Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run"

Okay, so I've read so many posts of people saying that we have multiple first rounders and need to get some impact player. Thats all anyone says "trade for someone elite." My question is who? if you are all so outraged with PC for not making a huge move, who do you think would be players that the Bruins could get that would be home runs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run"

Hejduk,Havlat,Bogosian,E.Johnson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I just think he is young with a huge upside.That being said nothing is a guarantee, other than Paille missing the net, but he a fast puck moving d-man and could help the p.p. If Atlanta is willing to give up on him even with Ramsey as coach then maybe he isn't as good as they say. Also i don't think he has played under playoff pressure so he might not be an improvement quick enough. Overall though he would likely be better than Recchi on the p.p. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pb,

I would say Bogo as well.  He is gonna be a special player.  Most dmen always take time to develop.  Pronger and Phillips didnt come into their own in the 1st couple seasons.  Its a hard position to play.

But of the so called "available" players I would choose him

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run":
    [QUOTE]what about bogosians 53 career points in 175 NHL games with a -23 (4 goals 7 assists in 47 games this year) makes you think he would be a home run
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Because he is more than stats on a sheet.  It turns out he actually plays real games.  Go watch some Thrashers games and come back to recant such a ridiculous statement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I would take Bogosian for the right price in a heartbeat. Still only 20 years old. Top 3 pick. Boatload of talent

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run" : Because he is more than stats on a sheet.  It turns out he actually plays real games.  Go watch some Thrashers games and come back to recant such a ridiculous statement.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I don't have center ice so I can't watch him.  What intangibles does he possess aside of the stats?  How is he a "home run"?  I've only seen him a few times and he didn't leave me with much of an impression.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

if they keep there free fall up dallas's brad richards could be that home run. i know its been wriiten that richards will never be traded but dallas is in a 2-7-1 clip in there last 10 games in a very tight west.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bad/pb

He plays on a bad team so I am not gonna press him too much on +/-. 
    PROS-
    Smooth skating, lethal shot(right handed), PP anchor, PK anchor, has already hit double didget goals, physical.  Scouts say he has a very high IQ in hockey sense.  6'3 205lbs.   Top pairing dman.  Only going to get better with his age. 20 plus minutes a game.  

Guess what we are missing?  All of the above.  Just imagine for one second if we lost Chara.  Our d-core is not great. 
    To me he is a home run and I would trade the Leafs pick for him.

No he isnt a flashy 50 goal scorer.  But he would give our back end a huge boost and to me that is a homerun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pb,

I agree with you purpose in regards to this post.  Their arent a lot of guys that will make us that much better.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There are no big sure fire hits like Kovalchuk last year. no wait, maybe not so sure fire, oh well, whatever.  he has started scoring again.

anyways.

I think that the home run player would be the equivalent of a miro satan from last year, except with a happier ending.

I've recently fallen in love with Grabovski.  I like the high energy.  I think he is singlehandedly responsible for the Leafs latest surge.  The high energy on ice, plus the willingness to take punishment and the big goals...

Maybe not Grabovski, but someone like that, energy is what I think the team needs most.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

[QUOTE]Bad/pb He plays on a bad team so I am not gonna press him too much on +/-.  PROS- Smooth skating, lethal shot(right handed), PP anchor, PK anchor, has already hit double didget goals, physical.  Scouts say he has a very high IQ in hockey sense.  6'3 205lbs.   Top pairing dman.  Only going to get better with his age. 20 plus minutes a game.   Guess what we are missing?  All of the above.  Just imagine for one second if we lost Chara.  Our d-core is not great.  To me he is a home run and I would trade the Leafs pick for him. No he isnt a flashy 50 goal scorer.  But he would give our back end a huge boost and to me that is a homerun.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

+1 to this ^^^^

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bad,

I think the blockbuster deal died a long time ago.  Sure teams will sell off guys but how often do they lead to championships?
    Chicago? Nope
    Pitt- Nope
    Detroit= nope

I dont think the big move is the best move.  A few changes is fine.  A massive turnover is not likely. 

Give me a Penner or Hedjuk on top of Kaberle and I think that addresses our needs.  We are fighting for top spot.  Not the basement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Bad/pb He plays on a bad team so I am not gonna press him too much on +/-.  PROS- Smooth skating, lethal shot(right handed), PP anchor, PK anchor, has already hit double didget goals, physical.  Scouts say he has a very high IQ in hockey sense.  6'3 205lbs.   Top pairing dman.  Only going to get better with his age. 20 plus minutes a game.   Guess what we are missing?  All of the above.  Just imagine for one second if we lost Chara.  Our d-core is not great.  To me he is a home run and I would trade the Leafs pick for him. No he isnt a flashy 50 goal scorer.  But he would give our back end a huge boost and to me that is a homerun.

We're still talking about Bogosian, right?

Atlanta isn't that bad, they are at the bottom of the middle.  Double digit goals in his career - lots of players make a quick first good impression, lookit Boychuk who had 5 in his first year and sure looked like he would pop in 5-10 a year.

Sure, I hear you, but I remember thinking that the Bruins should do anything to get Bouwmeister.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I've heard his name a little bit but not quite sure of his availability... Brent Burns. In my opinion, that would qualify as a homer.

Good puck moving skills, physical, offensive minded, young and he would surely be considered a #2 D-man on the B's. For all those reasons plus given what we need, this would be a home run in my book.

May cost us the TOR pick IF he would be available along with roster player, prospect, etc. But these are assets that we currently have. Why not go for it? The kid would be a Bruin for a while!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes Atlanta have been world beaters for yrs.  Zach is a kid.  And plays a very sound all around game.  To you that may not be big.  1st impressions.  So when can we say they are good?  I guess all the scouts, gms around the league think this guy is not good. 
    Can we agree that he is better than anyone not named Chara on our backend?  Can we agree he is a young promising dman?
    Can we agree he is a solid PP/PK addition.
    Can we agree that he eats up a lot of minutes.

You put that in a structured system like Boston.  C'mon man.  I know you know hockey.  You wanted points that make him a home run.  Well he is a home run...not a grandslam....but a 2 run bomb for sure.

I have no issue waiting it out and tinkering.  But by the time Seguin and Co. come into their own they wont be doing it with a Chara or TT in their prime. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Yes Atlanta have been world beaters for yrs.  Zach is a kid.  And plays a very sound all around game.  To you that may not be big.  1st impressions.  So when can we say they are good?  I guess all the scouts, gms around the league think this guy is not good.  Can we agree that he is better than anyone not named Chara on our backend?  Can we agree he is a young promising dman? Can we agree he is a solid PP/PK addition. Can we agree that he eats up a lot of minutes. You put that in a structured system like Boston.  C'mon man.  I know you know hockey.  You wanted points that make him a home run.  Well he is a home run...not a grandslam....but a 2 run bomb for sure. I have no issue waiting it out and tinkering.  But by the time Seguin and Co. come into their own they wont be doing it with a Chara or TT in their prime. 

yah, awright, good points, but as always with any trade - at what price?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Weber, Parise and Richards all three of them are franchise pieces or Home Runs that are not going anywhere and Brad is suffering from a concussion so that would scare me off to give up the farm. Nieuwendyk has said he's not trading him but the bank that owns the Stars because Hicks can't pay his bills just might say your not going to the cup shed some salary it's the only hope for a home run.

Any combination of two forward n defenseman Hejduk, Weiss or Brewer, Kaberle would improve this team not considered a home run by me but PC would overpay sellers market.

NAS instead of saying that's "a ridiculous statement" show us why BOGO shouldn't have had healthy scratches this season, pushed down to 2nd n 3rd pairing and an underachiever so far ? Cause I do have Center Ice not impressed whatsoever became he has not grapsed the NHL defensmen job yet and the Bruins already have plenty of Potential(s) in this organization.

Shup, I don't care how many OHL allstar games or world championship teams POGO has been on he's not a superstar just yet he has a ways to go I would not give up TOs pick for him. If he's so great why is Rick Dudley fielding offers for him ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

For the play-offs Ryan Smyth or Shane Doan I would consider they know how to show up for important gms. ie playoffs and international hockey championships. Pitkanen would be a safe d man for play-offs with Sieds as his partner and use him for PP.

For a future consideration: Bogosian, Seabrook, Kopecky,Dubinsky,Callahan, Evander Kane

(1)Bogosian and Kane for Toronto and Boston's 1st, Wheels, Boychuk and Caron
    or
    (2)Seabrook and Kopecky for Toronto's 1st pick,Caron and Wheels
    or
    (3)Dubinsky and Callahan for Krejci,Caron and bst. 1st pick

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from atteckus. Show atteckus's posts

Mikhail Grabovski and Michael Grabner.  Either of them with their speed, agility, ability to create space and time, as well as their ability TO SCORE GOALS, while remaining on the + side on D, would be home runs.  I'm not a proponent of signing a D-man.  I'd rather keep Stuart as our 7th defenseman and trade Wheeler or Ryder away.  With proper coaching, Kampfer will be fantastic at moving the puck and playing proper D.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I've read where Brad Richards would play for Tort in NY or finish off in Dallas.  I still think that the Oil and Bruins will make a deal....Penner for Wheeler

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I would never trade Krejci for Richards.... Richards is way older...and Krejci was our best fwd in the playoffs last year after having a tough regular season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run" : medication is not always a bad thing
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Practice what you preach kid!

Sections
Shortcuts