Who is right? Me or NAS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Who is right? Me or NAS?

I for one am also in this weird zone where i don't feel panic. In previous years if the B's were 3-6, and had just lost to the Habs, i would be pizzed. But now its like , relax, the B's will get it together at some point and go on a 10 game run. They will make the playoffs and then the real work of defending their title will begin. I know it doesn't seem realistic but that is the weird zone i'm in. It's all been caused by the fantastic championship season. I still can't believe it. Bring on the Habs !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Panic? Come on. That's what a Hab and its posse do.
    Hopeful of a repeat but I know it may not happen.
    After the Cup all I expect is a decent season and not a losing percentage of .333. Anything on top is gravy.
    Sure things'll get better. I'm just not good at waiting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS?:
    [QUOTE]I'm starting to get nervous. I think this is a better team than last year. I think they are a bit snake bit. I think they have run into some hot goalies. My view of the future was that they would be cup contenders starting *this* year. Last year's cup was a total bonus. They deserved to win the game against the Habs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

My mindset as well.  So, a mailed in year is not what I had in mind.  There are only so many opportunities to win. You can't afford to waste one.  This window may only be a couple of years long, or it could be a decade long run if managed properly.   I'm definitely not in the free pass group.
    I was ok up until last nights game.  That made me a little mad and frustrated.  I could use a convincing win tomorrow. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

They seem to be up to their same old tricks...No PP and losing by a goal ...except so far we haven't put too many wins together....wish i could say i watched all of the games...but i rely on what i can get from here, the newspaper and tv highlites....right now, i'm more interested in seeing how the GM and coaches handle this situation...mostly PC though...how long will he let things go before he shakes things up, if they don't start to put W's on the board ?...and how NAS feels is how NAS feels, as long as he's a Bruin fan and everybody else here...now THAT's what counts !!!  Go Bruins Go !...please bring us a W over the Habs, so I don't have to have those Hab fans at me !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I went into this season with the exact same mindset as NAS. Even though I'm not happy with the early results so far this year, I'm still on a Stanley Cup high, so to speak. We'll see if I feel the same halfway through the season... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Neither NAS nor kelvana are "right". 

The reason I come here is to look at the issues from every angle possible and then form my own opinion - sometimes I share it, sometimes I don't.  Either way, nobody should care.  It's just an opinion that may or may not add to a conversation.

I will say, though, that gone are the days of feeling overly frustrated after a loss.  This definitely has everything to do with them winning last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

You are both right. This is a good team. Claude gives every impression of being more in charge for whatever reason [Neely?] Thursday's failures were frustrating to watch. A few more realignments could help, and, even Claude indicated, a few more changes may be required.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Any fan should be concerned about the Bruins lack of consistent effort right now.

Panic? No  Concerned? Yes

And that same concern is being voiced by PC, CN, and CJ.

Big game tonight....and I'm there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I should have went with a different title, especially after I started writing, nobody is wrong or right here. and it's hangnails response as to what i'm refering to. I'm shocked by the mindset of some people. I'm not talking about their slow start, it has nothing to do with it, I guess I'm just suprised of mentality of some of the biggest B's fans out there. I doubt it, but i wonder if the players share some of the same mentality.

Won a championship my freshman year in high school, and all I remember was wanting it more the next years and when we didnt win it I considered those 3 years failures.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I should have went with a different title, especially after I started writing, nobody is wrong or right here. and it's hangnails response as to what i'm refering to. I'm shocked by the mindset of some people. I'm not talking about their slow start, it has nothing to do with it, I guess I'm just suprised of mentality of some of the biggest B's fans out there. I doubt it, but i wonder if the players share some of the same mentality. Won a championship my freshman year in high school, and all I remember was wanting it more the next years and when we didnt win it I considered those 3 years failures.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, I read a Bergeron interview in which he said last year's win only made him want to win even more this year. I suspect most guys feel that way but it's much easier said than done. To answer your question, I really want to see another win this year but I don't feel like this team will owe me anything if they're unable to pull it off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I should have went with a different title, especially after I started writing, nobody is wrong or right here. and it's hangnails response as to what i'm refering to. I'm shocked by the mindset of some people. I'm not talking about their slow start, it has nothing to do with it, I guess I'm just suprised of mentality of some of the biggest B's fans out there. I doubt it, but i wonder if the players share some of the same mentality. Won a championship my freshman year in high school, and all I remember was wanting it more the next years and when we didnt win it I considered those 3 years failures.

You have the Caps vs Kings in the final.  Wonder if the Bruins players have the same prediction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : You have the Caps vs Kings in the final.  Wonder if the Bruins players have the same prediction.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

What does that have do with anything it other than the fact you suck at being sarcastic?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : What does that have do with anything it other than the fact you suck at being sarcastic?

I thought it was pretty good actually.  Don't get your panties in a bunch. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

NAS I have to agree with you on this one, my only hope is that they would at least make the playoffs so they can defend their Stanley cup championship.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Not to split hairs, but I separate my feelings about the record from my feelings about how that record is being achieved.

* For me, the purpose of watching the games, buying a jersey, posting on these boards, going to the Garden, etc is purely for entertainment and to have a wintertime hobby.

* Crappy play on the ice robs me of this: I don't feel like watching the games. I don't feel like wearing the colors if I don't feel proud of how they are currently playing.

* High ticket prices + lackluster effort don't make me want to drive to Boston and spend $500 on an evening out. The Pats, playing pond hockey, skiing, family, etc give me an alternative way to spend my time and money.

* I am not upset about the poor record, but I AM highly disappointed in the level of play so far. It's just not good hockey to watch.

* I would be ok with this record if they were playing to their potential and just not cutting it, or if the start of this season were more about younger guys finding their way. But it's not. It's basically the same team...and they are simply stinking up the joint. I disagree with running into hot goalies....the Canes, Avs and Habs all played better games and deserved to win.

So....until they put in better efforts, I'm cranky regardless of last year's win. What good does a Cup win do me during those specific hours tonight when they are on the ice? I will always be happy and proud about last year, but what motivates me to sit down and watch tonight is what will happen *in this game* and not because of good feelings from last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I know what you mean kel...I'll amend my position a bit and add that I am not happy with the losses so in that regard I agree with you.  But I'm not going to let the losses bother me as much as they used to - the Cup helped with that change in attitude.  However, if they tank this year, and again next year, then we are right back at square one - which is not good and totally unacceptable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

This season has started off like all of last season...Groundhog Day...same thing..same thing...same thing....They won the cup last year like this...so no need to get excited...like i stated in another post....i'm more interested right now in how PC and CJ handle this, than Iam with trading players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Neither NAS nor kelvana are "right".  The reason I come here is to look at the issues from every angle possible and then form my own opinion - sometimes I share it, sometimes I don't.  Either way, nobody should care.  It's just an opinion that may or may not add to a conversation. I will say, though, that gone are the days of feeling overly frustrated after a loss.  This definitely has everything to do with them winning last year.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Nobody does.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : LOL, dez.  I'm just trying my best NOT to blow my gasket this season :).   I'm not expecting a Cup (although I'd sure love another one), but I want to watch a good season of hockey from these guys.   That's all.... Make the playoffs at least.  Put the team and its fans in a position to defend the title.  That's honorable.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Agreed 100% ipot. As you know, I'm more forgiving than most fans but I'll be the 1st one calling for heads to roll if I truly believe they're in danger of missing the post-season. Maybe I'm being naive but missing the playoffs doesn't even cross my mind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : Agreed 100% ipot. As you know, I'm more forgiving than most fans but I'll be the 1st one calling for heads to roll if I truly believe they're in danger of missing the post-season. Maybe I'm being naive but missing the playoffs doesn't even cross my mind.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this.
    To expect another cup, would be crazy, but to miss the play-offs a year after winning it, would be inexcusable.
    Heck, Chicago's team was gutted last year, and they still managed to make it to the show (barely).
    My thinking this year is...
    NO CUP = OK
    LOSING IN THE PLAYOFFS TO ANYONE BUT MONTREAL OR TORONTO = OK
    MISSING THE PLAYOFFS = BIG CHANGES

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Kel, I hate to do it, and Im not going to say that one of you is "right" and the other is "wrong", but in this case I am personally completely going to agree with NAS.

I spent my whole life living and dying with each Red Sox failure.  I have to say that in 2004, at the age of 48, that World Series win literally changed my life.  They could have not won another game for 5 years an it wouldnt have hurt my feelings.  When they won in 2007, it was enjoyable, but it was just a normal case of a fan's team winning.  Zero emotional turmoil as in 1967-2004.

Same thing with the Bruins.  When I tape recorded the 2 Bruins' Cup wins in 1970 and 1972 as a little kid, little did I know Id wait 39 more tries before another.  I took a lot of abuse for my emotional reactions to Thomas in recent years, and most of it was my burning desire for the B's to win a Cup, and I didnt think he was The Guy.  Clearly, I was wrong.

I didnt think in a million years that 2011 B's team had a shot, especially after Game 2 in the playoffs.  After that team pulled off that flat-out-miracle... and that's exactly what it was... it changed EVERYTHING for me.  I am now happy... relaxed... and nothing can bother me.  Id like the Bs to win another, but if they do it wont be anthying remotely like it was before.  If they stink for the next 3 years, it just wont make me crazy any more.

In a funny confluence of events, I would have been suicidal after the Sox 2011 September  pre-2004, and a lot more upset even since... except that after the B's won the Cup, even a mind-boggling historic choke barely registered with me this year.  I wrote it off as "we used up all the Boston sports luck in June."

I get annoyed when they stink like they have this year, especially when they look like they did against the Habs, but its just not the same. It never will be.  Sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : LOL, dez.  I'm just trying my best NOT to blow my gasket this season :).   I'm not expecting a Cup (although I'd sure love another one), but I want to watch a good season of hockey from these guys.   That's all.... Make the playoffs at least.  Put the team and its fans in a position to defend the title.  That's honorable.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Could not have said it any better, ipot.  The championship has done a lot to reduce the angst I used to feel whenever I'd watch the club flounder around in the same manner they are right now.  I'd be a lot more p!ssed if I did not have the cushion of the Cup to ease the dissatisfaction of their brutal start.  I don't know about anyone else but presently I find myself using the aura of the championship to pacify my mind in a "Don't worry! They'll get better." stance. 

Yeah, it's a false sense of security as we know losing, like winning can be habitual.  I don't want the club to get into some kind of bad habit rut that is tough to climb out of.  These missed points may prove invaluable down the road.  I doubt any of us wants the Bruins to be a one and done club like the Canes, Ducks and TB were earlier but it'll be a tall order.  Just get in and go from there.  Who knows after that? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is right? Me or NAS? : Could not have said it any better, ipot.  The championship has done a lot to reduce the angst I used to feel whenever I'd watch the club flounder around in the same manner they are right now.  I'd be a lot more p!ssed if I did not have the cushion of the Cup to ease the dissatisfaction of their brutal start.  I don't know about anyone else but presently I find myself using the aura of the championship to pacify my mind in a "Don't worry! They'll get better." stance.  Yeah, it's a false sense of security as we know losing, like winning can be habitual.  I don't want the club to get into some kind of bad habit rut that is tough to climb out of.  These missed points may prove invaluable down the road.  I doubt any of us wants the Bruins to be a one and done club like the Canes, Ducks and TB were earlier but it'll be a tall order.  Just get in and go from there.  Who knows after that? 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    RHO, in years past I would've faced an onslaught of Habs fans rubbing in their latest victory. Well that didn't happen to me yesterday because none of them had the nerve to question the Bruins yet. After all, they are the Champs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

I'm thirsty for another Cup but after 39 years of waiting I don't need one right away (although it would be nice). The Bruins could lose every game this season and they will still be the Stanley Cup Champs until another team hoists the Cup over their heads. I'm not worried just yet, this team will come around.