Who Kidnapped Claude Julien??!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who Kidnapped Claude Julien??!!!

Did i see the Bruins applying pressure in the offensive zone when they had a lead? Nice job, no sitting back waiting for the inevitable happen, I loved it!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Who Kidnapped Claude Julien??!!!

i'm really digging the pinching. seidenberg and mcquaid especially

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nice to bring this up and also the way he benched 2-3 players in game 7.
    Fans always seem to bring up his negative actions while when he displays positive actions they are never brough up.
    Kudos. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah i think we are all surprise to see that Julien decided to coach and be less conservative.  I don't know if it is the pressure of havign his job on the line but let's hope he keeps making those adjustements.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Don't get used to it....after all, we were playing with a 3 goal lead...not much to protect then.  Lest see how Julian plays with a 1 goal lead in the 3rd. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

In Response to Re: Who Kidnapped Claude Julien??!!!:
    Posted by thedauber1

Seindenberg is doing a great job of it.  The forwards are doing a good job covering for him as well and its really helping to keep pucks in and keep the pressure applied.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Who Kidnapped Claude Julien??!!!:
    Did i see the Bruins applying pressure in the offensive zone when they had a lead? Nice job, no sitting back waiting for the inevitable happen, I loved it!!!!!!
    Posted by kelvana33

I said the same thing!  I couldnt believe they were pressuring with a lead and asked what they did with Claude?  I told my wife lets score another goal or two and keep the refs out of the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Have to admit I was surprised to see the Bruins doing their version of the full-court press after getting ahead by a couple.  Talk about uncharacteristic of this club. 

We always brace ourselves for them to take their foot off the gas but for once they didn't abandon what got them their success in the first place.  We'll have to wait and see if this was a one-off situation or more to come from Julien.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

The Bruins match up so much better versus the Flyers than the Canadiens - that said, we need to keep the foot on the pedal.  Julien saw us through a very tough series in the first round - give him credit.  Game Two will tell a lot about how he'll coach this series and how the team will play - the Bruins have a chance to put a stranglehold on it on Monday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Love the bruins game today maybe claude has finaly learend from past failures of just sitting on leads. It almost cost them game 7 vs the habs and it did vs philly in game 7 of last year IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

The question is a good one, because the Bruins are not playing CJ's system especially near the end of games...be they ahead 3 goals or it is in OT.  What has happened to Claude?  Has he seen the light, or was it shown to him by someone higher up in the organization...think the initials CN.  Or, perhaps the players got sick of it and just took things into their own hands. 
    The bigger question is Lucic.  He has to be hurt, because he is only a shadow of the player he was during the regular season.  He isn't hitting and he is staying out of the fray.  Maybe it is time to let him sit out and heal and get Seguin a try.  he would fit in the run and gun we seem to be playing than a hurt Lucic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

The bigger question is Lucic.  He has to be hurt, because he is only a shadow of the player he was during the regular season.  He isn't hitting and he is staying out of the fray.  Maybe it is time to let him sit out and heal and get Seguin a try.  he would fit in the run and gun we seem to be playing than a hurt Lucic.
    Posted by daPope

I thought Lucic threw his weight around yesterday ten times more than versus Montreal and that was a great forearm shiver he gave out near the end which got him his misconduct.  Seguin will only be a target for a very dirty Flyers team, although that might lessen the chance of one of them taking out David Krejci.  A win on Monday will be huge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

there is alot more room out there than the mtl series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think Monday will be a whole different game. Flyers will adjust their game plan, CJ likely won't. I hope the Bruins don't let down. Keys to the series still not looking good for B's (Lucic and Kaberle doing little and special teams not very special.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If you're winning 7-3 and your "keys" aren't coming through, then they aren't really your keys.

The big thing here is "adjustment".  It's one thing to change a philosophy (hanging back and protecting a lead vs. pressuring even with the lead) and another to actually adjust to what the other team does.  For example - the pinches by Seidenberg and McQuaid WILL - and of this I am certain - lead to more attempts at stretch passes to catch them on pinches.  The Flyers used the stretch to great effect last year, and they will bring it on in waves if the D keep pinching.  Claude will have to adjust so the D keep up the pressure without giving up the easy cheese.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Prev to game, key was supposed to be Bouch vs TT.

Luc played a strong game, no points but was key to 2 goals. Kab is still missing.

The players must be given a little more leeway in certain situations, past couple of games it has been Feren and Boy doing pinching, last game Seid and McQ did more of it with Z not far behind.  If the fillies are hemmed in with all 5, there is noone to give the stretch too, so with a heads up and awareness there can be more sideboard loose puck pinching, also depends on free forward cycling back.

Boyc played a slow game, needs to move puck crisper and better atn times.

PP still at 0/5.

4th line continued to struggle early tho was better later, but still seen a play after a timeout that was just totally unnecessary.

As a whole I was shocked and holding my breath with lead, but clod kept to the same game pretty much the whole game, hopefully this continues.

Sit Thorn and play Seg.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't see a big difference in the Bruin's coaching.  They have run up big scores when leading many times.  The perception that the Bruins sit back with leads stems from fan frustration watching an opponent down in the third go all-out, but it has nothing to do with Boston's system.  Every fan feels that panic when protecting a lead, no matter who they cheer for.  But CJ continues to provide excellent coaching for the Bruins, he's given them an edge in both series so far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Posted by thedauber1

Me too, they're bottling up the flyers and taking time off the clock.  Bruins owned the area behind the net too. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Sorry, but this team all year has abandoned any offense in third periods with leads, going into a full trap and taking very few shots.  The worst thing is, they coughed up the lead too often anyway, especially for a team thats supposed to be so defensive-minded.
    Yesterdays 2 man forecheck and offensive zone hustle was a contrast, and it showed up on the scoreboard. Is was important in controlling play and keeping the refs out of the game.  I love the D pinching, thank you, these are the things I wanted from a new coach.
    I agree that the big key here is how Philly adjusts in Game 2, because they are a much better team than that, and Boucher is not that bad.
    I think replacing Thornton with Seguin against a physical team like Philly is suicide.  I do believe Lucic is hurt; this isnt a slump. 
    The Flyers are a better team on paper, but the B's simply match up well against them, completely the opposite as with Montreal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

soxfan: i don't agree with you too often but, i have to agree with you on the thornton/seguin situation.  i usually prefer seguin over thornton however, putting seguin in against the flyers would not be good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Julien has actually been pretty solid since game 4 of the Montreal series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude is still Claude, and could turn out to be the biggest problem the Bruins have in this series because flexibility is not one of his strong points. I agree with those who feel that Philly would maul Seguin. They are trying to do it to Kelly and Campbell, but not with any real success as yet. Line for line the Bruins are a tough team, and with the exception of Kaberle, they are tough on defense. i 'm really peeved at Fluto who should stop giving the Flyers "quotes" that will stir them up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

While it may seem to you that the Bruins abandoned offence in the third and gave up leads, statistics indicate that you are incorrect.  The Bruins were among the very best teams with 3rd period leads, and were the highest scoring 3rd period team in the league.  The human memory is linked to adrenaline, and adrenaline is linked to anger or panic.  Therefore, you remember the times you were angry or afraid the Bruins would lose more strongly than the times the Bruins continued to attack and score and you were relaxed.  Either that or you didn't watch the games.  But regardless, the stats indicate that the Bruins did not do what you say, and the Bruins have not changed their fundamental strategies.

Sorry, but this team all year has abandoned any offense in third periods with leads, going into a full trap and taking very few shots.  The worst thing is, they coughed up the lead too often anyway, especially for a team thats supposed to be so defensive-minded. Yesterdays 2 man forecheck and offensive zone hustle was a contrast, and it showed up on the scoreboard. Is was important in controlling play and keeping the refs out of the game.  I love the D pinching, thank you, these are the things I wanted from a new coach. I agree that the big key here is how Philly adjusts in Game 2, because they are a much better team than that, and Boucher is not that bad. I think replacing Thornton with Seguin against a physical team like Philly is suicide.  I do believe Lucic is hurt; this isnt a slump.  The Flyers are a better team on paper, but the B's simply match up well against them, completely the opposite as with Montreal.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Sections
Shortcuts