place in their division with "little to no compete level"? they closed out a playoff series against buffalo last year-did you forget? they've won as many playoff series under julien (2 in 3 years montreal SWEEP & buffalo), as they did with 9 seasons with joe thornton(1). this team is headed in the right direction and is young. GO B'S

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

its funny...when "facts" are presented to combat someones "opinion", everyone shuts up... notice there was not one opinion in my reply

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Well said!  If you don't talk incessantly about how awesome the Bruins are you're being too negative on this board.  Posted by danny1972[/QUOTE]

Stop it.  You couldn't be on here very often and argue with a straight face that this board is more positive than negative.  Look at the last five pages of threads and tell me how many of them deal in any way with how awesome the team is?  I defy you to find me one person here who talks "incessantly about how awesome the Bruins are".  It's an absurd claim -- back it up.

I am definitely one of the more positive people here and I have started many negative threads, have criticized the players, have criticized the coaching.  I am yelling at the tv after losses too.

But while trying not to judge people here, there is a large contingent that overwhlemes this board after every loss with the same hysterical threads about firing everyone and being "done with the team" (Again, just read through the past couple pages of threads if you don't believe me).  The hysteria and bitterness is so over the top that some of the regular posters are just getting a little tired of sifting through all of the venting for some sincere discussion.

Isla is a very good poster who is a regular here and I don't lump him in with the hysterical 'sky is falling ' crowd. 

danny, you probably have a little fact checking to do to back up your claims...I'll wait...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? : The hysteria and bitterness is so over the top that some of the regular posters are just getting a little tired of sifting through all of the venting for some sincere discussion.

Dead on with this comment; I feel the exact same way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

At least the powers-that-be finally made an archive forum.  Even after a loss, this place is nowhere near the Bedlam it could be back at the beginning of the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

When I'm happy about something, or like a certain player I say what I feel. When I feel a player is getting the shaft by certain fans eg TT, Rask, or Chara I come on here & tell them so. If something is said by someone that I agree or disagree I let them know. When the team is playing well, I'll say it & when they play like dung I'll say it. It's my right to say it & it's my right to have that opinion.
    I feel the B's haven't had a good season this year. The record doesn't reflect their actual play! It's being proven right now as a matter of fact. TT is off, Rask hasn't been given a chance to get into a groove to get on one & the team is showing it's true colors!

If the goalies don't stand on their head. More often than not the B's come out on the losing end! This team is far from being a contender right now. Their specialty teams both now are pathetic & DK is certainly not the DK we all hoped & thought he was. He is NOT a number one center as so many on here think he is. Does he have the potential to be one? Very few in the league have as much. If he's injured. I apologize for being so hard on the kid, but I don't think he is.

PC is turning into a GM that has a lot of chips, but not willing to use them to add what's needed. CJ isn't the coach he was 2 season ago & makes either no decisions & keeps things status quo, or he makes wrong ones.

So it makes  no difference whether they win or lose to me. I'll come on when I want to come on & vent, scream, nag, give kudeo's to whoever & whenever I feel like it.

If I come across as radical sometimes? Oh well, that's passion talking & I love the Bruins, but I'm not going to have rose colored glasses on in the process!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I admit I am a former passionate diehard, a fan of close to 100 live games in my life, but I still enjoy watching them.

I complimented them on the win against Montreal and said it was about time, but it would mean little if they didn't split with Detroit.

Sorry, I call it like I see it.  I actually find it even more strange some fans deflect their anger to other Bruins fans, when it should be directed towards Jacobs and his choices for GM and eventually, head coach.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]When I'm happy about something, or like a certain player I say what I feel. When I feel a player is getting the shaft by certain fans eg TT, Rask, or Chara I come on here & tell them so. If something is said by someone that I agree or disagree I let them know. When the team is playing well, I'll say it & when they play like dung I'll say it. It's my right to say it & it's my right to have that opinion. I feel the B's haven't had a good season this year. The record doesn't reflect their actual play! It's being proven right now as a matter of fact. TT is off, Rask hasn't been given a chance to get into a groove to get on one & the team is showing it's true colors! If the goalies don't stand on their head. More often than not the B's come out on the losing end! This team is far from being a contender right now. Their specialty teams both now are pathetic & DK is certainly not the DK we all hoped & thought he was. He is NOT a number one center as so many on here think he is. Does he have the potential to be one? Very few in the league have as much. If he's injured. I apologize for being so hard on the kid, but I don't think he is. PC is turning into a GM that has a lot of chips, but not willing to use them to add what's needed. CJ isn't the coach he was 2 season ago & makes either no decisions & keeps things status quo, or he makes wrong ones. So it makes  no difference whether they win or lose to me. I'll come on when I want to come on & vent, scream, nag, give kudeo's to whoever & whenever I feel like it. If I come across as radical sometimes? Oh well, that's passion talking & I love the Bruins, but I'm not going to have rose colored glasses on in the process!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

And nobody is asking you to. 

It seems like the reaction to any criticism here always falls back into the "I have the right to say whatever I want".  Has that every been disputed?  Has anyone suggested that comments need to be censored here?  Do you really feel oppressed?

Of course you (and any other poster) can say whatever you want. 

Also allowed under that same freedom is the right for people to disagree with you.  In this case, some posters are pointing out that after Bruins losses this board can turn into a miserable, pity party of venting, like a bunch of teenage girls that just got dumped by their boyfriends, instead of a hockey discussion board.

You can disagree with that too -- it's just my opinion.  Go B's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I admit I am a former passionate diehard, a fan of close to 100 live games in my life, but I still enjoy watching them. I complimented them on the win against Montreal and said it was about time, but it would mean little if they didn't split with Detroit. Sorry, I call it like I see it.  I actually find it even more strange some fans deflect their anger to other Bruins fans, when it should be directed towards Jacobs and his choices for GM and eventually, head coach.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Again the same argument.  Of course you call it as you see it.  Why shouldn't you??

Other people call it as they see it too though.  You think they're wrong.  They think you're wrong.  Nobody is trying to censor you.

It's not about deflecting anger either -- some people just aren't as angry as others.  Some people think the very regular anger here is an overrecation.  It's just an opinion -- don't feel threatened or censored because of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is a major reason I ignore any post by someone with less than 100.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Nitemare-38:

I can relate to a lot of what you say. I really do. I have been extremely disappointed by the Bruins season so far for many reasons: The play of Seguin, Horton, Krejci, Boychuk, Stuart, Wheeler; obviously the powerplay; the inconsistency from game to game, shift to shift; the development of our young guys (Seguin, Colborne, Bartowski; Caron and Kampfer have been pretty good).

I don't blame CJ or PC though. They have to deal with what they got and what they got isn't necessarily in their control.

On PC: I think the guy is extremely competent. Where some (possibly you) see a guy who is afraid to use his chips, I see a guy who is waiting for the best time to use them. Obviously, I could be wrong. I think this guy gets it, though.

On CJ: Let's be honest, he hasn't had much to work with since he got here and he took us from bottom 5 to top 5. Willing to grant some leeway there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? : Again the same argument.  Of course you call it as you see it.  Why shouldn't you?? Other people call it as they see it too though.  You think they're wrong.  They think you're wrong.  Nobody is trying to censor you. It's not about deflecting anger either -- some people just aren't as angry as others.  Some people think the very regular anger here is an overrecation.  It's just an opinion -- don't feel threatened or censored because of it.

That's fine, but this particular sentiment in this thread basically says something like "you are either with us or against us" type of rhetoric which is ludicrous considering the almost hilarious comedy of errors under the Jacobs regime.

I think from 1976-1991ish, Sinden tried under Jacobs with the constraints in place he had to work through.

But, since then it's been a really rocky ride with two sets of strategic plans (each centered around clearing their books for two different work stoppages) that weren't really centered around trying to win.

Of course some will be cynical. I actually think fans like you are a very small minority, extra patient and constantly forgiving year after yeart. I'd rather see more accountability from the front office and not the players.

I actually admire the more positive fans even though I don't see why they remain that way.

I am still ticked off at being sucked in last year. Even when they went up 3-0 in Game 7, I cringed.  I just had this feeling they didn't have the balls to win it.

Sections
Shortcuts