Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?

Did anyone else read this?  Pretty interesting stuff and if true, pretty explosive stuff.

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=3518

I understand that you cannot believe everything you read on the internet, but it will be interesting to see if any of this is true.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?

You can read the source it seems legit.....  Him I guess that

People who think the league really is out to get the b's: 1
    People who think thats crazy: 0

Also explains why the B's grabbed Campbell that way daddy will email the ref to complain about every penalty after every game lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Yeah I was just reading that..

this is a startling article. This guy needs to go--immediately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

The link doesnt work for me.  Anywhere to read this?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/15/colin-campbell-exposed-says-marc-savard-is-biggest-faker-going-berates-officials-for-picking-on-his-son/?related=1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The only person who seems to understand Colin Campbell's pattern of punishment is Campbell himself. The suspensions he hands down are arbitrary and erratic -- swayed by non-evidence, hunch, gut feelings, anecdotes and back-channel influence peddlers -- and they are almost never clearly explained. He establishes precedent and contradicts it. He makes exceptions based on flawed premises and then concludes his arguments illogically and capriciously. No one, no one, knows what is allowed and what is not allowed. It is Dartboard Justice."

"Perhaps there is someone patrolling the highways and byways of hockey that has the ability to establish standards of punishment; to draw a clear line that everyone understands; to communicate effectively with players, coaches, managers and fans; and to make the NHL a fair and safe place for the world's most exciting athletes. But Colin Campbell is not that someone."

For those who occasionally start posts of why Jack Edwards is terrible or that he should be replaced don't know how intelligent the man really is he nailed Colin Campbell's behavior in two papragraphs.

Sad thing is Gary Bettman will spin this and defend his man. Good thing is Campbell exposed himself and his true thoughts like all lousy polticians.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?:[QUOTE]The link doesnt work for me.  Anywhere to read this?Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Have-Savard-emails-exposed-NHL-s-Colin-Campbell-?urn=nhl-285531

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wow... first off, that was some great investigative journalism by Tyler Dellow. The fact this all stems from court documents gives it serious veracity.

Secondly, with this having come to light, in order for the league to maintain integrity Campbell has to be fired. Immediately.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I wonder how much Gregory knows about this?  If I found out my father were pulling this kind of crap, I'd be pissed-off.  And really embarrassed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow.  I am really not suprsied, but I am happy to see what we've all suspected is true finally come to light.

Huge black eye for the NHL -- time for Campbell to hit the road.  This is the final piece of evidence that his discipline is totally arbitrary and shaped by his own personal whims.  Disgraceful.

I feel bad for Gregory, who will be smeared by this along with his idiot father.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Fire. Colin. Campbell. NOW.

Of course, this story isn't a revelation. It's simply a confirmation. Campbell is petty, vindictive, stupid, bullying and incompetent. Everyone knew that. Now it's simply been displayed to the world, in black and white.

If Campbell isn't fired, it's a stain on the NHL that so spin in the world can erase. 

And Greg Campbell should not be blamed for any of this. The sins of the father should not be visited on the son, and I'm sure Greg is probably the most embarrassed guy in the world right now. It's got to be difficult to be the son of the worst hockey parent in North America.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?:
    [QUOTE]I wonder how much Gregory knows about this?  If I found out my father were pulling this kind of crap, I'd be pissed-off.  And really embarrassed.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I've seen this type of thing at the minor hockey level. When it happens the kids usually hang their heads and give that classic teenager facial expression that screams without words "Dad! Shut the **** up! You're embarassing me!"

Gregory iis likely feeling the exact same way this morning.

And if you can't get onto Dellow's blog to read the original story, I just read that his blog is getting so many hits today his server can't handle it. It's starting to filter into the mainstream now with NESN and NBC picking up the story. I think this is about to go viral and we'll see it on all the sports shows tonight - how the heck is the NHL going to spin this one?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Well, I finally found it through another site.  I guess the original link has had so many hits the server crashed?  WOW!

So, like most, its not surprising at all to see what most of us have suspected for as long as Colin has been the head disciplinarian in the NHL.  What IS surprising is the fact that he was arrogant and ignorant enough to actually WRITE it in an EMAIL of all things.  This also screams and stinks of league-wide biased, because anyone else who read the email should have presented it to a higher authority or leaked it to the media but didnt.  This tells me this kind of thing has been going on for a while and is accepted around the league. 

At a minimum, the league should terminate him effective immediately, but for some reason I dont think that will happen.  Im wondering how Buttman is going to spin this and who is going to be the scapegoat tonight to take the pressure of the league itself.

Colin shouldnt be allowed to resign, and he shouldnt receive any sort of severance pay/package.  Hes done, his last check is in the mail and the NHL doesnt owe him a penny.  Next, Bettman and anyone else who read this email should be looked into.  This goes FAR deeper than what we're seeing right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]
    Fire. Colin. Campbell. NOW. 

It's got to be difficult to be the son of the worst hockey parent in North America.

Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You have to feel sorry for Gregory. This is a quote from WEEI

"The Bruins informed the media on Monday that Gregory Campbell would not be taking questions about his father. "

Poor kid is having a pretty crappy day that he's not responsible for.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm stunned by the fact that this hasn't been picked up out of the blogosphere by TSN, SportsNet, ESPN, SI...anyone.  As much as the last two are as interested in hockey as you are in your aunt Gretta's Fabio throw pillow collection, they usually love anything that would be a black eye for the NHL.  This would be a significant scandal, wouldn't it?  If nothing else, some enterprising journo should be outside Colon's office right now asking him if he feels bad that Marc Savard's post-concussion symptoms have been so severe.  Does he think Savard is faking now?  Does he think the Bruins are deliberately holding Savard out of the lineup to manage their cap difficulties?

Someone else should be taking the dates of these emails down to see if there's any downstream statistical evidence, especially re: Gregory or Savard, that would suggest Campbell's tampering had a real influence.  Otherwise, he's just blowing steam (in the emails).

Not sure what kind of action anyone other than the league could take against Campbell.  You couldn't blame the severity of Savard's symptoms on Campbell's decision, so Savard can't sue.  The Pens also got bounced from the playoffs, so you can't say having Cooke around gave them an unfair advantage.  I'd love to see Neely, PC, or even JJ put in a call to the league office to ask for an explanation and assurances - or CC's head on a platter.  Someone has to push the NHL to answer the obvious implications of this information.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Say what you want about NBC, but they're the first of the "mainstream media" to get on the case:

...you’ve got a league official ruling the roost with a chip on his shoulder, playing favorites towards his own son, and a grudge towards at least one player he used to coach. There is absolutely zero way for this to look good on the NHL to have a person in a position of power, a man who makes the decisions on who gets suspended or not and for how long, to work with a clear mind and without bias when he’s clearly got some problems with some players and officials. How the NHL decides to answer to this will be fascinating. Regardless of what kind of PR-friendly way they answer to this, the NHL looks horrible because of it.

It’s hard to believe that Colin Campbell will keep his job much longer after this. All the chatter and innuendo that was made with a wink and a nod about how Campbell plays favorites is no longer funny when it’s found to actually be true. It’s not as if Campbell has been without controversy already concerning his decisions on virtually everything, the spotlight has been on him for a long time as it is and now those that have been highly critical of him have the smoking gun they’ve been dying to see.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/15/colin-campbell-exposed-says-marc-savard-is-biggest-faker-going-berates-officials-for-picking-on-his-son/

If Dupont wants to showcase his cache as a HoF journalist, he should be on this like white on rice.

Edited to add: Whoops, Olsonic also has the link. But I'll leave this up as I believe the quoted part deserves to be seen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

I think we call all agree that Colin Campbell is a f*cktard.  I just hope this whole ordeal has no effect on Greg's play.  He has been an awesome 4th line center for the Bruins thus far and I'd hate to see that change.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

You have to give Peter Chiarelli some credit here.  He recognized Campbell's apparent bias against the Bruins as many of us did.  He was able to remove Colin Campbell from direct involvement in discipline in incidents involving the Bruins by adding Campbell's son to the roster.  Pretty shrewd. 

Now that these emails have come to light, it is obvious that Colin Campbell pulled strings behind the scenes to screw the Bruins as well as his bias against the team when doling out suspensions and fines.

I highly doubt that we will see any formal complaints against Campbell or the league from Bruins ownership or management.  JJ isn't about to bite the hand that feeds him.  These emails only came to light because of a lawsuit brought by a fired referee.  Who knows how deeply the league-wide manipulation by Campbell and his cronies actually runs? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It won't run higher than JJ.  Think Colin Campbell's network of old boys goes deeper, runs wider, and is more ruthless than Harry Sinden's?  Puh leez.  Note for the record that Sinden's fan club includes the GM and President of two huge league cornerstones in NY (Sather) and Toronto (Burke). And isn't JJ the Chairman of the Board?  Or is he now past chair? 

On the other hand, JJ will only rock the boat if there's something in it for him.  That's a more plausible reason for why he'll stay holed up in Buffalo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"you’ve got a league official ruling the roost with a chip on his shoulder, playing favorites towards his own son, and a grudge towards at least one player he used to coach."

My blood is boiling I cannot read anymore. True JJ will do nothing Book!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I agree with you bookboy, I also checked TSN, ESPN, etc... it's amazing that they haven't picked it up. Just imagine if those were Roger Goddell e-mails.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you bookboy, I also checked TSN, ESPN, etc... it's amazing that they haven't picked it up. Just imagine if those were Roger Goddell e-mails.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I Tweeted McKenzie about it. We'll see if he comes up with anything today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I expect that MSM like TSN is doing the legwork before going with the story - double-checking Dellow's facts and conclusions (and the original e-mails are available through the Canadian courts and posted online at canlii) and then searching for comment around the league, particularly Campbell, Malkhow, Warren, Savard, and Bettman. I think the delay on the reporting is just them doing their jobs. We'll see something from the major hockey journalists on this very soon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

McKenzie talked about it briefly on NHL Live! today.  He mentioned the blogger and his website.  He is definitely looking into it.

Sections
Shortcuts