Who are the "fans" that post on this board?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board?

In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board?:
    [QUOTE]Nitemare-38: I can relate to a lot of what you say. I really do. I have been extremely disappointed by the Bruins season so far for many reasons: The play of Seguin, Horton, Krejci, Boychuk, Stuart, Wheeler; obviously the powerplay; the inconsistency from game to game, shift to shift; the development of our young guys (Seguin, Colborne, Bartowski; Caron and Kampfer have been pretty good). I don't blame CJ or PC though. They have to deal with what they got and what they got isn't necessarily in their control. On PC: I think the guy is extremely competent. Where some (possibly you) see a guy who is afraid to use his chips, I see a guy who is waiting for the best time to use them. Obviously, I could be wrong. I think this guy gets it, though. On CJ: Let's be honest, he hasn't had much to work with since he got here and he took us from bottom 5 to top 5. Willing to grant some leeway there.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

If Chia built this team via draft trade or FA, how can you not blame Chia or Claude?

Jacobs hired Chia, Chia hired Clowde. 

It's his show.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? : If Chia built this team via draft trade or FA, how can you not blame Chia or Claude?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Your "If" is not true in this situation. Sorry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

And I'm not saying that I am level headed after every loss. The other night I threw a mini temper tantrum after Grabowski scored the go-ahead.

I'm not happy with the level of play of the Bs recently and the growth, or lack thereof, of the players this year. I just think that some of the posts after a loss are over the top and completely gloss over anything that the Bs have been doing well (and there are some things that they have done well this season).

Going into this season, I viewed the Bs as one of the best 10 teams in the league and still view it that way despite the lack of a healthy Savard (bringing it to the lower tier while TT's play keeps us in the top 10). Will they win 0-1-2-3-or all the series in the playoffs? Who knows, that's why they play the game and that's why I enjoy watching. For this team and for me, failing to win a cup this year is not failure like it is for some people. If you have those expectations, you're setting yourself up for a high probability of disappointment.

I would like to see more balance in the posts instead of the sky is falling mentality that comes after a loss. I'm not going to sugarcoat it when they lose, but I'm also not going to say that the season is over because of one loss either.

But hey, opinions are opinions. My opinion is the majority of the opinions on this board are overly negative and people should relax.

You're opinion may be that I have my head up my bum......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

And that is my point.  It's Chia's team. Tell that to the person who feels CHia isn't accountable for selling fans on the personnel on this roster.

You apparently missed my point.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was a hockey franchise.

Jacobs called the lockout wrong and got burned. All of the talent that he wouldn't sign to long term deals (or more than 2 year deals) left and the Bs were left with nothing.

Chia has been in power for how long? He knew that Savard was going to get a career threatening concussion? He knew that Thomas was going to injure his hip and look like signing him as a bad idea? The trade to Calgary for Ference and Kobasew for a bag of pucks and the Kessel trade were good moves and some of the best trades in the past 5 years. The Versteeg trade was bad but may have just been due to the strong play of the others on his line in Chicago.

Chia isn't great, but he's not the antichrist either. He's an average to above average GM in my assessment and others believe so as well based on outside analysis of the players and prospects as well as the Kessel trade.

The sentiment I was trying to convey in this thread is this - I think fans get overly negative in an "I told you so" manner when they lose but when they win it's crickets and you see half to a quarter of the posts applauding the team.

BB, I really don't take you seriously half the time due to you're picture of a guy in a half shirt. It's just a little weird to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Give me a break with your fact checking condescending garbage.  You're facts are about half of the story.  You guys want to talk about Claude "Scotty Bowman" Julien like he's great because he's won a couple of playoff series and gloss over two straight choke jobs against Carolina and especially Philly.  I'm perfectly willing to admit that I am too negative sometimes, but give me a break about how the facts support this team having accomplished anything more than a minimum based on their talent.  Fact is they beat a crappy Montreal team two years ago, then blew the Carolina series.  Fact is they did beat a solid Buffalo team, but then reverted to form and gagged away a 3-0 lead against Philly.  Everyone got to keep their jobs after that debacle, except Wideman.  I guess it was all his fault! I sincerely hope that they make another move or two and guys start playing up to their potential, but how can anyone tell me that their uneven performance this year combined with inability to finish games and series isn't concerning?  I'll give Chiarelli some credit for improving the talent level throughout the organization, but when is it going to be time to say that shooting for the middle of the Eastern Conference and a 1st to second round playoff ousting isn't good enough?  Go ahead and drop some of your snarky "I'm better than you" comments on me know, you pompous band of apologists.   I can't wait! In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? :
    Posted by danny1972[/QUOTE]

I don't really get the whole complex about me talking down to you.  I mean, I think you are wrong, but that's not exactly saying 'I'm better than you'.  I thought your whole point was about being able to say what you want here.  No?

You said that people are considered too negetive here if you don't "talk incessantly about how awesome the Bruins are".  I disputed that because all you have to do is look at the threads to see that isn't true.  I asked you to back up that claim.  You either can't or you won't.

This team has plenty of problems and can be very frustrating to watch.  Overall though this team is better than the teams I suffered with for most of the past 20 years, and what's more, is that Chiarelli appears to be improving them every year, without going through a rebuild.  That's what I like.  And, Chiarelli's best offensive player is out for the year.  That isn't his fault.  I'm not all that crazy about Julien although I don't think there is a better replacement out there at the moment.

I felt sick watching them lose to Toronto the other night too.  But it doesn't suddenly change everything believe about Chiarelli and the team he has been building.  The B's have a chance to be very good for a number of years if they don't melt down into a sobbing heap and fire everyone at every setback like some fans suggest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was a hockey franchise. Jacobs called the lockout wrong and got burned. All of the talent that he wouldn't sign to long term deals (or more than 2 year deals) left and the Bs were left with nothing. Chia has been in power for how long? He knew that Savard was going to get a career threatening concussion? He knew that Thomas was going to injure his hip and look like signing him as a bad idea? The trade to Calgary for Ference and Kobasew for a bag of pucks and the Kessel trade were good moves and some of the best trades in the past 5 years. The Versteeg trade was bad but may have just been due to the strong play of the others on his line in Chicago. Chia isn't great, but he's not the antichrist either. He's an average to above average GM in my assessment and others believe so as well based on outside analysis of the players and prospects as well as the Kessel trade. The sentiment I was trying to convey in this thread is this - I think fans get overly negative in an "I told you so" manner when they lose but when they win it's crickets and you see half to a quarter of the posts applauding the team. BB, I really don't take you seriously half the time due to you're picture of a guy in a half shirt. It's just a little weird to me.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Didn't you hear? That's Broadway Mark Sanchez, the NY Jets hope to bring a SB to NY!

He's the bestest!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? : That's fine, but this particular sentiment in this thread basically says something like "you are either with us or against us" type of rhetoric which is ludicrous considering the almost hilarious comedy of errors under the Jacobs regime. I think from 1976-1991ish, Sinden tried under Jacobs with the constraints in place he had to work through.   But, since then it's been a really rocky ride with two sets of strategic plans (each centered around clearing their books for two different work stoppages) that weren't really centered around trying to win. Of course some will be cynical. I actually think fans like you are a very small minority, extra patient and constantly forgiving year after yeart. I'd rather see more accountability from the front office and not the players. I actually admire the more positive fans even though I don't see why they remain that way. I am still ticked off at being sucked in last year. Even when they went up 3-0 in Game 7, I cringed.  I just had this feeling they didn't have the balls to win it.

Yeah, I agree with some of that, but I really have no idea why people still talk about Jacobs, this year.  In the past I hated Jacobs.  This year I don't think about him at all.

After the salary cap was instituted all you could ask for from an owner in terms of running the team is 1) Spend to the salary cap limit; and 2) Be hands off -- let the hockey people run the team.

Jacobs does both.  So outside of past bitterness (which I understand), why do any of us care about Jacobs anymore??  He's a total non-factor (except that he outspends many teams that are below the cap...)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? : Dead on with this comment; I feel the exact same way.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I agree, I actually seldom post after a loss. Not because I mind the negativity to an extent, I think an honest evaluation of a loss makes or good discussion. It's because I don't want to have to wade trough dozens of the sky is falling  posts to find the few good ones worth discussing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? : Didn't you hear? That's Broadway Mark Sanchez, the NY Jets hope to bring a SB to NY! He's the bestest!

LOL. thank god, i thought you were all fruity or somthin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? : I agree, I actually seldom post after a loss. Not because I mind the negativity to an extent, I think an honest evaluation of a loss makes or good discussion. It's because I don't want to have to wade trough dozens of the sky is falling  posts to find the few good ones worth discussing.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I'm with you red...many times after a loss we get the people who post one sentence comments (trolls or not) but won't back it up with logic, let alone have a discussion about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever man, we don't have to fire everybody, but when do we expect more than middle of the road?  When do the players, coach, and G.M. have to do more than make excuses about injuries. When I hear these guys talk about making the 2nd round two straight years, it reminds of Dan Duquette's famous line about being in 1st place more days than the Yankees.  I know that you can't guarantee a championship, but I think at some point you've got to stop making excuses and do something! In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? :
    Posted by danny1972[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, but two quick points:

1.  Making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs is something that only 8 out of 30 teams achieve.  I know it is not something that any of us are satisfied with, but at the end of the day it does tell you that your GM, Coach, and players were better than 75% of the other teams in the league.  So be careful who you fire.

2.  Injuries may not be a good excuse for a coach or the players, but I think it can be a legitimate excuse for the GM.  The GM's job is to build a contender.  After the team is built, the trade deadline and the salary cap really hamper a GM's abuility to adjust to injuries.  Having a healthy Marc Savard last year and this year would have made a huge difference.  Chiarelli has built the team well and is now struggling to replace his #1 center with very limited options, cash, and time.  What can you expect him to do?  How does the Vancouver GM replace 6 D-men?  I think you judge him on the team he built, not the team you end up with.  Chiarelli has assembled better depth at center than most teams, which will help. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from don444. Show don444's posts

In Response to Who are the "fans" that post on this board?:
    [QUOTE]After a win, I hear crickets on this board. Only the fans that bleed black and gold are on this board after a win. But after a loss, or god forbid a losing streak, all of you supposed fans come here to say how awful 1) the coach is, 2) how bad Chia messed the team up (despite an above average or average job at worst) or 3) how the team doesn't have the makeup of a competitor. The Bruins are going to lose a few games and they're going to go on a losing streak, it happens in a long season. I'm getting convinced that most of the people on this board are either miserable people, fans that can't get beyond hate of Jacobs, or are trolls. I just don't see how anyone can be that angry about what the team has done post lock out. Sure, I was a huge fan of the team in the 80s and 90s but those teams usually had only one line and were very weak after that. Please, tell me, what is your problem. And I don't want to hear that "we haven't won since 72" crap. The Red Sox hadn't won since 1908 and the fans were supportive and rabid about the team, not bashing its every move. Why are you so quick to dismiss this team after a loss but treat wins like they were flukes and in spite of X, Y, or Z. If you only post after a loss, I just view you as unreasonable in your expectations. PS - People bashing Thomas for a couple bad games when the whole league views him as a shoe in for the Vezina is ludicrous. What have you been watching? 
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    Right now we are watching you cry !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]After a win, I hear crickets on this board.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

At first glance this morning there appears to be alot of activity.  I know the trade deadline probablydampens the affect of your point, so it's hard to really know, but today the fans are out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Anyone who rants about Jacobs on their posts clearly has a jaded and bias opinion.  During the Sinden years the Jacobs budget did affect the team because other teams out-spent the Bruins.  Now there is a cap and the Bruins have spent beyond it for years.  There is complete ownership financial commitment to winning, and that is all a team needs from it's owner.  Money does not hold the Bruins back.  If you don't like what PC is doing with the team, that's fine, but he has taken a team that was in shambles under Mike O'Connell and has had steady improvement almost every year.  The team drafts well, signs well and trades well for the most part.  With a very entertaining young team, I enjoy being a Bruins fan right now.  It's the kind of team I wished they had when I was watching Neely, Bourque, Oates and Thorton, Samsonov, Murray.  I'm not just a Bruins fan, I'm a hockey fan, I watch all teams play.  I objectively knew that those teams in the past were not as good as the Penguins, the Oilers, the Devils or whoever.  And now I can objectively say that the current Bruins team is in the mix with the best.  The Flyers might be better, the Wing or Cannucks are good too, but the Bruins are with them.  The team is better managed and coached than it has been in memory.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

well said oatescam....no arguments from me. the pieces are in place- lets have fun watching it happen- the b's have been "in the conversation" as cup contenders the past 3 years...and they are getting closer. i think naysayers believe winning a cup is easy and should just happen(hurry up and win a cup already). it's a difficult thing to do, winning (4) 7 game series in a row. lets hope this is the year!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jacobs hired Chia.  Chia builds the team.  Chia hired Julien. Julien brought in Ryder at 4 million per.

Do you see how this works?  It all matters.  Every single move is vital.

The GM role in the cap era is the most important part of the organization, as much and arguably more so than the head coach himself.

Chia's job is select personnel, make it fit and most importantly appropriately allocate funding correctly within the market, under a cap.

Jacobs did not want to pay for high end GM or coaching duty because he did not want to pay Dave Lewis's contract alongside another high priced coach and GM.

Get it?

It all matters.  All of it.  Any fan should be questioning the quality of the GM and coach when we know what Jacobs does and what he believes in as a business model.

It all trickles down from the owner. The better the owner, the better the GM and the coach.

This means you get what you pay for and it all starts and ends with the Jacobs mantra, even today.   FACT

You Jacobs apologists need to accept this.   He's not off the hook, regardless of his age, his smiley WEEI interviews in June or his pretty boy son hiring Neely as a face of this new revolution.

This is why the Detroit Lions fans complain about their owner keeping Matt Millen on board there.  He was poor and they didn't want to fire him and pay someone else simultaneously.

Obviously, Chia is doing a decent job so far, but if he fails, Jacobs is the one we'll look to again to fix it.

He's not out of the woodwork as an owner just because he spearheaded a lockout so he could very easily make profits more so than he did pre-cap era.

Jesus H. Christ.

Every owner is vital to the success of any company, and in this case, success is winning. Not just a profit.

Deal with it.

Jacobs has failed for almost 40 years because he never truly committed to winning either by not taking calculated risks or by not investing correctly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the "fans" that post on this board? : LOL. thank god, i thought you were all fruity or somthin
    Posted by sclifton_4_freespeech[/QUOTE]

I spend most of my time on the Pats section and I like to remind our ultra-annoying neighbors to the south just whom their GM traded up for to appparently be good enough to lead the Yets to a SB.

Yes, I find it very comical.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am...that is all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The flaw in your rant is that you are saying that Jacobs holds the Bruins back because he hired the GM, but yet admit that the GM is doing a decent job.  I would say most would say he's doing better than decent.  Watching the TSN broadcast of the Bruins Habs game, every other word out of Pierre McGuire's mouth was how the Bruins stole Kampfer, plucked Marchand out of the later draft rounds or got Campbell thrown in to a trade and now he's making big contributions.  The Bruins are well managed, the envy of most other teams in that regard (ask most Leafs fans if they would rather have PC or Burke running their team right now) so if Jacobs gets credit for the GM, you should be singing his praises, not whining about him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

[QUOTE]After a win, I hear crickets on this board. Only the fans that bleed black and gold are on this board after a win. But after a loss, or god forbid a losing streak, all of you supposed fans come here to say how awful 1) the coach is, 2) how bad Chia messed the team up (despite an above average or average job at worst) or 3) how the team doesn't have the makeup of a competitor. The Bruins are going to lose a few games and they're going to go on a losing streak, it happens in a long season. I'm getting convinced that most of the people on this board are either miserable people, fans that can't get beyond hate of Jacobs, or are trolls. I just don't see how anyone can be that angry about what the team has done post lock out. Sure, I was a huge fan of the team in the 80s and 90s but those teams usually had only one line and were very weak after that. Please, tell me, what is your problem. And I don't want to hear that "we haven't won since 72" crap. The Red Sox hadn't won since 1908 and the fans were supportive and rabid about the team, not bashing its every move. Why are you so quick to dismiss this team after a loss but treat wins like they were flukes and in spite of X, Y, or Z. If you only post after a loss, I just view you as unreasonable in your expectations. PS - People bashing Thomas for a couple bad games when the whole league views him as a shoe in for the Vezina is ludicrous. What have you been watching? 
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    The people that bleed black and gold are on the board after wins only because they can't handle when the lose 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

[QUOTE]well said oatescam....no arguments from me. the pieces are in place- lets have fun watching it happen- the b's have been "in the conversation" as cup contenders the past 3 years...and they are getting closer. i think naysayers believe winning a cup is easy and should just happen(hurry up and win a cup already). it's a difficult thing to do, winning (4) 7 game series in a row. lets hope this is the year!!! 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I love it...a Bruins fans telling everyone how hard it is to win a cup.  When was the last time again?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's far from a rant. Nor are there any flaws.

It's exactly how every corporate operation works in the real world.

Starts at the top.

As I mentioned in other threads, "stealing" solid players in trades does a team no good when it's trying to win their first Cup in 40 years.

You use those chips. We'll see if Chia does it like Danny Aigne did it for the Celtics, Theo has done it under easier circumstances for the Sox, or how the master (Belichick) has done it so artfully for 10 years here.

We'll see.  Chia has another week to improve this solid team. Solid does not win Cups, though.

As of right now, Chia polishing his laurels and telling everyone to be patient only smells like he's doing what Jacobs wants him to do.

Chia has been good getting returns on trades and collecting talent, but let's see how good he is using that to make the TEAM BETTER.

Sitting on it and not seeing results is useless. Also, his drafts have been failures so far.  Kessel, Hammill, Colborne, etc, aren't really helping this team right now.

How's that for a follow up "rant"?

Brian Burke adopted a mess and has a track record of success.

Chia adopted clean books out of a Lock Out and needed to hire a new coach. Chia is the one to show us.  Chia.  Not Burke. Burke has previous successes.

Chia also wasted a pick on Kessel. He gets credit for turning that around so he didn't totally botch it, thankfully.

Finally, do you really expect us to believe it when you say the Boston Bruins are the "envy of every team in the league"?

Really?

Really?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

BBReigns... do you even watch the bruins play? they are leading their div. and in the top five league-wide in scoring AND defense! your arguments using the pats and celts make no sense. 1)in basketball having just two or three top level players will win you a championship- not the case in hockey 2) the pats don't acquire ANY big names-they develop from within, or takes others trash and shine it up. and as far as the owner- as long as he's willing to spend the cap limit... you have an owner trying. if the bruins "disgust"you so much-go back to the pats site and rub one out thinking of BB- 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]It's far from a rant. Nor are there any flaws. It's exactly how every corporate operation works in the real world. Starts at the top. As I mentioned in other threads, "stealing" solid players in trades does a team no good when it's trying to win their first Cup in 40 years. You use those chips. We'll see if Chia does it like Danny Aigne did it for the Celtics, Theo has done it under easier circumstances for the Sox, or how the master (Belichick) has done it so artfully for 10 years here. We'll see.  Chia has another week to improve this solid team. Solid does not win Cups, though. As of right now, Chia polishing his laurels and telling everyone to be patient only smells like he's doing what Jacobs wants him to do. Chia has been good getting returns on trades and collecting talent, but let's see how good he is using that to make the TEAM BETTER. Sitting on it and not seeing results is useless. Also, his drafts have been failures so far.  Kessel, Hammill, Colborne, etc, aren't really helping this team right now. How's that for a follow up "rant"? Brian Burke adopted a mess and has a track record of success. Chia adopted clean books out of a Lock Out and needed to hire a new coach. Chia is the one to show us.  Chia.  Not Burke. Burke has previous successes. Chia also wasted a pick on Kessel. He gets credit for turning that around so he didn't totally botch it, thankfully. Finally, do you really expect us to believe it when you say the Boston Bruins are the "envy of every team in the league"? Really? Really?

Aside from all of this debate, where I don't think you are really reading and considering the responses between your rants, you're writing style is a tad annoying.

I mean, new paragraphs for:  "Get it?", "Jesus H. Christ", "Really?", "Really", "Deal with it".???

How about leaving that gibberish out?

I think OatesCam said it best -- you're blaming Jacobs on the basis that he hires the GM, and then admitting that the GM is doing a pretty good job.  So...why do we care about Jacobs again?  He's a total non-factor...unless he hires an idiot to be GM...which he hasn't...