who needs to go when stu returns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: who needs to go when stu returns

Stuart needs to go....The D is fine....Kampfer is better than Stuart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

McQuaid sits when Stuart comes back.  I might push Boychuk with McQuaid as he has not been anything special of late.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

two should sit as Stuart and a real top 4 dman need to be added to this core in hopes of a serious run.  Mcquaid, Ference, Kampfer and on some nights Seids and Boychuck all look like 5,6 or 7 guys (press box).   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns:
    two should sit as Stuart and a real top 4 dman need to be added to this core in hopes of a serious run.  Mcquaid, Ference, Kampfer and on some nights Seids and Boychuck all look like 5,6 or 7 guys (press box).   
    Posted by misterpaulo

Siedes and kamp have been very consistent together. I would keep
    Chara
    Siedes
    kampfer
    Stuey
    Ference

Add bieska make McQuaid the 7th D... Boychuck even though I loved him last year just has been meh so far this year. He seems slower than he was last year or something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I hope that Stuart comes back and plays like the Stuart we have seen in the past.  He hasn't looked the same to me since he returned from his hand infection last season.  The way he has played this season has not been much better than Boychuk or McQuaid IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

you keep 7 d. you let the play of mcquaid and boychuck decide who plays and who watches the game. right now i'd probably sit boychuck. it might light a fire under his azz so we can see the boychuck that showed up for last years playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Stuart needs to go....The D is fine....Kampfer is better than Stuart.
    Posted by bgrif008

On the PP perhaps but he's not as good as Stuart overall.He's not much better than hunwick actually.The only reason he's replaced Hunwick is money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

I don't know where I would necessarily rank the individual Bruins defensemen, but two things are clear to me:  1) the Bruins defense is not good at moving the puck via breakouts and 2) The Bruins defense is excellent at closing lanes and blocking shots.  I would say that the Bruins would be smart to try to include Stuart or Boychuk in a package to bring back a Top 4 with offensive skills... Not a specific knock on either of those guys... I just think they bring similar things to the table (Boychuk also has a shot).  If the Bruins could get someone to bite on Ference, his value is as high as it could be right now...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Trade Ference and Savard and a pick for Kaberle/Shea Weber and Bieksa, demote McQuaid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Speaking of this, anyone know what the latest word on Stuart is?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

fordprefect, I highly doubt Nashville will even entertain a trade for Shea Weber...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Trade Ference and Savard and a pick for Kaberle/Shea Weber and Bieksa, demote McQuaid.
    Posted by fordprefect

lol.... Wheeler-Bieska or Ference/2nd rd pick for bieska is as much as id throw in. Kaberle no freaking thanks hes having a bad year.Shea weber might as well try and trade for Doughty or E.Johnsson or somethign.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Posted by fordprefect

stop with the kaberle talk. the guy is a loser. he's been with the leafs his whole life, he's an offensive dman with one goal, and his stick's too short. whoever heard of playing hockey with a 3 foot long stick. this ain't fieldhockey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Posted by fordprefect

Ference and a 2nd rounder for drew doughty

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    I agree 100% made a similar comment when everyone was getting excited about him.. Hunwick was actually better at the same point in his career, had put up more points, and looked less out of place..
    People love kampfer, but he looks like a young dman out there, he makes mistakes.. Stuart is top 4 on this team, and was the meanest guy out there till the injury.  I will be excited to get him back.. And then you go with 7 D make boychuk, mcquaid and kampfer battle, also give julien some room to adjust the roster as needed based on who we play.. Small quick teams lets go with the better skaters, bigger more physical teams, lets go with the more physical guys.. etc..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dauber? is that serious? Ference and 2 first rounders might get that deal done.. but i doubt it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez, I agree 100% made a similar comment when everyone was getting excited about him.. Hunwick was actually better at the same point in his career, had put up more points, and looked less out of place.. People love kampfer, but he looks like a young dman out there, he makes mistakes.. Stuart is top 4 on this team, and was the meanest guy out there till the injury.  I will be excited to get him back.. And then you go with 7 D make boychuk, mcquaid and kampfer battle, also give julien some room to adjust the roster as needed based on who we play.. Small quick teams lets go with the better skaters, bigger more physical teams, lets go with the more physical guys.. etc..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Stuart adds solid defence along with a snarl.Vicious open-ice hitter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Matty,
    we got a better shot at johnson then doughty..

20 pts + 13

15 points -8...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Boychuck, he's been a turnover machine lately

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Boychuk could use some nights off to watch a few not a bad idea. One thing I'm certain of Kampfer should be sent back down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Boys-- This is a nice problem to have!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Boychuk could use some nights off to watch a few not a bad idea. One thing I'm certain of Kampfer should be sent back down.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

sandog , why do you feel certain that Kampfer should be sent down ? Because of the cap ? Or he is the worst of all defenceman ? Or you don't like his play ? Or other reasons ? Just curious, because I like his play and feel that the Bruins need more ( not less ) of that type of defenceman who can jump into the offence and create odd man rushes like he did against Buffalo. They don't have enough defenceman who have this type of skill set ( good wheels ).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And speak of the devil ! Good piece on Kampfer in today's globe .

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2011/01/05/bruins_find_a_moving_piece/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Chowdah,
    I agree with sandog on kampfer .. I think he is the guy to get sent back down.. Simply because he is making mistakes you arent seeing from the other guys, the kind of mistakes you work out..

There not "hes slow" mistakes, they arent lack of talent.. They are simple mental mistakes.. And this isn't a rip on his play.. But most fans have overlooked all the mis cues because thomas has bailed him out, and they havent cost the team..Defensively he has been the worst of our defensemen..   He needs to continu to develop, hopefully he turns out to be more then Hunwick did..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Chowdah, I agree with sandog on kampfer .. I think he is the guy to get sent back down.. Simply because he is making mistakes you arent seeing from the other guys, the kind of mistakes you work out.. There not "hes slow" mistakes, they arent lack of talent.. They are simple mental mistakes.. And this isn't a rip on his play.. But most fans have overlooked all the mis cues because thomas has bailed him out, and they havent cost the team..Defensively he has been the worst of our defensemen..   He needs to continu to develop, hopefully he turns out to be more then Hunwick did..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

roler, fair enough with your comments on needing more work on the defensive side . Agreed and I never made any reference at all to suggest he didn't ! But my point is there is the whole ice to play . Some of the other defenceman give the B's very little on the offensive side. They hurt the team's ability to generate more offence because of their ineffective offensive skills. The B's have too many of that same type of defencemen. Kampfer brings skills that nobody on the back end has. That is my point .

If he gets sent down I'll understand. He is not at the level he should be at in his own end .............but I'll be disappointed because of his potential ability to help create offence. And we all know how this team and it's fans want a little more of that from the players on the ice.

Who knows maybe that void can be filled through a trade . IMO I feel that is the most important hole that has to be filled more then any other position on the team.

Sections
Shortcuts