Who goes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Who goes?

With Savard about to return who will go?

My guess Andrew Ference. I like his game but his salary fits what needs to be cleared for Savy. I feel he is being showcased as a top 4 defenceman playing with Chara. If Chia can get a mid range pick or prospect for him that would fine. We need a more offensive minded D-men as we have enough shut down guys. Maybe Chia should give Alexandrov a shot.

Talent Analysis

A dependable defenseman…shoots left…doesn’t have many weak spots…main area of improvement is his body mass and strength– he is very light…good top speed… skates well backwards …a technically sound skater…a strong leader (1988 born national team’s captain)...aggressive – likes to hit, likes the physical aspect of the game…a capable power play quarterback…dangerous as both a shooter and a passer…shot – not bad, good strong shot…solid first pass out of the zone…controls the puck well, modern two way defenseman…gets ice time in Cherepovets – not much, but consistently gets ice time.

I know people say he is not ready for the NHL but if he is what they say he is he will figure it out and make the adjustments. Sometimes all a player needs is a chance.

Who do you think will go?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Who goes?

Plenty of threads already started about this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Guess we'll know pretty soon. Savard seems to be close to returning. Anyone heard what's happening with Sturm's recovery plans?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Does any cap space need to be cleared when just Savard returns?  I have read so many contradicting salary cap stuff, I have no idea which is true.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Me too, somewhere between 1-2M for just savard

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

All along the best Cap analysis by Dr.CC indicates $4+ mil goes when Savvy appears. That equates to Ryder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Who goes?:
    [QUOTE]With Savard about to return who will go? My guess Andrew Ference. I like his game but his salary fits what needs to be cleared for Savy. I feel he is being showcased as a top 4 defenceman playing with Chara. If Chia can get a mid range pick or prospect for him that would fine. We need a more offensive minded D-men as we have enough shut down guys. Maybe Chia should give Alexandrov a shot. Talent Analysis A dependable defenseman…shoots left…doesn’t have many weak spots…main area of improvement is his body mass and strength– he is very light…good top speed… skates well backwards …a technically sound skater…a strong leader (1988 born national team’s captain)...aggressive – likes to hit, likes the physical aspect of the game… a capable power play quarterback…dangerous as both a shooter and a passer…shot – not bad, good strong shot…solid first pass out of the zone …controls the puck well, modern two way defenseman…gets ice time in Cherepovets – not much, but consistently gets ice time. I know people say he is not ready for the NHL but if he is what they say he is he will figure it out and make the adjustments. Sometimes all a player needs is a chance. Who do you think will go?
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

I'm very high on Alexandrov, but he is not ready. Throw him onto the Bruins right now and it would be a disaster.

I can't see a defenseman going. Anyone you lose, you're going to have to replace, at a comparable salary. They're getting a forward back, so a forward (or two) will depart, either by trade or to Providence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

If nhlnumbers.com is correct, Bruins will have to move 4.741 of cap space to be able to fit Savard and Sturm in under the cap.  So Ryder is obviously out of here for the sole reason of his 4 mil cap hit.  After dealing Ryder, sending Caron to Providence or trading Paille could be a short term solution to bring back both Savard and Sturm, but I am sure they would like to have more cap room than that would leave them for trade deadline deals/healthy scratches.

When just Savard comes back, they will have to clear 1.791 of cap space. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Milan goes

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

Its the group of Wheeler, Ryder, Hunwick, Ference and Paille.  Wheeler the only one might get you something of value, the rest salary dumps for late draft picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Who goes?:
    [QUOTE]Milan goes Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

ROFL. Getting into the eggnog today?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

In Response to Re: Who goes?:
    [QUOTE]All along the best Cap analysis by Dr.CC indicates $4+ mil goes when Savvy appears. That equates to Ryder.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

4M+ for Savard & Sturm.  1M+ for Savard

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Easy, nobody goes. Delay the come back of Savard or Sturm until other injuries occur. Bring them in case of long-term injuries, especially before the playoffs. The division championships have not any importance. Only the Stanley Cup is important.

The last two playoffs, 2009 and 2010 have been missed by too many injuries.