Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?

In Response to Re: Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?:
    In Response to Re: Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"? : McKenzie is dead on why the NHL will go on without a reflection.  His last line states it all: it's not about one man, it never has been. It's about The Game, those who run it, those who play it and how they govern it. They do, we (media and fans) don't. That's just the way it is. In my mind that is why the NHL will not change for the better.  McKenzie may be right, but me thinks he has represented in writing why the NHL is a business that does not recognize it's consumers.  Dumas thinking by the NHL.  Good luck selling tickets to the mothers of children who play youth hockey and look at the NHL 20th century not as a "think tank" but a cesspool.  
    Posted by islamorada

But it's not just the consumers who are being hurt. Actually I'd say that's secondary. It's the players - their health, their welfare, their ability to play the game to the best of their ability - who are being compromised. All so a bunch of good ol' boys can enjoy being masters of their own little fiefdom.

Apparently, according to McKenzie (and others), it's too much to ask for NHL officials to conduct themselves in a professional manner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolinabruin. Show carolinabruin's posts

Fire Colin Campbell immediately

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_farber/11/17/colin.campbell.email/

"The first is Campbell's ability to articulate. He is not exactly George Will at a keyboard. Fair enough. He was a defensemen, then an assistant and head coach. He is a hockey guy. Maybe he is the hockey guy, which allows him to doggedly continue in a position in which no telephone call from a general manager or owner will tell him to have a nice day. But beyond the hockey masters he serves, Campbell also has to be able to sell his decisions, and the league's position, to the hockey public. And for all his other attributes, Campbell is not a slick salesman.

Consider the early tumult over the new Rule 48 regarding blindside hits to the head. The guess here is that the kvetching over the rule, and its accompanying supplementary discipline, can be partly attributable to Campbell's inability to spell it out and delineate all its permutations. Of course, everyone always looks at the length of an NHL suspension like the Three Bears' porridge: we decide if it's too hot, too cold, or just right. But given the nearly unprecedented caviling over the lateral hit rule, Campbell more than ever has left people with the impression that he practices dartboard justice, which is unfortunate because Campbell works hard at understanding the nuance of every play.

One other thing: Campbell writes that he hates "soft calls." Since the changes in enforcement standards post-lockout, which have improved the NHL game, maybe a third of penalties are "soft" calls. He should be used to them by now."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

As I stated before, Forget your dislike of Colin Campbell or that it was Greg Campbell or Savard or Cooke or whoever he was discussing. The fact is, CC sent condescending emails (in jest or not is irrelevant) to the NHL head of officials, complaining about a particular referee. That action, in and of itself, is the issue. By any definition I can think of, that is unethical. The fact that Warren was then fired further inflames the situation and negates any "I was just talking to a friend as a friend" defense he may use.

I never considered Campell the worm that many do, but if this came to light in any other sport or comparable business, he would've been shown the door immediately. The fact the NHL turned the blind eye only makes it worse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

"First meeting of the new season between these two clubs, who in the off-season pulled off the trade that sent Wideman to "Florida and both Horton and Greg Campbell (son of the Marc Savard-hating Colin Campbell) to Boston."

LOL to Kevin Paul Dupont!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

OMG , I`m still in Dubai and cannot believe what I am reading.  Explains a lot.  Can`t wait to get back and red all of this story. 

P.S. It`s not wonder in the playoffs against the Canes Walker got off scott-free for that sucker punch to Ward.
     AND glad to see the Bruins got back on track with 2 wins in a row.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

OMG , I`m still in Dubai and cannot believe what I am reading.  Explains a lot.  Can`t wait to get back and red all of this story. 

P.S. It`s not wonder in the playoffs against the Canes Walker got off scott-free for that sucker punch to Ward.
     AND glad to see the Bruins got back on track with 2 wins in a row.

I'm thrilled that Null pulled up this old gem of a thread. Brings up memories of some great posters who left us too soon. What were you doing in Dubai? Buying a hamburger?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.