Who gets Recchi's 'A'?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

Who gets Recchi's 'A'?????

Just watched the Bruins Stanley Cup dvd.  Based on respected, veteran dressing room presence, I'd say Ference.  If it's on ice impact, that allows for future leadership growth, Lucic.   I don't see anyone else beyond those two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins2234. Show bruins2234's posts

Re: Who gets Recchi's 'A'?????

In Response to Who gets Recchi's 'A'?????:
    [QUOTE]Just watched the Bruins Stanley Cup dvd.  Based on respected, veteran dressing room presence, I'd say Ference.  If it's on ice impact, that allows for future leadership growth, Lucic.   I don't see anyone else beyond those two.
    Posted by stanjonathan17[/QUOTE]

I think Seidenberg and Thornton and worthy candidates.  But I have to agree, Ference really showed me something this past season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Horton. Everyone on the team loves him and just look at how he motivated the team this off season. For me #18 get the A.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

There are unknown intangibles having to do with attitude and leadership and good relations with team mates, coach, management.  Heart on ice does not necessarily translate to total team leadership.

That said, Seidenberg or Horton seem like good candidates for the "A".  Or Krejci?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from horton18. Show horton18's posts

looch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

There was a huge thread on this right after they wont the cup.  I think Ference got the most votes.  He's worn the "A" here before, I dont see why he wouldnt again.  But you never know, and I dont mind the third "A" being rotated around until it finds a more permanent home.  Good way to reward the guys that are hungry and leading.  Hell, start the season off with it on Timmys shoulder.  Hes MORE than earned it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

I think Lucic showed alot of restraint and controled emotions throughout the playoffs!  I saw him on one occasion talking with Marchand calming him down and on another talking with Horton after a couple bad penalties.  He really gets how to win and I think he is looked up to by all his teamates! 
    Lucic is my pick for the following dynamic!
    Chara this is obvious for all everybody
    Bergeron for the middle age and younger guys
    Lucic for the younger guys!
    I know these are all full team leaders but this will help dispurse the leadership duties!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

All good points.  Let's go out and sign Modano or Drury.  With guys like Chara, Bergy, Ference, Horton, Lucic and Timmy and our younger core guys I firmly believe we are building a dynasty. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ference has some swagger - funny how making a significant contribution to a cup win moves you from the "arsehool" category to the "savvy vet".  An 'A' would similarly change "threw his guy under the bus" to "spoke for the team's leaders to make the line clear".

Lucic has the history - Memorial Cup Champion MVP and Captain, 2007 Super Series Captain.  And he was a man in the face of the media attention for the collapse of 2010.

Campbell fits the profile of a hard-working, lunch bucket guy who does what it takes to win.  He'd be a good assistant on a team with a lot of younger guys who will have to make a mark on the bottom two lines before they get a chance to really show their skills.

Rotation between the three makes some sense.  A bigger rotation that include Seidenberg, Krecji, Kelly and Horton would almost give you one guy/month.  Kelly, as one of those guys who is almost like having an extension of the coach on the ice would almost certainly get a look.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

There's a good handful to choose from and "alternating the alternate" is not a bad idea.  Let's face it, Loochie and Bergie are future Captains, so I like Looch.  But, Horty, Ference, Kraych and Seids are all worthy.....(sorry for the nicknames, but I love this team and what PC is building). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In Response to Re: Who gets Recchi's 'A'?????:
    [QUOTE]There's a good handful to choose from and "alternating the alternate" is not a bad idea.  Let's face it, Loochie and Bergie are future Captains, so I like Looch.  But, Horty, Ference, Kraych and Seids are all worthy.....(sorry for the nicknames, but I love this team and what PC is building). 
    Posted by nitch19[/QUOTE]

Loochie?

Good god that made me cringe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wasn't Loochie the Asian guy on Barney Miller?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Ference.

But alternating is a good idea as well.  They've done that before.  Ference, Lucic, Krecji, Seidenberg, Thornton (be he needs to dress first) and Campbell would be my choices to alternate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Wasn't Loochie the Asian guy on Barney Miller?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Sgt. Nick Yemana (Jack Soo). Maybe you're thinking of Susan Lucci from " All my Children ".

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Love the rotating; I like Ference & think his leadership is top notch. Seids also is deserving; but I think where Chara is the captain & you only have 6 D dressed for any game? The other A should go to a forward. Lucic; Horts & DK should be the ones that rotate every 10th game. If there needs to be a 4th I'd pick Thorts. The only reason I want these 3 is because these are the guys that have been here since; they've been contenders. They're the ones who have been thru all the peaks & valleys since the 07-08 season. God forbid if Z goes down; but PB gets the C & Ference gets the A. I want Horts because of him showing up in big games at big times! That was without an A. Love to see what he could do if he was looked at as a leader.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Proof that even trolls get bored?

Chowdah - Yemana!  ROTFL!  I had completely forgotten the character's name. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who gets Recchi's 'A'?????:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who gets Recchi's 'A'????? :   Sgt. Nick Yemana ( Jack Soo ). Maybe you're thinking of Susan Lucci from " All my Children ". Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

The fact that I'm laughing means I'm old but that's ok I love my TV land. Oh Sgt. Yeman had great one liners sent to Phil Fish (Abe "Still not dead" Vigoda) but those quick zingers were never more than three word sentences but effective.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it'll go to a first line forward.  All three players are young enough that they'll hold the title for many years to come.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm guessing Krejci.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Why does anyone have to get it?

Pretty sure there aren't a finite number of Alternate Captains required, are there?  Recchi was a no-brainer to wear it, as he was with the team for leadership, but maybe the team just waits to see if there's a need for another A, or if a player make it plain that he's the type of leader that should have one.

And please, no more goalie wearing a C or A talk. It was revolting that Luongo tried to pretend he was a Captain even though its against league rules and it was all a sham.  That was perfect that a goof like Luongo would think he was so important that the rules didnt apply to him.

A fine leader he is, too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Why does anyone have to get it? Pretty sure there aren't a finite number of Alternate Captains required, are there?  Recchi was a no-brainer to wear it, as he was with the team for leadership, but maybe the team just waits to see if there's a need for another A, or if a player make it plain that he's the type of leader that should have one. And please, no more goalie wearing a C or A talk. It was revolting that Luongo tried to pretend he was a Captain even though its against league rules and it was all a sham.  That was perfect that a goof like Luongo would think he was so important that the rules didnt apply to him. A fine leader he is, too.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Pssssssssss! More air deflates from Bobby Lou's tires. Do you have Timmy's # Sox? Maybe; he's got a changed heart & will pump them up for him now!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Ference and 'The Finger' get my vote -a highlight of the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who gets Recchi's 'A'????? : Pssssssssss! More air deflates from Bobby Lou's tires. Do you have Timmy's # Sox? Maybe; he's got a changed heart & will pump them up for him now!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I'm still amazed at how much respect I've lost for LuonGoal since the beginning of the Vancouver series.  Honestly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Funny how ference keeps getting mentioned, before he flipped off the Montreal faithful he was pretty much the designated whipping boy on this site.