who gets the start tonite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

who gets the start tonite?

rask or thomas? both have looked good of late, last road game before heading home for a couple. does who they want to start at home thursday effect who they start tonite? i would want TT to start thursday at home, allowing tuukka the start in ottawa tonite.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: who gets the start tonite?

I am going with the hopes of Tuukka so that way we see an extra fresh TT for the game Thursday vs Tampa and Sat vs. Pitt.  2 very big games.  At this point of the season i would like to see the time split to keep Timmy fresh for the playoffs.  and lets face it, Ottawa is depleted playing with AHL players for the most part.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: who gets the start tonite?:
    I am going with the hopes of Tuukka so that way we see an extra fresh TT for the game Thursday vs Tampa and Sat vs. Pitt.  2 very big games.  At this point of the season i would like to see the time split to keep Timmy fresh for the playoffs.  and lets face it, Ottawa is depleted playing with AHL players for the most part.
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

this makes sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dynasty...let's not look past ottawa though, they beat vancouver a few days back! AHLers and all, no team can be overlooked. i think they may have even shut them out!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

^^^ very good point

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

any word from the morning skate? i'm having trouble getting on the b's site.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would have no problem if they rotate back in forth, giving Tuuka a chance to bring his improved game to the rink against Tampa.  Particularly if we extend a 5 game winning streak to 6 against Ottawa tonight.  You risk giving up two points while gaining the opportunity to see Rask finally reach a new level for this season.  It's critical that he has his confidence back in time for the playoffs where he is an injury or a two game losing streak away from potentially carrying the weight of this teams season on his shoulder.  I don't think we should play him solely against the patsies.  I will not be upset if he starts tonight and TT gets the next two, but at some point he needs to play a tough team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

It will likely be Rask tonight to rest Thomas for Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh and let's not forget the Big rematch with Montreal in one week from today in Montreal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i hate doing "what if's"...but , what if tuukka starts tonite and records a shut out? does he get the next start against tb at home? it's hard not to, isn't it? purely hypothetical 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Twitter is littered with reports that,

Joe Haggerty
    Tuukka Rask is the first goaltender off the ice for the and it looks like he'll get his 2nd straight start again vs Senators
    26 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

adkbeesfan, I am a firm believer in a goalie plays the next game following a shutout.  Almost without exception I think that is the right thing to do at all levels of the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: who gets the start tonite?:
    i hate doing "what if's"...but , what if tuukka starts tonite and records a shut out? does he get the next start against tb at home? it's hard not to, isn't it? purely hypothetical 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

No way Tuukka starts against TB if he plays tonight (Shutout or not) and even if he doesnt play tonight, I still do think they play him against TB. And yes its easy to always want to play TT even if rask is playing well. TT is who will be starting come playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

They would be smart to give it to RASK. Then give TT Thrusday and Saturday against the lighting and pens.

We have to give Rask as many start that we can to keep both our goalies on their game ready for play off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

btw, i was mistaken, the sens beat the flyers a couple days ago, not the nuks...i knew they beat a conference leader- just mixed them up...the point still remains, the b's better not take them for granted  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Sometimes, the AHL call-ups play with something to prove and that was the case for the Sens vs Philly last week.

B's need to be ready for tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts