Who is right? Me or NAS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Who is right? Me or NAS?

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS?:
    [QUOTE]I n Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : Couldnt agree more.  Sad thing is she knew more than her male counterpart.  Painful. Glad we lost our access in here last night.  It would have been a troll paradise
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

DEAD ON BROTHER !
    I watched it only last night and boy was that guy bad. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fletch,  no excuses for Horton but that night the calls did not come the same way for both teams.  Gill had crossed checked Horton in front of the net with the puck on the point and no call.  They just finished the 5 on 3 and the refs did not feel like putting the Habs down 5 on 3 again.  Especially when Dave Jackson (well know Mtl native) is reffing.
    Also Ference deserved the call but now sure how they missed Subban's stick pressing against Ference between the legs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch,  no excuses for Horton but that night the calls did not come the same way for both teams.  Gill had crossed checked Horton in front of the net with the puck on the point and no call.  They just finished the 5 on 3 and the refs did not feel like putting the Habs down 5 on 3 again.  Especially when Dave Jackson (well know Mtl native) is reffing. Also Ference deserved the call but now sure how they missed Subban's stick pressing against Ference between the legs.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I agree Legion, and if there is one hockey conspiracy that I think actually has legs, it is the consistent home cooking the Habs get in the Bell Centre.

BUT, Horton needs to check his ego.  Getting cross-checked without a call is part of the game.  It happens to everyone.  In a big game you've got to shake it off instead of settling the score.  His retaliation cross check on Gill was so obvious and so blatant that there was no chance at all of the ref missing it.  Horton is not above getting an occasional cheap shot his way, and if he's really focused on winning, he shakes it off and keeps his eye on the prize.

Like I said, I can't believe that Subban is still able fool NHL refs into calling the retaliatory penalty over and over after his antics.  But that's life in the Bell Centre, and the Bruins need to check their ego and roll with the punches a little better.  The stick in the groin is so much more subtle than a right hand to the face -- it just gives the refs an opportunity to appease the home crowd and punish those big, bad, bullies that stole the Cup last year.

In close games, I'd like to see the Bruins start to turn the other cheek.  In lopsided games I like to see someone destroy PK Subban.  Unfortunately, most games with Montreal are close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Gotta be hungry!!!  What is the ultimate goal?? Lord Stanley's Cup...right or wrong? That's what you play hockey for...
    I saw the one in '72. Great stuff. This one no less grand, nor will the next one be. Gotta see it done over and over...that's what they play for...it's win the cup or you're a loser. That's why they keep score, is it not?
    Garfield

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Cassie Campbell was the brightest person in the booth for either of the two games, by a country mile...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Between games, I'm in column NAS.  Leaf fans keep coming up to me saying things like "oo bet you miss Kessel right now!" and I smile and nod and say "you enjoy October!" or "could you keep it down, I have a bit of a Stanley Cup hangover."

Before, during, and after games?  I hate to see them gag up good chances.  I hate to see them commit Kaberle-like defensive errors that lead to goals and cost them games.  I hate seeing Lucic and Horton playing like Manatees - though Lucic has been better lately and is, for what little it's worth, on pace for about 25 goals and 57 points.  That's a part of how I watch the games, I think, and it's not likely to change if Stanley proves to be a prophet.

The one thing last year did do, though, was shorten the down time after a loss - especially when there are more losses than wins over any particular stretch.  Last year, they seemed completely unphased by any kind of obstacle and any historical pattern - down 2-0 going on the road against MTL?  Meh.  So what.  Facing the team that performed the unthinkable come-back?  Meh.  So last year.  Gag away game 4 at Tampa?  Hey, an L is an L.  If you ask me, that's why they won last year - mentally and emotionally, they were tougher than any of their opponents.  That's where they probably do miss Recchi - to reinforce/remind.  I'm not sure you dump in an interchangeable part to fix that problem - just grab another short, scoring veteran winger doesn't work.

Sum total?  They wouldn't be this group of Bruins if they didn't have to climb out of a hole.  They'll be fine.  They ain't fine now, but for this group, that means nada, zilch zip.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : I agree Legion, and if there is one hockey conspiracy that I think actually has legs, it is the consistent home cooking the Habs get in the Bell Centre. BUT, Horton needs to check his ego.  Getting cross-checked without a call is part of the game.  It happens to everyone.  In a big game you've got to shake it off instead of settling the score.  His retaliation cross check on Gill was so obvious and so blatant that there was no chance at all of the ref missing it.  Horton is not above getting an occasional cheap shot his way, and if he's really focused on winning, he shakes it off and keeps his eye on the prize. Like I said, I can't believe that Subban is still able fool NHL refs into calling the retaliatory penalty over and over after his antics.  But that's life in the Bell Centre, and the Bruins need to check their ego and roll with the punches a little better.  The stick in the groin is so much more subtle than a right hand to the face -- it just gives the refs an opportunity to appease the home crowd and punish those big, bad, bullies that stole the Cup last year. In close games, I'd like to see the Bruins start to turn the other cheek.  In lopsided games I like to see someone destroy PK Subban.  Unfortunately, most games with Montreal are close.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

On the same page here.  You're right, I do get the impression that they have this self entitlement going on.  I said this to myself on more than one occasion watching the games. It's like " Do you know who I am ? " ...
    Horton was wrong,  he should take  a few extra steps and sink the shoulder into Gill not a lazy azz cross check.
    Subban,  the same thing,  last year the last 2 games in Boston they went after him physically .  Just hit him every chance you get.  He's the one that'll be in the box.  Besides as talented as he is, he gets intimidate pretty much.
    The refs know that Subban is making them look bad , even Cassie figured it out.
    Look at what happened to Burrows last season in the playoffs.
    Someone should remind Subban the story of the boy that called wolf.  Karma!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

The bruins winning the cup made all the lean years and heartbreak and disapointment worth it. I can now die in peace I got one in my lifetime. My only expectation this season is to get to the playoffs and see what happenens. I have to admit though for me through 10 games this has been the most depsressing bruins season of my life to this point. There were other years I didn't expect much so bad starts weren't that disapointing. This season coming off a cup I expected a slow start but I didn't expect the players to not look like they don't care and don't put much effort in. The powerplay OMG what powerplay? Claude still likes playing the 4th line with 3 mins left in a game and down a goal so I guess it shouldn't be surprising. The only thing I can't complain about so far this season is the goaltending has been good enough to win.

To answer the question just because we won last year hasn't taken away my passion for wanting the bruins to win. When that happens I will most likely be 6 feet under the ground.

If the bruins don't make the playoffs after winning a cup I would be embaressed.