who needs to go when stu returns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: who needs to go when stu returns

In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns:
    [QUOTE]Dez, I agree with Beez..I think that is the deal it would take, Doughty is hands down the best young dman, there is no way around that, 21, 22 and will only get better.. I would assume building a franchise around he might be the number 3,4th player most gms would take at this point.. Seguin has shown flashes.. but a great quote that came out at the end of last season was "imaging getting 50 goals from stamkos, and knowing you got the 2nd best player available in the draft".. norris candidate in his second season, only getting better..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    I actually think Doughty has taken a step back this season plus he needs to be re-signed to a very rich deal at seasons end so that also has to be taken into account.There's no way I would trade more than Seguin and another lotto pick(already sounds like too much to me under the circumstances).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns : There's no way it would take seguin AND the Leafs #1  for starters.That would already be too much to give.LA won't be moving him so the point is moot.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    With all due respect to all the good young D in the league....Doughty is in my opinion at the top. If you need proof of that...try watching every game Canada played at the Olympics last year....most games he was the best player on the ice. La is not moving him....a previous post on here said Chia should try to go after DD. Guaranteed , Lombardi would want Seguin in that deal.....The Kings are loaded with great young D...and anything can happen.....I doubt they trade a player like though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns : Damn I wasn't even drinking when I wrote that maybe I should have been . I meant to scribe Kampfer should not be sent down IMO.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I guess roler doesn't agree with you anymore then. LOL

Either way it made for a good discussion !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Chowd,
    I guess not, but it doesn't change my stance, I think kampfer should stay up if there is cap room.. But I think he has the most mistakes to correct.. (Well mentally correctable mistakes) etc.. which makes him the player who makes the most sense to send down if we dont have the room..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Why would the Kings Trade Doughty--- whoever keeps bringing this up--- STOP-- they are not trading him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

What Rolerhokey says....

But I think overall McQuaid needs more respect here, keeping in mind Thorny's recent comments about playing w/ passion and grit nite in, nite out.....  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns : I guess roler doesn't agree with you anymore then. LOL Either way it made for a good discussion !Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter cuase on some days if I say the sky is blue Roler will find a way to say the sky is red.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

cant we just have A "TODAY'S TRADE IDEAS" thread?every other one goes there anyways.

be thankful we have more than 2 decent d men.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns : Doesn't matter cuase on some days if I say the sky is blue Roler will find a way to say the sky is red.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Sealed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I would trade Seguin for Doughty straight up in a heartbeat. Nothing against Seguin, I am very happy he's a Bruin, but Doughty is a very special player and absolutely the real deal.

Wouldn't be surprised if in a few years people are debating Stamkos vs. Doughty, where there's a positional-need element to the debate, more than Taylor vs. Tyler. Obviously Stamkos is the better player right now and will always have the advantage of the sexier stats, but Doughty has already shown that he is clutch and can play a tougher position with less help at the same age.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Why all the luv for Stuart? He's a hard hitting stay-home defenseman who will likely never be more than a #5 or 6. Kampfer's speed and mobility is desperately needed on the backline and McQuaid plays si,i;ar game as Stu with fewer mistakes and a better shot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]ILH, even then i think your handing kampfer more then he deserves, both mquaid and boychuk are more established pros..  Though that doesnt allow for much, but they are both better defensively at this point, they are both much more physical.. And in my opinion are less mistake prone.. The goaltending has started to cool off if kampfer continues to make the mistakes he has they could become really costly. He has earned the right to be able to battle for the 6th man on the ice, but he certainly hasnt been hands down better then other guys that I would hand him the number 5 or whatever and say hey your in the line up..
    I don't want the same 6 dmen on the B's Kampfer needs to stay. He hasn't made nearly the glaring mistakes you are saying he has. Stuart hasn't played all that well this year (other than a couple big hits). I try to keep all men up while trying to trade Stu (hasn't played well when considering he is in a contract year). Kampfer needs time in the pros if he is going to get better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Even if Kampfer does make some rookie mistakes he's the only guy on D who can actually rush the puck and join the offense and is clearly the best skater of the group. He's got to stay if only b/c he keeps the group from being an entirely "stay at home" D corps, which you won't get anywhere in the playoffs with.

PC needs to at least test the waters on what the B's could get for either Stuart or Boychuk (both players i LIKE, btw....) + the Tor. draft pick....if a GM agrees on sending back a mobile/scoring threat D-man in return or a high scoring winger, I say do it. I don't like the idea of letting either Stu or Boychuk go, but you have to give up something in order to get something, and the Bruins do have those two major holes to fill.

Having a second offensive-minded Dman to go w/Kampfer would make the Bruins a lot more formidable come playoff time, or having another go-to winger should Looch and Horton go into witness protection again, also would vastly improve the team and would be worth the loss of Stu or Boychuk--or at least worth taking the chance. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Even if Kampfer does make some rookie mistakes he's the only guy on D who can actually rush the puck and join the offense and is clearly the best skater of the group. He's got to stay if only b/c he keeps the group from being an entirely "stay at home" D corps, which you won't get anywhere in the playoffs with. PC needs to at least test the waters on what the B's could get for either Stuart or Boychuk (both players i LIKE, btw....) + the Tor. draft pick....if a GM agrees on sending back a mobile/scoring threat D-man in return or a high scoring winger, I say do it. I don't like the idea of letting either Stu or Boychuk go, but you have to give up something in order to get something, and the Bruins do have those two major holes to fill. Having a second offensive-minded Dman to go w/Kampfer would make the Bruins a lot more formidable come playoff time, or having another go-to winger should Looch and Horton go into witness protection again, also would vastly improve the team and would be worth the loss of Stu or Boychuk--or at least worth taking the chance. 
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

How does everything you said differ from everything that could, and can still be said about hunwick?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Call..

Kampfers errors can be worked in on providence just as easy as in the pros..

I think fans are greatly underestimating stuart on this board, him and mcquaid may play similar games, but stuart is better.. on this team stuart is anywhere from our #2-4 D man.. Just like I think most fans greatly over estimated seidenberg at the end of last season.. Stuart does not show up on the stat sheet a ton, but he is a better player then Boychuk, kampfer mcquaid with out question, and he is as good as seidenberg and ference, while being a stronger player and a better hitter then either.  He is also the only guy on the back end, and probably the team that has a real mean streak in him.

I haven't said Kampfer has to be sent down, there is room for him on the roster (stuart is not on LTIR correct?) So that means we are carrying both salaries against the cap currently.. but kampfer boychuk and mcquaid are the 3 who need to be fighting for the last 2 spots.. The Defense is better with stuart in it.. Everyone is falling in love with kampfer, but no one is talking about the fact that the team has given up nearly a goal per game more over the last month then at the begining of the season.

Most of the same fans who are clamoring for Kampfer were probably saying stuart was expenable when hunwick played well, much the same as we should have traded stuart last season cause "boychuk was better, with more offensive upside"...

At some point some of you will start to get that a good season, good half season doesn't make a career...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Roller I still think you over-criticize Kampfer and for some reason dont criticize the other guys equally. I mean I could list off all the turnovers chara has had it might be about the same as kampfer recently. Kampfer brings a good skating game and plenty of teams get by with having one pure offensive defenseman and play them less minutes and play the top 4 more minutes. Dman like Chara and Siedes can play 25+ mins a game.

Also the increas in GAA isnt because of Kampfer its clearly because Thomas has cooled off and his 5hole became really weak again.

Id like to see Boychuck sit a few games when Stuey comes back but it will be one of kamp/mcquaid knowing this team. I just hope its McQuaid over Kamp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

ILH,
    I haven't been overly critical of kampfer at all. I have been realistic, I didnt see he wasnt nhl ready, I didnt say he shouldnt say up.. I said he is not as good as stuart and is defensively not as good as Mcquaid..  He makes mistakes which are typical mistakes of a kid rushing things..  If they sent him to providence to work on that I would be fine.  I has said I think they should keep him up and him boychuk and mcquaid should battle those last 2 spots..  I think anyone thinking he is ready to replace stuart though doesn't understand that game..Those are similar to the idea that you win by scoring goals (you don't you win by scoring more then your opponent)..

I would also argue thomas play hasn't cooled off over the past month, it did over the past week, but I was at the Washington game about 3 weeks ago, he was amazing, his play hasnt been cold for a month plus..

I remember all these similar post last year with boychuk about packaging stuart up because boychuk played a similar game witha better offense..

The fact is "what makes stuart special" or whatever nifty asked, is nothing.. He's solid, he does things right and is fundamental, at the same time I can't think of a single instance (and i did not get to watch about the first 10 games of the season) but I can not think of an instance were I found myself going "ugh stuart..."  He makes the plays he is supposed to he finishes checks and rarely gets beat, any offense from him is a bonus.. He also shows up to play most nights and actually plays hard, thats not something that can be said about most guys on this team. 

Kampfer can make mistakes he is a young player, he should but the idea that we should keep him in the line up and the rest of the team can cover them?? really, cause were saying the same thing about seguin, and were going to start playing rask more to build his confidence.. etc etc.. at what point are we just going to play the best players and win games?

Kampfer at his best this season, has been no better then Matt Hunwick was in his first season, and though he is a better skater has he been any better then boychuk was last season?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns : How does everything you said differ from everything that could, and can still be said about hunwick?

The drop off of Hunwick's play--especially in his own end of the ice, where he was continually bumped off the puck--from his rookie year to last year was un-mistakable.

Maybe Kampfer will have the same problem in his sophomore season but it is NOT accurate to say Hunwick and Kampfer are essentially the same player. I also think Kampfer has more upside than we've even seen yet, given that he's only appeared in some 14 games...his confidence continues to grow and he seems to understand when to join the rush and, because he's speedy in his own end of the rink as well, he;s gettng back to pucks quicker and helping the transition game. Hunwick, for whatever reason this year, was getting caught in his own end and trapped by aggressively forechecking teams.

Just b/c the two have similar styles does not mean they are the same player--and you're still not addressing the larger issue--the fact that the Boston D-corps--with the exception of Kampfer right now, which is why he should stay-- is too slow, too stay-at-home, and too prone to getting pinned in their own end. That will kill a team come playoff time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Roller I just realized that we arent  even really arguing about anything...

Its just I Probably go

Stu-kamp-Mcquaid-Boychuck in order of performance and you have Kampfer back further.

I propose a motion to not talk about this again until after tonights game though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

TRY to bear,
    I am not saying he is hunwick, just the idea of trading stuart is a bit premature, i mean hunwick put up 25 points in 50 games, thats a better score then kampfer is at this point, and he played well.
    I think a lot of guys get there first shot and ride high and play better because of that euphoria, some guys, the opposite, and nerves get to them..

But calls to keep kampfer, and trade stuart crazy if you ask me, Stuart is a 2-4 on this team, not a 5-6, the defensive core is stronger with him.. I said the whole time I think you keep them all and you cycle mcquaid boychuk and kampfer throug based on who is playing well, and who we are playing..

I think I am right that stuart isnt on LTIR which means there is no need to move anyone when he gets back.. And I like kampfers game, but I am not going to ignore the holes and trade a solid established vet for a guy who were still not sure what we are going to get (thus the hunwick comparisons)

I think hunwick is going to be fine long term as well.. but he wasnt doing it here, and how would we feel if we traded stuart away prior to last season so we could give hunwick a roster spot.. etc...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

ILH..
    I think my defensive depth chart is more like..

Chara

Seids-ference-stu (all a similar level,  completely different games)

Boy-Mcquaid-kampfer (again, completely different games) but this is who i have competing for the last 2 spots, in no particular order.. And if i was really pressed to eliminate a guy, its probably boychuk for me..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]TRY to bear, I am not saying he is hunwick, just the idea of trading stuart is a bit premature, i mean hunwick put up 25 points in 50 games, thats a better score then kampfer is at this point, and he played well. I think a lot of guys get there first shot and ride high and play better because of that euphoria, some guys, the opposite, and nerves get to them.. But calls to keep kampfer, and trade stuart crazy if you ask me, Stuart is a 2-4 on this team, not a 5-6, the defensive core is stronger with him.. I said the whole time I think you keep them all and you cycle mcquaid boychuk and kampfer throug based on who is playing well, and who we are playing.. I think I am right that stuart isnt on LTIR which means there is no need to move anyone when he gets back.. And I like kampfers game, but I am not going to ignore the holes and trade a solid established vet for a guy who were still not sure what we are going to get (thus the hunwick comparisons) I think hunwick is going to be fine long term as well.. but he wasnt doing it here, and how would we feel if we traded stuart away prior to last season so we could give hunwick a roster spot.. etc...

roler-

Please understand that I don't WANT to trade Stuart. I think as you say he IS a 2-4 D-man and I love the way he plays a physical, hard hitting game. What I'm talking about is addressing NEEDS that I believe the bruins have going into the post season, and what I say is a D corps heavy w/hard hitting stay at home guys  (Boychuk, stuart, McQuaid, Chara--altho' he can put in goals on the PP), and a lack of speed and offensive capability from behind the blue line. (I've been under-whelmed by Seidenberg this year, who I thought would provide much better transition game and offense)...so my point is that Stu or Boychuk should at least be considered for trade IF and ONLY IF a very high impact player could come back to the B's.

If PC gets a lot of offers for similar D-men, or journeymen wingers who have the "potential" for offense, then tell'em to take a hike and stick w/the guys we've got.....but I think PC is bound by his role as GM to at least explore ways to fill holes this team has, and they do have some.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenja1. Show greenja1's posts

You can't demote McQuaid. Someone will pick him off waivers. He's a big, physical D man (he can't skate and skilled forwards make him look foolish, but that's a lot of D men in this league). Look, The CAP is the problem. This team has no money left. Kampfer is very cheap and can SKATE. Yes, he makes mistakes, but give him some time before you demote him. Puck moving D men don't grow on trees and they are not cheap. Come on. Stuey won't give you much offence, he's a pure Defensive defenseman and Boychuck seems afraid of penalties, Siedenburg, Chara, Ference: you know what they are. Only Chara seems to get into the offence without committing sins, and then only occassionally. Siedenburg shoots from long range only. Ference is the expensive one for what you get from him, IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Boychuck/McQuaid/ Stuey packaged for someone better, but COST is the problem here - maybe they make a move at the deadline, but it'll cost picks plus someone who is already giving you dependable play and maybe more. Someone MATERIALLY better won't be cheap and must be the kind of skating, offensive D man teams are LOATHE to give up. Kampfer is the easiest, cheapest solution to this problem. You'll live with his mistakes because you have good goalies and no money. Do you really want to give up some good prospects and picks for a modestly better Kampfer or non-skating goon? Unless someone mistakes Ference for a puck moving D man, we're stuck where we are - btw, Boston has only allowed 80 goals this year. The Defense is doing its job for the most part. They can afford Kampfer's mistakes... for now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

try to bear it..
    I wasnt saying you were, just was explaining my point further and frustration with some bruins fans.. thats all

Greenja, mcquaid will not have to clear waivers to be sent down or recalled this season. (to my knowledge someone correct me if i am wrong)

Sections
Shortcuts