Who is right?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Who is right?

POLL TIME!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Who is right?

i gotta go with my boy NOT....only b/c the term kills me.  its so true as well.  Imagine Stortini with a clown nose and make up...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

LOL @ Both always wrong!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

NAS I mean nothing personal by this I am just trying to have some fun. I certainly agree with you on some parts of your skating clown theory but I think you clump some guys in there that don't deserve to be in there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right?:
    NAS I mean nothing personal by this I am just trying to have some fun. I certainly agree with you on some parts of your skating clown theory but I think you clump some guys in there that don't deserve to be in there.
    Posted by callodthedom19

There are guys who are in the NHL to play hockey and can hold their own in a fight.  Then there are the Skating Clowns who are in the NHL to fight and can play a little hockey.

I see it this way:  If fighting were suddenly outlawed (which no one wants to see), who wouldn't have an NHL job?  People can yap all day and night about Thornton's eight goals (that one last night was sweeeeet), but if he couldn't bring his fists to the game, I think he'd be gone and Caron fills that roster spot.

Chara and Lucic would still have a job.  Campbell would also.  Ference, Stuart, even McQuaid would still be in the NHL.  I think Thornton would be jettisoned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And I take it totally in jest.  It's not like the two attack threads that Chowdakid started about me.  You know, the ones that were fully disproven and in shame, he ran away?

For the record:  I voted for...me!  Stanley pulls predictions out of his can!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Tough to argue the Thornton. I personally think he brings a lot more then just his fists. But, that is just me. It would certainly be a toss up and I could see it either way. I wouldn't call him a clown though because that is implied (to me at least) there is no respect. I think he is a very respectable guy. Stanley blows smoke but I highly enjoy his threads and love the fact he says he is right even though the score is wrong. Poor kid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

You may remember Stanley from such favorites as "Wheeler is the most under rated forward in the league and could be traded for Ovi" and "I'll take Marchand over Ovi" (I love his Black and Gold heart but come on...). I'll have to give my vote to Stanley in your poll. I would like to state however, that I can not talk bad about his sometimes blind optimism, as I think we've all been guilty of getting carried away at times. I mean after all, he is a fellow B's fan and we do get worked up at the slightest sign of success, as we all do given the teams past.. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Oh I love Stanley and think he is great but some of his stuff is like c'mon dude really?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Hahaha, yup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tough to argue the Thornton. I personally think he brings a lot more then just his fists. But, that is just me. It would certainly be a toss up and I could see it either way. I wouldn't call him a clown though because that is implied (to me at least) there is no respect. I think he is a very respectable guy. Stanley blows smoke but I highly enjoy his threads and love the fact he says he is right even though the score is wrong. Poor kid.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Georges Laraque used to go to children's birthday parties in Edmonton.  Total Skating Clown.  I don't care if they're really nice guys off the ice.  They often interrupt hockey games with fights that are 100% unrelated to the hockey game.  They are brought in to fight.  They set it up.  They talk about it.  They text each other about it.  They try to win, but (especially in the case of Thornton) they don't really want to hurt the other guy.  They wish each other good luck.  They give each other congrats and atta-a-boy pats at the end.

It has nothing to do with hockey.  It's so weak.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by callodthedom19

If there were no fighting in hockey, you're not sure if you'd prefer to have Thornton or Caron?  What would Thornton bring to the game of hockey that Caron wouldn't?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? : If there were no fighting in hockey, you're not sure if you'd prefer to have Thornton or Caron?  What would Thornton bring to the game of hockey that Caron wouldn't?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

1. Don't disagree at all at your previous post. 
    I haven't seen enough of Caron to be able to make a decision. From what I saw earlier this year he didn't look ready. That's all. That's why it would be a tough call for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow a thread for the two clowns on this forum.

Who wins a flight between Mr Shot and Stanley ?

and I predict ....

p.s. I thought I'de join the fun Sealed  just joking guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What's right is that this Bruins team does not need Thornton as a player. The guy obviously gives 129% of what he has, but that capability does not include hockey skills at the NHL level. He cannot skate well, he cannot reverse without losing speed and timing; Earlier I stated that I made better crossovers when I was 60 yrs. old because he just does not have the skill. He certainly has heart, and he bleeds Black and Gold, but just imagine the difference on the 4th line if Campbell had Wheeler and Paille on his wings. I know they both have trouble putting the puck in the net, but their speed and instincts would dramatically increase the opportunities and the results. Why Claude doesn't try it is beyond me. Thornton just gives the puck away, and his alley-oop passes to the opponents are no better than Boychuck ramming it around the boards for another icing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I love the comparison. The poll results are surprising . I thought they'd be more lopsided .........leaning towards the last choice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

nice to see you again chowdah. thought you were next to duinne in a shallow grave in the wooded area behind nas's house.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? : If there were no fighting in hockey, you're not sure if you'd prefer to have Thornton or Caron?  What would Thornton bring to the game of hockey that Caron wouldn't?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Caron. But I don't think Thornton is such a skating clown that if fighting were banned from the game he'd be out of the NHL. He'd find 4th line work on some team's roster although it would be a pretty weak team with little depth if they couldn't do better than Thornton.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

NAS wins by default... has stanley EVER been correct on an outcome-winner or score(he thinks so). but the major hole in the NAS argument is that thornton is the wrong example to use, he ACTUALLY has SOME skating and scoring touch...unlike those other pylons that ONLY step on the ice to fight(perros/laraque)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I love the comparison. The poll results are surprising . I thought they'd be more lopsided .........leaning towards the last choice.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I've been jonesing for OHL updates.What's the word?
    P.S. Glad you're alive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? : I've been jonesing for OHL updates.What's the word? P.S. Glad you're alive.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yup, still alive ! The content of this forum has kept me away despite the ideas of others why I haven't posted. I'm not interested in reading other's opinions based on hate.

OHL updates are useless on this board IMO. Not enough interest . It seemed I was the only one with any comments or questions. P.S. That's it I'm done for awhile. Having a guy stalk me creeps me out.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Who is right? : Yup, still alive ! The content of this forum has kept me away despite the ideas of others why I haven't posted. I'm not interested in reading other's opinions based on hate. OHL updates are useless on this board IMO. Not enough interest . It seemed I was the only one with any comments or questions. P.S. That's it I'm done for awhile. Having a guy stalk me creeps me out.  
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Good to have you around again regardless and secondly,we've all got a few stalkers don't we.It's obviously up to you but know that your insights have been missed by the majority of posters.Unfortunately,it's not possible for all of us to get along all of the time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Chowdah....I too miss the OHL updates. Even if I rarely commented on them, they are very much appreciated.
    Stalker? From this board? That's pathetic and whomever it is needs to get a life and maybe some therapy. :P

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

True Dat Chowdah. Most of us don't reply to the OHL thread because we'd be speaking from a viewpoint of the uninformed (I know, that doesn't stop most posters here from opening their pie holes ; )
    But the updates are interesting and informative.

As much as we all enjoy Stanley, it's NaS/Fighting Clowns by a wide margin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chowda stick around. Your OHL insights have been most welcome. As noted, lack of response is based on lack of knowledge not lack of interest.

Sections
Shortcuts