who needs to go when stu returns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: who needs to go when stu returns

In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns : The drop off of Hunwick's play--especially in his own end of the ice, where he was continually bumped off the puck--from his rookie year to last year was un-mistakable. Maybe Kampfer will have the same problem in his sophomore season but it is NOT accurate to say Hunwick and Kampfer are essentially the same player. I also think Kampfer has more upside than we've even seen yet, given that he's only appeared in some 14 games...his confidence continues to grow and he seems to understand when to join the rush and, because he's speedy in his own end of the rink as well, he;s gettng back to pucks quicker and helping the transition game. Hunwick, for whatever reason this year, was getting caught in his own end and trapped by aggressively forechecking teams. Just b/c the two have similar styles does not mean they are the same player--and you're still not addressing the larger issue--the fact that the Boston D-corps--with the exception of Kampfer right now, which is why he should stay-- is too slow, too stay-at-home, and too prone to getting pinned in their own end. That will kill a team come playoff time.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    I don't see any drastic improvement from Hunwick to Kampfer.The only difference betwen the 2 players is that Kampfer hasn't been run out of town yet.Regardless,Kampfer is the only D that  can be sent down without having to clear waivers(I think)so it's likely he's the one to move from the lineup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez is that right? I know mcquaid is on a 2 way deal this season, does he have the service years?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenja1. Show greenja1's posts

If McQuaid doesn't have to clear waivers than send him down and see how the team plays with a skating D man. Remember everyone, the difference between a good pucking moving defenseman and a Hunwick (very good skater) is that the good D man doesn't get rattled. When you're deep in your own end with 6'2" forwards bearing down on you, its easy to panic and make a quick pass that winds up in your own net. That was Hunwick. The kid seemed to forget he could skate. Look up Kampfer's bio: he has no reputation of getting rattled. He is known to have good hockey sense and is said to be a confident leader - he was in college, he was in Providence. With few exceptions, he keeps his cool and uses his skating ability to get out of trouble and start the rush. Hunwick's problem is that he doesn't enter a foot race often enough. For 6 strides he'll beat most forwards and start the play, but he fell into making bad passes and trying to outmuscle guys 30 pounds heavier. Every other D man we have has no choice but to use his SIZE. But they don't start the play as well and they don't join the rush (we all hoped Seids and Ference would, but they don't). You must admit Kampfer can legitimately cause 3-4 Bruins to move through the neutral zone with speed. The B's MUST HAVE THAT come playoff time or we will be spending too much time in our own end hoping for a breakout to "happen". How many times have you seen 2-3 Bruins playing dump and chase against 4, 5 opposing team players? To carry the play you must have a Kampfer-esque guy somewhere on your team - if not Kampfer, than I'm all ears...

...and no, we're not trading our 18 year old with speed, hands, shot, and huge upside for a 5-6 mill D-man we can't afford past the playoffs. Neely would throw PC over the luxury box rails.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]If McQuaid doesn't have to clear waivers than send him down and see how the team plays with a skating D man. Remember everyone, the difference between a good pucking moving defenseman and a Hunwick (very good skater) is that the good D man doesn't get rattled. When you're deep in your own end with 6'2" forwards bearing down on you, its easy to panic and make a quick pass that winds up in your own net. That was Hunwick. The kid seemed to forget he could skate. Look up Kampfer's bio: he has no reputation of getting rattled. He is known to have good hockey sense and is said to be a confident leader - he was in college, he was in Providence. With few exceptions, he keeps his cool and uses his skating ability to get out of trouble and start the rush. Hunwick's problem is that he doesn't enter a foot race often enough. For 6 strides he'll beat most forwards and start the play, but he fell into making bad passes and trying to outmuscle guys 30 pounds heavier. Every other D man we have has no choice but to use his SIZE. But they don't start the play as well and they don't join the rush (we all hoped Seids and Ference would, but they don't). You must admit Kampfer can legitimately cause 3-4 Bruins to move through the neutral zone with speed. The B's MUST HAVE THAT come playoff time or we will be spending too much time in our own end hoping for a breakout to "happen". How many times have you seen 2-3 Bruins playing dump and chase against 4, 5 opposing team players? To carry the play you must have a Kampfer-esque guy somewhere on your team - if not Kampfer, than I'm all ears... ...and no, we're not trading our 18 year old with speed, hands, shot, and huge upside for a 5-6 mill D-man we can't afford past the playoffs. Neely would throw PC over the luxury box rails.
    Posted by greenja1[/QUOTE]

For a guy with only  a handful of posts, you're making an awful lot of sense to me, greenja.

These are my thoughts on Kampfer and the Bruins' shortcomings on defense exactly. Hope to hear more from you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez is that right? I know mcquaid is on a 2 way deal this season, does he have the service years?
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    I read Mcquaid was finally given a 1 way

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who needs to go when stu returns : I read Mcquaid was finally given a 1 way
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    McQuaid's contract is two-way this year, one-way next: http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=243
    That doesn't factor into waivers, though.  Age, number of years played, number of NHL games played, stuff like that is all that matters.  It's a pain to work out, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Wait what?

I thought a 2way contract meant that a player can be recalled/demoted w/o waivers. Am I incorrect????? (Stupid NHL11 GM mode lying to me?)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think that the information here is correct:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dr,
    I believe that is correct, meaning Mcquaid does not have the service which was my point.. The 2 way deal means he gets a different amount of money when he gets shipped down..

Greenja..  Your talking about stuff people noticed in hunwicks 2-3rd year as a pro, he was excellent as a rookie, played physical and posted more points offensively..

hunwick and kampfer have an almost identical prospect report, hunwick with a higher upside..

Hunwick- CCHA first team, CCHA dmen of the year, team captain

Talent Analysis

First and foremost, Hunwick is a responsible player in his own zone. He is strong in his defensive positioning and decisive in reading his coverage as evidenced by his team leading +14 rating. He is an asset carrying the puck up the ice and is an integral part of Michigan’s transition game. On the power play, Hunwick moves the puck quickly and makes hard, sharp passes. His shot from the point is average at best.

Kampfer

Talent Analysis

Kampfer is a sturdy, mobile defenseman who can also play at the forward position. A standout quality about Kampfer is that his lack of size doesn't hinder his effectiveness to play his position. One reason is his skating ability. Kampfer has good speed, fluidness in his stride and can skate with many collegiate forwards. He also brings some intensity to his game and is not one to shy away from delivering hard checks. He possesses great poise with the puck and has a strong shot with a quick release. As Kampfer and his game continue to grow and mature, he has the potential to blossom into a rock-solid two-way player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dr, I believe that is correct, meaning Mcquaid does not have the service which was my point.. The 2 way deal means he gets a different amount of money when he gets shipped down.. Greenja..  Your talking about stuff people noticed in hunwicks 2-3rd year as a pro, he was excellent as a rookie, played physical and posted more points offensively.. hunwick and kampfer have an almost identical prospect report, hunwick with a higher upside.. Hunwick- CCHA first team, CCHA dmen of the year, team captain Talent Analysis First and foremost, Hunwick is a responsible player in his own zone. He is strong in his defensive positioning and decisive in reading his coverage as evidenced by his team leading +14 rating. He is an asset carrying the puck up the ice and is an integral part of Michigan’s transition game. On the power play, Hunwick moves the puck quickly and makes hard, sharp passes. His shot from the point is average at best. Kampfer Talent Analysis Kampfer is a sturdy, mobile defenseman who can also play at the forward position. A standout quality about Kampfer is that his lack of size doesn't hinder his effectiveness to play his position. One reason is his skating ability. Kampfer has good speed, fluidness in his stride and can skate with many collegiate forwards. He also brings some intensity to his game and is not one to shy away from delivering hard checks. He possesses great poise with the puck and has a strong shot with a quick release. As Kampfer and his game continue to grow and mature, he has the potential to blossom into a rock-solid two-way player.
    I understand the one and two-way deals but was(wrongly)under the impression that his new deal meant he'd have to clear waivers.I do know the Doctor knows his stuff so I believe him.Sorry for any confusion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    You know what i was thinking about last night, give me some thoughts, on the "downfall" regression of hunwicks game..

Physicallity.. Coming off a college game where there are fewer games, more days inbetween (similar to the ahl which plays fewer week night games) hunwick was probably better as a rookie cause he was physically stronger.. I am wondering if his downfall was never being able to make the adjustment to the NHL schedule, I do feel his game through his rookie year was atleast what we have seen from kampfer (I dont remember seeing the mistake I have noticed in kampfers game honesty).. but that thought came to mind when I was listening to a rask interview the other day and he said he had had more time to work out this season since he was playing less.. 42 to 82 games is a huge jump, playing 3 games in 6 nights as opposed to 2-3 games over a weekend would make working out more difficult as welll..

just a thought.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, You know what i was thinking about last night, give me some thoughts, on the "downfall" regression of hunwicks game.. Physicallity.. Coming off a college game where there are fewer games, more days inbetween (similar to the ahl which plays fewer week night games) hunwick was probably better as a rookie cause he was physically stronger.. I am wondering if his downfall was never being able to make the adjustment to the NHL schedule, I do feel his game through his rookie year was atleast what we have seen from kampfer (I dont remember seeing the mistake I have noticed in kampfers game honesty).. but that thought came to mind when I was listening to a rask interview the other day and he said he had had more time to work out this season since he was playing less.. 42 to 82 games is a huge jump, playing 3 games in 6 nights as opposed to 2-3 games over a weekend would make working out more difficult as welll.. just a thought.

Roller his downfall was the loss of spleen because thats also apparently where his Brain resided.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, You know what i was thinking about last night, give me some thoughts, on the "downfall" regression of hunwicks game.. Physicallity.. Coming off a college game where there are fewer games, more days inbetween (similar to the ahl which plays fewer week night games) hunwick was probably better as a rookie cause he was physically stronger.. I am wondering if his downfall was never being able to make the adjustment to the NHL schedule, I do feel his game through his rookie year was atleast what we have seen from kampfer (I dont remember seeing the mistake I have noticed in kampfers game honesty).. but that thought came to mind when I was listening to a rask interview the other day and he said he had had more time to work out this season since he was playing less.. 42 to 82 games is a huge jump, playing 3 games in 6 nights as opposed to 2-3 games over a weekend would make working out more difficult as welll.. just a thought.
    you bring up many valid points about hunwick and the college schedule.
    That said,there have been  a large number of D-men come out of college and have no problem adjusting so it's hard to pinpoint.I think confidence became the major issue.If you get to a point where you're afraid to make mistakes,there's a good chance you'll start making them.Much like Wideman,hunwick started to hear the fans screams of trade this bum.As a result,he was unable to elevate his game to the earlier level.Like Kampfer,Hunwick looked great at first because nobody expected much of him.Against tempered expectations he looks great.Once he came back  and the fans expected more he was unable to deliver.I'm not sure if Hunwicks game changed as much as fans expectations of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I remember ( i think) hunwick being tied for the team lead in goals at 5 at one point.. Maybe that is a little off, but he started strong which is part of why i am questioning if its adjusting to how to stay ready on an nhl schedule..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I think Stuart gets moved, he is UFA after this season.  McQuaid has better stats so far this year and seems to have the higher upside.  I can see McQuaid being sent down until they trade Stuart.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Unless Boychuck changes his game, he can go down. What's up with his play ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Stuke, Boychuk would have to clear waivers, itll be mcquaid or kampfer going down since they don't have to clear.. I can't see us moving stuart either since if someone else was hurt we have no depth (or well we do) but it would be a further step down defensively..

Orr..

Stuarts game cant be judged on stats..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Stuke, Boychuk would have to clear waivers, itll be mcquaid or kampfer going down since they don't have to clear.. I can't see us moving stuart either since if someone else was hurt we have no depth (or well we do) but it would be a further step down defensively.. Orr.. Stuarts game cant be judged on stats..

What can it be judge on then.  I hear people say he is a good leader but then we all complain about the lack of leadership on the team.  He is already overpaid and will be looking for a raise.  He is no more than a dime a dozen defenseman and is easily replaced.  Watching him play reminds me of my Grampa and his saying strong as an Ox and just about as smart.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Orr, most dmen really cant be judged on stats, he doesnt put up any points, but he has been a plus player every year of his career aside from his first -1 17 games..

chara was a -19 his first year with the bruins..

He can be replaced sure, but your rediculous to say he is over paid, he makes less then boychuk..1.6m  find me a solid d man with 300 games makes less then that...

He makes far less then seidenberg plays a very similar game.. blocks less shots, is more physical...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What makes sense as well is that Stuart might get traded because there is a market for him teams are looking for veteran D. The real question will be does Chiarelli trust Bodnarchuk or Bartkowski when called up that just might keep Stuart here. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Stuart were traded.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

PC has been looking to deal Stuart for quite some time, but always in some sort of package deal for a bigger piece. I really like Stuart and would like to have him stick around (cheap, tough, character guy, solid player), but I feel as though he is going to be gone at the deadline or the draft (ie, TOR's pick and Stuart to move up a slot or two to get the player PC wants [Couturier]).

Sections
Shortcuts