Who is the Real GM here!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Who is the Real GM here!!

What the hay. I haven't done this speculation stuff, but with the trade deadline coming. Le'ts see who is the Real Gm !

I say the Bruins trade for Penner and give up Stuart and draft pick. I say this only cause we could use Penner and the Bruins have a history of trading with the Oil.

Anybody else ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Who is the Real GM here!!

You can never have enough defenseman.

Let Penner stay in Edmonton or get traded to Philly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

stuke50-poor decision...should have left this one alone-just couldn't do it eh? do we really need another "here's how i see the trade going down..." thread? yawn...this trade can't happen soon enough

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Wheeler and a mid rd pick for Hemsky.

Stuart to Carolina for Joni Pitkanen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I have been saying that for the last 3 weeks ...Dustin Penner would be a great addition ...I would not give Stuart but a draft pick and a young prospect something like Hamill (he is from Western Canada) + our 1st round draft pick ...and even our 2nd rounder for Dustin Penner

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

stuart, draft pick and bbreigns' avatar for penner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In Response to Re: Who is the Real GM here!!:
    [QUOTE]stuke50-poor decision...should have left this one alone-just couldn't do it eh? do we really need another "here's how i see the trade going down..." thread? yawn...this trade can't happen soon enough
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Why in all lourdys rainy days would you stop by to place this post ? That post is even more stupider than mine then. Un-frekin-real !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

people havent b een paying attention.  See what Versteeg and Fisher netted their respective teams. 
    Hemsky and Penner likely cost a lot more. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Here are my thoughts. The B's need help in a couple areas, but if they are going to go anywhere in the playoffs they need to improve the PP. Everyone on the boards is looking for the blockbuster trade, I don't see that happening, but rather a couple of deals to address their needs.

Milan Hejduk - on pace for 66 points this season. Would provide help on the PP, brings in playoff experience and has won a cup. Is a UFA after the season, and has a cap friendly hit. Avalance are falling fast in the west and we have a trade history with them. Maybe a 2nd rd pick or Maybe Wheeler and a 3rd??

Joni Pitkanen or Joe Corvo - Both have produced on the PP, and both move the puck pretty well. Corvo is more of a liability in his own end, but if you pair him with Chara that could help. Both have playoff experience, Pitkanen is younger and has a higher cap hit than Corvo and is a UFA at the end of the season. Corvo has 1 year remaining on his deal. If Carolina thinks that they cant make a run the B's could try to get one of these guys. Maybe move Stuart and another piece?   

I don't see the B's bringing Stuart or Wheeler back next year, I think they both would be more appealing then say Ryder or Paille.  I don't like the idea of Kaberle, the leafs would want a ransom for him especially from the B's. And some of the other names out there for Dmen like Phillips, Brewer I don't think improve anything on the backend that the B's don't already have.

The forward names being tossed around like Penner and Richards. I like the idea of Richards and think he would be a great fit, but think the B's would have to pay up for a possible rental, plus Dallas has come out and said they aren't going to move him, a lot could change in 2 weeks. Penner I feel is like Ryder and Horton very streaky, and like Horton needs to be motivated to step up his play; Would he help sure, is he worth the potential cost, not convinced.

Other players that could help out, Cory Stillman, Jason Arnott, Doug Weight all older but cup winners and should come pretty cheap

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

moog,

I was actually thinking about Hejduk's name last night.  Like the idea.  Great hands and would give our PP a shot in the arm. Problem is our 2nd round pick is near the end of the 2nd round.  Might have to throw our 1st and 2nd at them.  Which then moves Horton to the 3rd line and Wheeler to the 4th. 

I don't see Carolina dealing off Dmen yet.  They are in the race and they have a solid fan base that wants playoff hockey.  They actually have a very fast team and when you have Staal and Ward anything can happen as we are well aware of.

Good options though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

In Response to Re: Who is the Real GM here!!:
    [QUOTE]moog, I was actually thinking about Hejduk's name last night.  Like the idea.  Great hands and would give our PP a shot in the arm. Problem is our 2nd round pick is near the end of the 2nd round.  Might have to throw our 1st and 2nd at them.  Which then moves Horton to the 3rd line and Wheeler to the 4th.  I don't see Carolina dealing off Dmen yet.  They are in the race and they have a solid fan base that wants playoff hockey.  They actually have a very fast team and when you have Staal and Ward anything can happen as we are well aware of. Good options though.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Hey Shupe,
     I only would see Carolina moving them if they think there out of it, but Carolina has been a good second half team the last couple years and will make the push. I dont see many other good options out there for D. I dont see what the love affair for Kaberle is, its almost like the love affair the sox had with Lugo. He is good but their are younger options out there for what that they will most likely have to give up.  Im hoping the canes start to go into a tailspin :)

Sections
Shortcuts