Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run"

There are realistic HR's and pipe dream HR's (those that would never happen b/c other GMs aren't stupid enuff to trade great players for what the Bruins have to give.)

Realistic HRs: Hedjuk, Penner, Seabrook (on the cusp of pipe dream, actually), Bogosian.

Pipe dreams: Richards (as long as Dallas is in the playoff hunt he stays), Eric Johnson, Doughty, Havlat, Grabovski.

PC can probably shoot for doubles like Kaberle, singles like Phillips (a bunt single at that), and Arnott, and that's about it.

I expect Kaberle and Kelly to be the extent of his dealing; he'll hold on to the Tor. pick (if Burke gets it away for Kaberle I'll egg PC's house), and the B's will be playing golf by the end of the 1st or 2nd round.......again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Brendan Morrow! Dallas has the $$$$$$ to sign Richards now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'd love to have Morrow but if Richards signs with say NY then Dallas must have a face for the franchise so I don't see it happening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bogosian has had somewhat of a rough year. Both Big Buff and Enstrom have passed him on the Atlanta depth chart and he has regressed which is why he is on the block.

So now actually would be a good time to go get him. Lot's of potential (scored ten goals a couple of years ago), big, and still an RFA so he will not break the bank for at least a couple of years.

In Response to Re: Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run" : of course this is very true. While I will confess I don't eagerly await the Thrashers being shown on NHL network, I have seen Bogosian play a fair bit when they play the Bruins and I just don't see how this guy would be a home run by any means. I think hes a real good 3rd or 4th D man, and I don't see that as being a home run trade in the way that a lot of the threads are talking about home run trades. NAS this is more a thread meant to point out that there aren't any big names that are definitely available that would make a blockbuster trade worth while, and thats what half the posters are begging for.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yawn...another trade thread, really?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

I wouldn't consider these guys HRs, but together, Kaberle and Hemsky on the PP would put our special teams over the top. 

Response to Who are the big names that would be considered a "home run":
    [QUOTE]Okay, so I've read so many posts of people saying that we have multiple first rounders and need to get some impact player. Thats all anyone says "trade for someone elite." My question is who? if you are all so outraged with PC for not making a huge move, who do you think would be players that the Bruins could get that would be home runs.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

not very closely...its like groundhog day(the movie of course), ______ for______, and a_______. there are an unlimited # of responses-each equally a waste of time(how many of you saw the kelly trade happening? ZERO) it is not inteligent discussion, rather useless drivel. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

pbergeron37... what?