Who do you hate* and why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Who do you hate* and why?

With playoffs approaching I'm curious as to the forumites' Top 10 most despised teams and reasons why. I'll list mine along with a shorter list of teams I wouldn't mind seeing win if the Bruins aren't involved in the quest for the Cup and they're still playing

* Hate meaning not in the literal sense of actual loathing, but in the sports-fan sense of teams you oppose because they stand in the way of your team achieving a goal. (That probably didn't need to be explained.)

The Hated:

1. Canadiens. No explanation necessary.
    2. Flyers.
    Leftover loathing from the goonery of the Broad Street Bullies days. Gooned their way to 2 Stanley Cups. Would have gotten their a**es kicked by Boston in '74 if Orr's knees weren't those of a 98 year old arthritic at the time. The whole Kate Smith cr*p. The filthy dirtiness of Bobby Clarke, who admitted to trying to break Orr's ankles like he did to the Russian in '72. That thing that happened last year.
    3. Penguins
    Two of their worthless, scuzbag, gooned up thugs (Ulf Samuelsson and Matt Cooke) helped end the careers of two great, classy players (Neely and Savard). Mario's ridiculous hypocrisy following the Islanders game this year. Stealing the Bruins black and gold colors b/c they looked like p*ssies in their original powder blue. Sydney Crosby's smirk.
    4. Rangers
    They were #3 for a long time but the rivalry has waned. I just hate it when teams from NY win and it still annoys me that they won in '94.
    5. Sabres.
    It's not really hate so much as annoyance. The Bruins have a very good track record against them in the playoffs but they always seem to make things tougher than they need to be. The frustration of trying to put pucks past Ryan Miller.
    6. Lightning.
    Because no team from Florida should ever have won a Stanley Cup. EVER.
    7. Oilers
    The only western conference team on the list. Just the frsutration of having them standing in the way of Cups in '88 and '90. I could say I hate Petr Klima, but the truth is I really hate Glen Wesley.
    8. Capitals.
    Again, more annoyance than hate. Ovechkin is kinda grating, I guess.
    9. Maple Leafs.
    Phil Kessel has become mildly distasteful now that he's actually scored against the Bruins. If Seguin turns out to be a star I'll care less. The fact that only they stand between the Bruins as the Original 6 team to have gone longest w/out a Cup.
    10. Tie: Islanders/Hurricanes
    I had the displeasure of being on Long Island during their 4 Cups in a row. Insufferable fans. 'Canes b/c of one guy: Scott Walker and the gut-punches from game 7.

Teams I'm OK w/if they;re not playing Boston:

1. Vancouver. Beautiful city. Pulled hard for them against NYR in '94 and they shoulda won. Cool uniforms.
    2. Detroit. Class all the way. Gordie Howe. Tradition of winning. Organization whose owner GETS IT (up yours, JJ). "Hockeytown". Cool unis.
    3. Blackhawks. Hey, they waited a long time w/a horrible owner who had to die before they could win it all. Cool unis, too. Stan Mikita.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Who do you hate* and why?

Any team with Matt Cooke.  Imagine if he played for the Habs. Which is number 2 on my list.  I like Philly b/c they are similar to the Bruins in the hard nosed style of play.  I have nothing against Washington and like watching them play.  I can't really hate Detroit b/c they play so skilled.  I just don't like when they win.

I don't care about the West.  Its the East I wanna get through.  Sure a few upsets in the othe conference would be nice.  But the bottom line is they are all pretty darn good.  west is easily the superior conference

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

1. Habs

2. Habs

3. Habs

3. Habs

4  Habs

5  Habs

6. Habs

7. Habs

8. Habs

9. Habs

10 Hab

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I really don't hate any NHL team other than Montreal.

Rangers were right up there in the 70s, but they have been so insignificant for so long I just can't care about them.  And they don't have any Ed Giacomins that I want to throw things at.

Buffalo is probably #2 on the dislike list.  They have that NY type natural dislike for me. Hate their announcers too.  Glad they went back to their old colors, though.

I guess 3rd on my dislike team is Pittsburgh.  Stole our colors, Lemieux crying, Cooke, eccch.

I just cannot dislike Philly.  They are everything I wish the Bruins were: up tempo, never, ever, ever quit, great motivational coaching, mentally strong, aggressive on offense and the penalty kill, used to have Parent and Favell, classic uniforms and tough history.  Its not their fault they never gave up last year and the B's choked.

Its time Washington won something.  They dont bother me and a guy I played college hockey with's son actually plays defense for them.  Rather TB didnt win. Love Yzerman but sick of the Florida non-support.

Out west I simply love the Red Wings.  They are a pure joy to watch on Direct TV every chance I get. Vancouver, Chicago too.  As the OP said, great uniforms on all (except writing "Vancouver" on the home jersey- stupid).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=6b98c56587ad5d804710910f4c2687fb&plckUserId=6b98c56587ad5d804710910f4c2687fb">
    TryToBearIt

DUDE--- Slow day @ work???

Good read though.   I hate any team playing the Bruins.

My order:

1. Montreal
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Rangers
    4. Red Wings
    5. Flyers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

1.  Maple Leafs because I live in the Toronto area and a lots of their fans are not very bright - yes I know they are passionate but these people are supposed to know hockey (the centre of the hockey universe thing) but they are definitely heart over brains when it comes to hockey knowledge.

2.  Montreal - obvious reasons

3.  The Rangers because I think the league would love to see them win (Bettman) and they are arrogant especially with Torterella there.

4.  Vancouver because of Luongo (over-rated or what).

5.  Anywhere that Chris Pronger plays so right now Philadelphia.

6.  Washington - bandwagon jumpers because of Ovechkin

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like your list.  Habs and Flyers have to be in the 1 and 2 spots.  There have been times the Flyers have made their way to #1 for me, but obviously Montreal has reclaimed the top spot for now.  Those two are miles ahead of everyone else.

For another Western conference team, how about Dallas?  Steve Ott alone should do it, and the Bruins always seem to have very spirited affairs with them.  I think the level which the Bruins destroyed that team this season has put a damper on the hate, but they should be in the top ten.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you hate* and why?:
    1. Habs 2. Habs 3. Habs 3. Habs 4  Habs 5  Habs 6. Habs 7. Habs 8. Habs 9. Habs 10 Hab
    Posted by Stuke50

Stuke,

You gotta be careful with your posts! Someone might call the cops on you!
    No one in particular in mind.... just sayin'!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Teams I don't like Habs, Sabres, Nucks, and Stars. Teams I find myself watching without hate Flyers, Ducks, Red Wings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hate the Panthers,Coyotes and Thrashers for no other reason than because I have no idea why hockey is in those markets and not in Winnipeg,Quebec or anywhere else in canada.

Teams I get excited watching the bruins play, Philly, Montreal (love it when they play in Montreal on a Saturday night) Maple Leafs (same thing), Vancouver,Detroit,Chicago and Washington. I hate when the B's lose. Love the rivalry between them and the Habs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Ronstar8...please change that logo before entering into this site, you bring down the class of people that visit here with that ugly logo.....If you would like to take a poll amoungst the other posters here and ask them, I'll wait here for the results .  just saying.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Penguins because of the 91' playoffs Ulf assault on Neely and well we know what else everytime I see that scourge of a supposed professional (use that very loosely!) athlete Matt F______ Cooke I cringe. I want the Penguins at some point in the playoffs this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I like your list.  Habs and Flyers have to be in the 1 and 2 spots.  There have been times the Flyers have made their way to #1 for me, but obviously Montreal has reclaimed the top spot for now.  Those two are miles ahead of everyone else. For another Western conference team, how about Dallas?  Steve Ott alone should do it, and the Bruins always seem to have very spirited affairs with them.  I think the level which the Bruins destroyed that team this season has put a damper on the hate, but they should be in the top ten.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Totally forgot about Dallas. Excellent call.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

1. First and foremost, the Bs when they play inconsistently!

Reality Now

2.  Montreal, hooligan thoughts at the gates of hell.

3.  Toronto... give me a number 5 at least!

4.  Philadelphia, the are a better team on paper.  Paper Tigers in goal.

5.  San Jose, Joe you pi$$sed me off with your latest remark!

6.  Washington and Pittsburgh, cause the NHL loves your dollar producing souless teams.

7.  Pheonix and Atlanta, cause Bettman thought old retired people would love hockey in the south.  Dah, they loved the teams from the areas they came from!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

bettman the man without a brain... no danger of concussion for him ...he's so brainless

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Who do you hate* and why?:
    With playoffs approaching I'm curious as to the forumites' Top 10 most despised teams and reasons why. I'll list mine along with a shorter list of teams I wouldn't mind seeing win if the Bruins aren't involved in the quest for the Cup and they're still playing * Hate meaning not in the literal sense of actual loathing, but in the sports-fan sense of teams you oppose because they stand in the way of your team achieving a goal. (That probably didn't need to be explained.) The Hated: 1. Canadiens. No explanation necessary. 2. Flyers. Leftover loathing from the goonery of the Broad Street Bullies days. Gooned their way to 2 Stanley Cups. Would have gotten their a**es kicked by Boston in '74 if Orr's knees weren't those of a 98 year old arthritic at the time. The whole Kate Smith cr*p. The filthy dirtiness of Bobby Clarke, who admitted to trying to break Orr's ankles like he did to the Russian in '72. That thing that happened last year. 3. Penguins Two of their worthless, scuzbag, gooned up thugs (Ulf Samuelsson and Matt Cooke) helped end the careers of two great, classy players (Neely and Savard). Mario's ridiculous hypocrisy following the Islanders game this year. Stealing the Bruins black and gold colors b/c they looked like p*ssies in their original powder blue. Sydney Crosby's smirk. 4. Rangers They were #3 for a long time but the rivalry has waned. I just hate it when teams from NY win and it still annoys me that they won in '94. 5. Sabres. It's not really hate so much as annoyance. The Bruins have a very good track record against them in the playoffs but they always seem to make things tougher than they need to be. The frustration of trying to put pucks past Ryan Miller. 6. Lightning. Because no team from Florida should ever have won a Stanley Cup. EVER. 7. Oilers The only western conference team on the list. Just the frsutration of having them standing in the way of Cups in '88 and '90. I could say I hate Petr Klima, but the truth is I really hate Glen Wesley. 8. Capitals. Again, more annoyance than hate. Ovechkin is kinda grating, I guess. 9. Maple Leafs. Phil Kessel has become mildly distasteful now that he's actually scored against the Bruins. If Seguin turns out to be a star I'll care less. The fact that only they stand between the Bruins as the Original 6 team to have gone longest w/out a Cup. 10. Tie: Islanders/Hurricanes I had the displeasure of being on Long Island during their 4 Cups in a row. Insufferable fans. 'Canes b/c of one guy: Scott Walker and the gut-punches from game 7. Teams I'm OK w/if they;re not playing Boston: 1. Vancouver. Beautiful city. Pulled hard for them against NYR in '94 and they shoulda won. Cool uniforms. 2. Detroit. Class all the way. Gordie Howe. Tradition of winning. Organization whose owner GETS IT (up yours, JJ). "Hockeytown". Cool unis. 3. Blackhawks. Hey, they waited a long time w/a horrible owner who had to die before they could win it all. Cool unis, too. Stan Mikita.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

too bad you have a problem with New York City.and Long Island. that's ok though,i hate anything in New Jersey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

1. Habs do I really need to explain?

2. Pens This goes back to when I was a kid. You had Ulf then you have Cooke now. The pens also have lucked out by being able to draft Mario and Jagr then in the modern day they luck out again with Sid and Malkin. The fans are frauds and only support hockey when they have the games best players and a winning team. Don't believe me? Look up how they were going to move and lack of fan support before Mario and then Sid came to town.

3.New York Rangers. Most overhyped hockey team year to year in my lifetime and they are from NYC hate all NY teams with a passion in all sports.

4. Buffalo Sabres Old Adams divison days and some playoff series their fans might be as dumb as leaf fans.

5. Detriot they have been darn good for a longtime early on when they had all the russians they were known for their numerous cheapshots. I guess the main reason I don't like them much is the fact they had no fannies in the seats before they become good in the 90's then decided to call themselfs " Hockey town USA". More like fairweather usa hockey town. Last time they were in the finals the day before game 7 you could still get regular seat tickets at the Joe through their website. What kind of a hockey town doesn't have stanley cup tickets sold out as soon as they go on sale?

Flyers, Caps, Cains, Stars, and I will throw in any southern team because the NHL should have never put teams in nascar country IMO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

This is easy;  

1.  Habs fans;
    2.  immature "fans" who argue about themselves being a bigger fan than someone else.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1.  Shuperman

2.  Dez

3.  Bookboy

4.  SanDog

5.  Kessel

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I did not make NAS top 5, that angers me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

1.  Shuperman 2.  Dez 3.  Bookboy 4.  SanDog 5.  Kessel
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Thats an awesome draft class NAS.  I just won the Doug Wickenheiser award.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I agree 100% with "stuke 50" especially now since the hit plus the 1970's Cherry days #1 to #10 the The Montreal Scabs. They think their the only team in the NHL when something happens to one of their players and they think they should win the cup every year.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

--Habs --NJ Devils: for taking the "fun" out of hockey in the 90s with that boring "neutral zone trap" --Flyers: bad blood going back to '74. (used to hate the early 80s NYI with a passion, but they've been irrelevant for 25 years or so, and i can now sympathize with their poor fans: ugly stadium, losing their base, and just a mess of an organization for some time now)
    Posted by ipot

I think coaches like CJ made a living adapting that horrible trap or its "box-like" defensive scheme counterpart. (works somewhat for the B's, tho').

It's true--look at hockey in the 80's--how open, end to end and exciting it was..then looked like a totally diff. game when the Devs started clogging up the ice.

Sections
Shortcuts