Who is right? Me or NAS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who is right? Me or NAS?

NAS recently had a post where he stated that he was not going to get too down on losses this year since they won the Cup this year and all he hoped was that the games were entertaining. I'm paraphrasing here and If I misunderstood your post NAS, I apologize.

For the record, I'm not about about to hit the panic button yet so please don't think I'm overreacting to the games so far. i think they'll be fine and I like to think i'm pretty level headed, even for a goalie.

But when i saw him post that I was pretty baffled. I asked myself, is that the mentality of alot of Bruins fans?  Not saying he is wrong at all, but I'm totally the opposite. Once the Bruins won, I was very happy and refelcted back on it all summer with a smile. But to me, it just makes me want to win another one that much more. I was loking back to last year, how fun it was at work looking forward to the game that night, basically revolving everything around it, the emotional roller coaster, it was awesome. Playoff hockey is the most entertaining sporting event in the world as it is, but to have the team you watched for 30 plus years, and that your emotionally attached/invested to go through that was something I'll never forget. I know the first one in a long drought will always be the most special, but i don't want to miss out on possibly going through that again.

So my question to the Bruins faithful is, I guess nobody is really right or wrong here, are you of the same mindset of NAS or does the Cup last year make you that much more thirsty for another one, like myself?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Who is right? Me or NAS?

NAS

The relief of winning and joy wont be matched by a repeat this year.  The 1st cup is the sweetest.  Plus NAS is my boy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanbdm. Show seanbdm's posts

NAS makes me sick everytime I read one of his post, it make me dislike him more, he complains about the players. I can't imagine he's a real fan, he also put down everyone and thinks he is the only real authority on hockey but that just my opinion

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

NAS

Same feeling of relief like when the sox won in 04(maybe not the best comparison). It'll never be the same. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

You're right. People saying things like "first cup is the sweetest" or "it'll never be the same" make the whole idea of sports and sports fandom pointless, and it's the true definition of bandwagon fan.

"Oh, my team won, now I'm done caring, I'm just gonna talk about the past forever."

Good luck in life with that outlook.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS?:
    You're right. People saying things like "first cup is the sweetest" or "it'll never be the same" make the whole idea of sports and sports fandom pointless, and it's the true definition of bandwagon fan. "Oh, my team won, now I'm done caring, I'm just gonna talk about the past forever." Good luck in life with that outlook.
    Posted by RawrBear

I have been a Bruins fan for my whole life.  I was a fan in the 80's and the 90's and the 00's.  I supported them when they lost the Cup...twice and choked away countless other opportunities.  I supported them and their horrible draft picks, horrible coaches and horrible trades. 

Finally, after all those years of elation and pain, they did it.  They won the Cup.  It's all I ever wanted and everything I didn't have.

And they gave it to me. 

This year, I'm still in the afterglow glory.  It's beautiful to see the Cup on all of the marketing, the posters, the banners, everything.  If they don't do so well this year, I am fine with that.  They gave me one.

And therefore I'm a bandwagon fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kel,

I can see you point.  You got a taste and you want more.  A lot of people look at it the same way.

I will not be okay if they fail again and again and again, but honestly, eight games after winning the Cup, people are ready to leap off the Tobin. 

Silly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : I have been a Bruins fan for my whole life.  I was a fan in the 80's and the 90's and the 00's.  I supported them when they lost the Cup...twice and choked away countless other opportunities.  I supported them and their horrible draft picks, horrible coaches and horrible trades.  Finally, after all those years of elation and pain, they did it.  They won the Cup.  It's all I ever wanted and everything I didn't have. And they gave it to me.  This year, I'm still in the afterglow glory.  It's beautiful to see the Cup on all of the marketing, the posters, the banners, everything.  If they don't do so well this year, I am fine with that.  They gave me one. And therefore I'm a bandwagon fan.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Hey troll.  Let me get you a tissue

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : Hey troll.  Let me get you a tissue
    Posted by shuperman

Morning, noon or night.  Sunday to Saturday.  January to December.

I hate you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kel, I can see you point.  You got a taste and you want more.  A lot of people look at it the same way. I will not be okay if they fail again and again and again, but honestly, eight games after winning the Cup, people are ready to leap off the Tobin.  Silly.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Honest question NAS, Do you think youre mindset changes come playoff time?

(I'm not a bridge jumper I they'll be in the playoffs)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Kel, I can see you point.  You got a taste and you want more.  A lot of people look at it the same way. I will not be okay if they fail again and again and again, but honestly, eight games after winning the Cup, people are ready to leap off the Tobin.  Silly.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Nine games not eight games ... and you made the same mistake on your "Get some leather" thread ... most annoying.

I'm with you on not being that dissappointed if the Bruins don't repeat this year. In fact, given how many intense playoff games the Bruins played last year and also the year before, I would be surprised to see a Cup this year in Boston.

I know this is not baseball, but given how the Sox went this year, I would not be that shocked if the Bruins followed suite ... not making the playoffs. Yeah go ahead and shoot me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

KELVANA

i just want to start a new season. i want last year to be last year and i want this year to be this year.

now saying that i know full that last years run and the winning of the cup has everything to do with this years early malaise(sorry chairelli)
    i have tried my hardest to separate the 2 but its impossible. i mean it doesn't help that the cup itself will not go away so there is for the team a constituent reminder of what they accomplished last year.

i not familiar with the post your paraphrasing NAS from KEL but when i read"that he was not going to get too down on losses this year since they won the Cup this year and all he hoped was that the games were entertaining" i just disagree. now i not trying to speak for NAS or anyone else that feels that way but when i read that i feel its just giving the bruins a pass for there current play over the last 9 games and going forward. thats just not working for me and its because i believe this team is too well coached in this coaches system and contrary to alot of opinions now after the fact i think the bruins are one of the top 4 talented teams in this the NHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : I would not be that shocked if the Bruins followed suite ... not making the playoffs.
    Posted by Klaas

Suit not suite.  Most annoying.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : Honest question NAS, Do you think youre mindset changes come playoff time? (I'm not a bridge jumper I they'll be in the playoffs)
    Posted by kelvana33

I can't tell you how I'll feel at playoff time this season as I've never lived through the "just won it all" with the B's.

I know with the Sox and the Pats, I was happy to just enjoy the season.  To expect them to repeat is foolhardy, so I'll just hope for fun games and the progression of the younger players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : I can't tell you how I'll feel at playoff time this season as I've never lived through the "just won it all" with the B's. I know with the Sox and the Pats, I was happy to just enjoy the season.  To expect them to repeat is foolhardy, so I'll just hope for fun games and the progression of the younger players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Sounds like the ramblings of an old man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : Sounds like the ramblings of an old man.
    Posted by RawrBear

In what respect?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i just looked at the title of the thread - NAS is right

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : In what respect?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

To basically give up before you even have a chance to give anything in the first place. It sounds like an old man on his death bed or something. Get up, man. Now is now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : To basically give up before you even have a chance to give anything in the first place. It sounds like an old man on his death bed or something. Get up, man. Now is now.
    Posted by RawrBear

I haven't given up anything.  No matter how I approach it, they will play exactly the same.  I hope they win the Cup every year from now until the day I die.  I am presently still thrilled that they won the Cup A FEW MONTHS AGO.  I'm not going to lose my mind over some early season close loses.  I'm not going to start picking apart good players, suggesting trades or firings and I'm certainly not going to start threads about how terrible they played.

I'm just going to watch the games and enjoy them.

And that's okay.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : I haven't given up anything.  No matter how I approach it, they will play exactly the same.  I hope they win the Cup every year from now until the day I die.  I am presently still thrilled that they won the Cup A FEW MONTHS AGO.  I'm not going to lose my mind over some early season close loses.  I'm not going to start picking apart good players, suggesting trades or firings and I'm certainly not going to start threads about how terrible they played. I'm just going to watch the games and enjoy them. And that's okay.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And with all this I agree 100 percent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : I can't tell you how I'll feel at playoff time this season as I've never lived through the "just won it all" with the B's. I know with the Sox and the Pats, I was happy to just enjoy the season.  To expect them to repeat is foolhardy, so I'll just hope for fun games and the progression of the younger players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

this is what im in favor of instead of giving important shifts to 1 million dollar rentals that I wont say the name OF but ill give a hint sounds like ''BENOIT POULIOT''

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It's not a question of who's wrong or right, imho. Each fan owns his/her own fandom and deals with it in individual ways. But, for me right now?  I'm in this weird zone where I don't feel panic; I kinda feel nothing.  Why?  Because I really feel this team, this year doesn't care.   They are resting on their laurels.   Their motto: " Paycheck? April vacation? Sweet. "
    Posted by ipot

Similar to last year ipot with 1 major difference......I see your point though. But all you can do is hope to be wrong while expecting to be right. Cheers to a big win Saturday(even though you've decided to boycott watching).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm starting to get nervous.

I think this is a better team than last year.

I think they are a bit snake bit.

I think they have run into some hot goalies.

My view of the future was that they would be cup contenders starting *this* year.

Last year's cup was a total bonus.

They deserved to win the game against the Habs.

Sections
Shortcuts