Who Here Loved Chara's Hit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Who Here Loved Chara's Hit?

He was finishing his check....nothing intentional about it.  Tough break Maxine....karma's a b*tch, huh?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Who Here Loved Chara's Hit?

I think Pacioretty was going all alone if Chara would'nt have pushed him...wasnt a dirty hit just happened to be to close to that post ....

Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I hate the Habs.  I mean HATE.  But i did not love that hit and someone who did is sick.  Watching someone lay motionless on the ice doesn't get me excited sorry.  It was very hard to watch the replays.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

In Response to Who Here Loved Chara's Hit?:
    [QUOTE]He was finishing his check....nothing intentional about it.  Tough break Maxine....karma's a b*tch, huh?   
    Posted by nitch19[/QUOTE]

Loved it !  Just because its Chara  and Scaborety. Subban is next!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I wouldn't I say loved the hit but I liked Big Zs aggressiveness. The League will suspend Chara for the end result which I didn't like. Hockey is a fast, aggressive, hard hitting sport the odds of hits like the Chara hit are bound too happen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Who Here Loved Chara's Hit?:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't I say loved the hit but I liked Big Zs aggressiveness. The League will suspend Chara for the end result which I didn't like. Hockey is a fast, aggressive, hard hitting sport the odds of hits like the Chara hit are bound too happen. 
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Ditto, Vic.  I hope 2 games maximum for Chara - hard check, yes, but no intent to injure and no history, I suppose the league will say he should have known where he was on the ice.

What does your mate, Kenny Blankenship think?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have serious questions about anyone who enjoyed watching that.  I don't think Chara should be suspended and I don't think he meant to hurt him.  I think he deserved two minutes for interference.

But I still hate seeing a player (not named Matt Cooke) lying on the ice like that.  It was horrible to see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

0 games for a barely 2 min penalty, turned into 5 and a game by a chickenshiite ref.

This league is turning into a European pansified league, cheap shot artists are allowed to go unscathed, a finished check turns into a debate whether there was a penalty and how many games is there for it.

Pacy got nailed by a stantion, Z did not even lower the boom on him. This stantion takes out a player per game or at least every second, this is really a nontopic other than it was a scab that got railed by a B.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

My initial reaction was a double clap of the hands and an "Oh yeah" comment.  Once the replays came down and Donnie Delnegro came on the ice I realized Pac wasn't faking and he was in trouble.  I've been knocked out cold just like that when I was a youth playing rep hockey and it is not pleasant.  I went from ragging the puck along the boards while killing a penalty to waking up in the trainers room with my cougar boots on instead of skates.

Even though "hate" is the only word I can use to describe the Habs, I quickly felt bad for clapping after seeing a couple of those replays.

For Pac, I feel for him (tough to even say, but it is true).  For the Habs losing a goal scorer during a battle for 1st in the division...a Rene Rencourt fist pump is an internal feeling I can't deny.       

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Not a dirty play - defensemen squeeze off forwards all the time - it was just in a bad spot on the ice.  Chara has no history of intent to injure.  His elbow was down - hello Matt Cooke.  Chara is 6'9" and 260 odd pounds - that shouldn't weigh against him?  We're not talking Kyle McLaren and Zhitnik, here, which I'll admit I enjoyed to a degree.  I did not like seeing Pacioretty prone on the ice like that and clearly hurt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The hit I liked (although was a penalty) ,  the end result is un-fortunate.
    I wanted Chara to crush Pacioretty,  didn't he crush Siedenberg ? again the end result was un-fortunate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I didn't like it for a few reasons.
    1.  The Habs will use this as their rally cry and they always seem to play better with stuff like this going on.
    2.  Chara will now be under the microscope and anything close he will be nailed.  Think Pronger in the playoffs where he was suspended.

I don't think it was the worst thing I have ever seen and will be shocked if there is a suspension.  If he had been in any other area in the rink its a non-issue. 

Chara will be labelled and this is where I think it may be a plus.  I want Chara angry.  I hope that's how this plays out.  I don't like the result of the player being near death on the ice but I do hope Chara plays with a little Chris Pronger in him.  Its what he should have been doing for a while.  Scott Stevens always played on the edge as well.  Players would keep their heads up, maybe rush a play for fear.  I hope he starts getting that reputation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

For the people who LOVED the hit.  its being reported the kid has ATLEAST 1 fractured vertebrae and a severe concussion

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]I have serious questions about anyone who enjoyed watching that.  I don't think Chara should be suspended and I don't think he meant to hurt him.  I think he deserved two minutes for interference. But I still hate seeing a player (not named Matt Cooke) lying on the ice like that.  It was horrible to see.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY, well said....You morons that think this was a good thing to happen have no respect for the game...Bunch of idiots if you ask me. This is the crap they dont want to see in the game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bgrif... no, the crap they don't want to see are head shots and blind side hits. this was neither. tell me how many suspensions you can recall because a guy got checked legally into the stantion? ZERO- the hit was fine...the result was unfortunate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]I have serious questions about anyone who enjoyed watching that.  I don't think Chara should be suspended and I don't think he meant to hurt him.  I think he deserved two minutes for interference. But I still hate seeing a player (not named Matt Cooke) lying on the ice like that.  It was horrible to see.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

It depends on the way you phrase it in my opinion. Big hits are fun to watch, and I've seen hits like this that fire me up multiple times and get you excited. With that said though, I hated the outcome of the hit and felt sick watching his head hit.

I liked the hit until I saw the outcome, in which my stomach dropped - I never want to see any player down like that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have a question. 

Would Chara have been thinking of hitting him at all had Pac not shoved Chara after the overtime gwg last time out?

Small incidents like that evolve into bigger ones.  Remember Gaustad shooting the puck well after the whistle in the buffalo series last year?  Then Chara hit him - after the whistle.  and then more stuff happened later.

Again - it all starts with the small cheesey stuff.

A cheap shot after the whistle that isn't injurious, but obvious to everyone is going to get  any player to retaliate.  It's a very public put down and they will respond.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I thought it was a good clean hockey play, but I do not wish that kind of injury on anyone. 
    Hope you get well soon Max, and then the next time we 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Well the hockey commentators up her are saying it was a clean hit.
    Chara didn't intend to injure.
     I am sure when Paciretty comes back he won't cross check Chara in the back
    after the game is over and mouth off. I mean what was he thinking of??
    you don't rileup a guy like Chara.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

I was one of those that thought Chara crushed Paciretty and initially loved it, but then saw him laying there and felt a bit sick once I saw the replay. With the exception of Cooke I don't like to see anyone hurt like that....and that was not a Cooke like hit.

I think the worst part is it would have been a 2 min penalty if his head didn't hit the turnbuckle (I though it was a stanchion?), but since Paciretty was hurt it turned into an immediate misconduct. I also have to think that players know where they are on the ice and that stanchion was coming up, but it was both Charas and Pacirettys responsibility to know that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

How long you think he will miss for this type of injury?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]How long you think he will miss for this type of injury?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

It's really impossible to predict with concussions, especially severe ones.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

So good chance he is out for the playoffs

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]So good chance he is out for the playoffs
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't shock me at all if he is done for the season at least.