Who has the advantage now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Who has the advantage now?

i don't know who's got the advantage, but what i've seen is the B'S impose their dominance in both games with the sHabs being able to do little about it except for Price standing on his head in game one....

that said, B'S have to stop putting themselves behind the eight-ball because playing catch-up all the time is a recipe for disaster....   

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't understand all the Price love. Sure, he makes saves... but he's carrying a 2.54 GAA and .910 save % in the playoffs.. .884 save % yesterday. Not exactly world-beater stats. Somehow he's in the B's heads?

The Bruins have been credited with 85 shots on net so far in the series, which obviously don't include the 357 missed open nets, the 57 hit posts, and the 75 shots over the bar or wide (obviously exaggerating).

That kind of team defense will see the Habs' season end in this series.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Canadian media are wrongly attributing all the Bruins missed chances as "Price is in their heads." For them, it's a story that sells.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:[QUOTE] If the Bruins continue to go upstairs on Price - like the FOUR goals they blew past him in the 3rd - they will have quite an advantage right there.  Aim high, literally and figuratively.[/QUOTE]

Yep he has been anticipating too quick to stop lower shots. Like a New Orleans madame with a time limit LoL

Now scab fans know why he wasn't Vezina worthy this season. Eat it Pierre!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The way I look at it is...we stole one, they stole one...it's pretty even. I think we are the better team, and I think we should win. It's even now, but we are a very good team and once Rask starts stealing a game or two, it will be all over for the habs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

The way I look at it is...we stole one, they stole one...it's pretty even. I think we are the better team, and I think we should win. It's even now, but we are a very good team and once Rask starts stealing a game or two, it will be all over for the habs.

I don't think the Bruins stole yesterday's game.  They were the better team for at least two out of three periods.  They missed a bunch of chances (again) and hit a few posts (again).  Their PK sucked which accounted for the Habs' lead.  The Bruins have eight even strenght goals and the Habs have two.  The Habs are lucky it's not 2-0 Bruins.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bruins end this in 5.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I don't think the Bruins stole yesterday's game.  They were the better team for at least two out of three periods.  They missed a bunch of chances (again) and hit a few posts (again).  Their PK sucked which accounted for the Habs' lead.  The Bruins have eight even strenght goals and the Habs have two.  The Habs are lucky it's not 2-0 Bruins.

[/QUOTE]

The Bs have dominated the general play in the first 2 games, but have little production to show for it, minus yesterday's late game heroics.

You have to figure that the production aspect and Rask getting better as the series goes, will both become more of a reality.

I agree that it would not be shocking to see the B's win this going away and ending it in 5. Not saying that, but I would not be surprised.  I had it going 6, but would not be surprised if it ends in 5.

The 3 and 4 posts per game Price has going for him in this series are not likely to hold up throughout.

If Boston can stay out of the box, they can run away with this.  But, the concerning part was the officiating yesterday clearly trying to swing the game in the Habs favor almost from the outset. The announcers were talking about it and Julien made no bones in his press conference. It was atrocious, all in favor of Montreal, and they still lost.

Keep it 5-5 as much as possible and it's the Bs to lose.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, just stay out of the box and we'll win this thing 5 on 5 - we are the better team - I had us winning in 6 too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep he has been anticipating too quick to stop lower shots. Like a New Orleans madame with a time limit LoL

Now scab fans know why he wasn't Vezina worthy this season. Eat it Pierre!

[/QUOTE]

Note too how many of the goals scored on him so far have Price going from post to post while on his knees. Nullifies his glove when he does that on shots just below the crossbar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No you're right, we played better two out of three periods, it's just that when you're down by two goals with nine minutes to play, and then you come back to win before the end of regulation...too me that's stealing a game. Especially when you consider that their goalie was playing well (and getting plenty of luck from his goal posts). The whole ending was pretty unique...Bergeron's goal that skipped off the ice...then off a player, before going into the net only added to it. I'm not saying we were lucky - we deserved every bit of it - it's just that you usually don't see teams give up 4 goals in five minutes of playoff hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Keep the Habs to a 5 on 5 limit their power play chances to (3) and you beat them. Don't do that your asking for trouble. I disagree Price is a very good goalie. He made great saves in game 1.. Me if it was my pick I would go with metzaros over Bartkowski for game 3 at least . This series will come down to the bruins discipline and their PK.. If that's good from here  on out they win.. I like them in 7. Just my point of view. On a side note that LA/ ANA great finish great game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

No you're right, we played better two out of three periods, it's just that when you're down by two goals with nine minutes to play, and then you come back to win before the end of regulation...too me that's stealing a game. Especially when you consider that their goalie was playing well (and getting plenty of luck from his goal posts). The whole ending was pretty unique...Bergeron's goal that skipped off the ice...then off a player, before going into the net only added to it. I'm not saying we were lucky - we deserved every bit of it - it's just that you usually don't see teams give up 4 goals in five minutes of playoff hockey.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree.  I want to add that I figure bounces should even out at the end of a game, or series.  The Bergeron trick shot helps even out all the posts and missed empty nets for the Bruins.  I know posts happen during a game, but usually each team hits a couple.  It seems like the Bruins are hitting all the posts so far in this series.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Bruins do. I know if the roles were reversed, it would be a devastating loss for the Bs from a mental standpoint, sort of like Game 4 down in TB on that Sunday afternoon in 2011 when the Bruins had that lead and then the Lightning went off for like 3 in a row to win it.

That turned out ok, but it flipped the series on its head and all but guaranteed a Game 7.

Montreal just choked badly and I still do not like Carey Price at all. He's a born loser. He called what the Bruins did "lucky" and he's been beyond lucky with a horseshoe up his rectum for Games 1 and 2.  Those posts and lucky saves may not be there the rest of the series like that.  The odds are against him.  What the B's did wasn't luck, they imposed their will and finally broke through, bearing down to finally shoot the puck instead of fiddling with it, giving Price the advantage on every scoring opp.  

That win should be a springboard for the ones snakebitten a bit to wake up and settle in to the series. Marchand, Eriksson and Iginla come to mind.

As for positional player choices, I thought Florek was good vs Detroit but I don't have an opinion from Game 1 on him.  Curly may just be trying to push buttons to see what he's going to go with there.

I prefer Bartkowski over Metzaros.  I think he plays in the system better and isn't as much of a liability on D.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Price a "born loser"?....  i guess you didn't watch the winter olympics....  and yes, even the B'S and some fans would say they were lucky on two of the goals, nothing wrong with that....

i wouldn't trade Tuukka for Price nor would i vice-versa....

let's just hope Price doesn't come back and make you eat your words....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I think the Bruins have more to do with their situation than the Habs do. Stupid penalties have hurt them far more than anything the Habs have done. Bruins play their game, they win in five or six.

I think the Metzaros/Bartkowski choice is a wash.

Caron.. I just feel bad things happen when he plays more often than not.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sorry but if you don't think the Bs have a chance in any scenario then you are not a fan.  I said the same in 2011 when the Bs were down 2-0. I believe against Montreal, if you don't believe in success then go watch the favorite of the month (Blackhawks).  The Blackhawk fans are not looking forward to LA Kings BTW.  It is what is it is.  It is playoff hockey.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bruins in my opinion. They were the better team both games and would be up 2-0 if Price did not stand on his head last game. Now the confidence of the B's must be brimming thanks to today's game.

I like Caron over Florek (can't believe I am typing that) and think Mez/Bart are a wash....

[/QUOTE]

Glad to see that you're noticing the positives in Caron's overall game. Florek has been OK in the role he's been asked to play but I'll be surprised if he slots in ahead of Caron again anytime soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Bruins have more to do with their situation than the Habs do. Stupid penalties have hurt them far more than anything the Habs have done. Bruins play their game, they win in five or six.

I think the Metzaros/Bartkowski choice is a wash.

Caron.. I just feel bad things happen when he plays more often than not.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

[/QUOTE]

Bruins are 5-1 in these playoffs when Caron is suited up. He's taken 2 minor "penalties" in those 6 games while managing to be +1. What are the bad things again?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glad to see that you're noticing the positives in Caron's overall game. Florek has been OK in the role he's been asked to play but I'll be surprised if he slots in ahead of Caron again anytime soon.

[/QUOTE]

Caron knows the system better and it shows. He is more physical and good on the 4rth line where he should stay.

Plus, with Florek around he knows he has to step it up and that's a good thing. This really is his last kick at the can because Florek and some other PBruins will pass him on the depth chart come next season if he does not show anything other than he comes cheap.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Can Caron fight? It's likely to get ugly at least one game in Montreal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can Caron fight? It's likely to get ugly at least one game in Montreal.

[/QUOTE]

No he can not.....

Sections
Shortcuts