Who are you all rooting for; Penguins or Flyers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Who are you all rooting for; Penguins or Flyers?

I actually really like this years Flyers team. Some really good and respectable players. Really like what I'm seeing from Schenn, always thought he was over hyped but he plays a good all around game.

Tough to root for, or have any respect for the Penguins with the way that players like Neal, Letang, and Crosby dive around players like Malkin, Cooke, and Orpik throw sneaky cheap shots.

Hoping the Flyers make it past the Pens. Would love to see a Bruins and Flyers series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

Re: Who are you all rooting for; Penguins or Flyers?

Rooting for the Flyers....who I don't like but I DETEST the Penguins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hate both teams but I hate Philly even more (going back almost three decades).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

simmonds making fun of letang in a scrum snapping his head back a couple times was hilarious.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm mostly rooting for overtime.  Every game, if possible.  Barring that, the Flyers.  I really can't stand Pittsburgh right now, and I've got family in Flyers territory so I that softens my dislike of the Flyers some.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i hate the Penguins almost as much as i do the habnots....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Who are you all rooting for; Penguins or Flyers?:
    [QUOTE]Hate both teams but I hate Philly even more (going back almost three decades).
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Between Ulf and Cooke, the Pens managed to sneak past Philly on my hate list.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bruins.  Period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you all rooting for; Penguins or Flyers? : Between Ulf and Cooke, the Pens managed to sneak past Philly on my hate list.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. My everlasting hate for Philly came when Tocchet decided to gouge the eye of Dean Chynoweth (with the Islanders) while sitting on top of him. Dean's family and mine are close. Of course, Tocchet did become a Pen a few years later. Then a Bruin.....then Dean was a bruin for a while. Oh man, this is getting too complex.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you all rooting for; Penguins or Flyers? : Fair enough. My everlasting hate for Philly came when Tocchet decided to gouge the eye of Dean Chynoweth (with the Islanders) while sitting on top of him. Dean's family and mine are close. Of course, Tocchet did become a Pen a few years later. Then a Bruin.....then Dean was a bruin for a while. Oh man, this is getting too complex.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Hating is harder than it sounds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I was soooo rooting for the Flyers tonight.  Man they showed up late in the game and took it to the Pens.  I loved watching Max Talbot stare down Evgeni Malkin in the corner.  They're getting in their heads.

Don't worry, I'll hate the Flyers when we play them in 2nd rd

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Don't really care who wins that series, I would like to see Ottawa knock out the Rangers so the Bruins wouldn't have to see either of them til the conference finals.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd like to see the Flyers win.  I don't like either of the team any more or less, I just feel that the Flyers would be an easier opponent.

Pray for seven games there!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Now that Philly's up 2 - 0, I'm rooting for Pitt because I want this series to go seven with both these teams beating the snot out of each other.

But in the end I want they Flyers to win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Never thought i would say it but i am pulling for the flyers

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, that's a tough one and I am with DrCC on rooting for overtime and a painful series all around.

I tend to agree with NAS that the Flyers would be an easier oppenent for the Bruins, but then I watched the game last night and wow, Fluery looks awful, the Pens d-men look weak and their compete level is noticeably lower than the Flyers.  Not sure which team is truly better.

I'm not sure that I am ever capable of "rooting" for the Flyers, but I guess I will be passively content if they win...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I never hated the Flyers , this one is an easy one for me.
    I'm starting to see the dominos falling into place.   I'll go as far to say that the Devils will eliminate the Rangers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think the Bruins match up better against the Flyers than they do with the Penguins. No way did I see Philly coming into Pitt and winning two though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Flyers all the way in this matchup, the Penguins are too in love with themselves to realize that Philly doesn't give a crap. The Pens remind me of another team from the west.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Hate the Pens now more than Mtl (never thought I would say that). Any one just beat them out, then let the B's mop up and move on to the final.

Go B,s

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you all rooting for; Penguins or Flyers? : Hating is harder than it sounds.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Very true Dez. I guess I have less hate in me and more a willingness to see Philly fall on their faces at every opportunity. If that means I have to "ball wash" Crosby (as SanDog puts it) then so be it....heh.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]I never hated the Flyers , this one is an easy one for me. I'm starting to see the dominos falling into place.   I'll go as far to say that the Devils will eliminate the Rangers.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Same tbh. They have a few players that I don't like at all, but also some that I really like.

Though I was 11 during the lockout and have no clue what went on pre lockout so that's probably a reason why.

Sections
Shortcuts