Who played their last Game as a Bruin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Re: Who played their last Game as a Bruin?

Ference is gone.......     Krug is definitely in.

Horton is a keeper

Soda is not living up to all the hype from Chia and company??????????????

Thornton should be gone, but CJ has his favorites.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seriously sad that people are calling Seguin a disappearing act and getting ready to ship him out.  Year one, he was handled with kid gloves.  Year two, he exceeded expectations to lead the team in scoring.  Year three, he had a rough year in a strange, lockout shortened season where all sorts of weird things happened.  But he's still on his EL contract.  Deal him now because you think he has a history of underperforming and you'll regret it for a very long time.  The game he displayed in the finals?  If he plays like that with Krejci and Lucic next year, or Bergeron and Marchand?  He'll be a point/game player even in Julien's system.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Soda not living up? Based on what? He played like 7 games!  And I think in this series, the games he played in, he looked good!  I look forward to seeing more of him next season!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

For sure:  Ference, Jagr, Horton, Peverley, Khudobin, Caron, Thornton, 

Longshots:  Chara (for blockbusters only)

Onward and Upward in 2013-14:  Hamilton, Krug, Camper, Soderberg, Spooner, Bart

If one of those 2 players stays With the Bruins I will take one full year off this board I swear :  Thornton the turtle and Pev the speedy mosquito

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011 and 4more cuos by 2020

•  

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's insane to give up on Seguin.  I thought his playoffs were mostly disappointing, but I don't think that projects onto his future very much.  I agree that he'll be a point-per-game player and may really take off with the right linemates and system.  Don't even think about getting rid of him.

But he will have to evolve a bit in his approach.  That's where Marchand has passed him in development.  Marchand has developed really good hockey sense and the ability to make plays out of nothing.  He can fly in the zone or delay when out-numbered and make the right pass.  Seguin seemed like he kept trying to go around Keith and Seabrook and those guys are just to good to get burned at the blueline, even by Seguin.  He has to develop better secondary moves like Marchand and learn to go to option B or C on the fly.  Too many times his approach into the zone was very predictable.

I think he will just keep getting better though.  Julien is good for him, IMO.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

For sure:  Ference, Jagr, Horton, Peverley, Khudobin, Caron

Wouldn't surprise me:  Seidenberg, Kelly.

Longshots:  Lucic and Seguin (for blockbusters only)

Onward and Upward in 2013-14:  Hamilton, Soderberg, Krug

Theme for 2013-14:  The need for speed.

How do you figure Peverly to be gone?  Buy out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

How do you figure Peverly to be gone?  Buy out?

Yes buy out and I am willing to give $1000 from my own pocket to help PC to buy him out ...I am willing to start a fund raising program among the Bruins fans to ship him out of the city as far as possible ...the best would be Russia with Chris Bourque ....or somewhere in Kazakstan ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The only for sures are Jagr and Khudobin.  Ference and Horton are very, very likely.  They don't have the cap space under almost any circumstance to retain both, and they do have the young D to replace Ference.  Horton is a more difficult player to replace, so if he stays, that's the Peverley buy-out for sure.

Seidenberg is going nowhere.  Kelly only if there's a more complicated move PC sees.

I don't see a blockbuster coming.  There's not one that's remotely likely that makes sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Dude the kid is 21!

Ference will go out west probably a return to Calgary, Vancouver or even Edmonton. Either could use a veteran Dman like AF badly. Jagr was out of gas and it showed. JJ will play in Europe for maybe two more years, shortened seasons he needs that. Khudobin will be a starter by mid-season somewher in the NHL next season but not Boston (of course).

Soderberg is a better center than winger and it showed at times. Peverley is either dumped like Sturm or just bought out. Kelly stays cause if Julien were asked to choose, he would take Rich over Chris.

I think a Seguin trade should be explored at the draft and PC should let it be known that he did shop Tyler just like he did at the 2009 draft with Phil.  Sick of the excuses for the kids disappearing act. Tyler needs to be put on notice that anyone can be traded.

I'm looking at all the other right-handed shots out there that would be available for trade or UFA and I don't see a replacement for Horton. I think he must be signed. This will be tough for PC to ask for Savards LTIR money after he requests a buyout of Peverley. If Jacobs puts his Jacob Marlley foot down the Bruins are screwed unless PC pulls off a trade.

The defense is set for a few more years but the 3rd line is what Chiarelli needs to work on this summer. PC cannot do a patchwork job like he did this past season, the 3rd line must be fixed!

"Need for speed" is agreat theme by the way!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

It's insane to give up on Seguin.  I thought his playoffs were mostly disappointing, but I don't think that projects onto his future very much.  I agree that he'll be a point-per-game player and may really take off with the right linemates and system.  Don't even think about getting rid of him.

But he will have to evolve a bit in his approach.  That's where Marchand has passed him in development.  Marchand has developed really good hockey sense and the ability to make plays out of nothing.  He can fly in the zone or delay when out-numbered and make the right pass.  Seguin seemed like he kept trying to go around Keith and Seabrook and those guys are just to good to get burned at the blueline, even by Seguin.  He has to develop better secondary moves like Marchand and learn to go to option B or C on the fly.  Too many times his approach into the zone was very predictable.

I think he will just keep getting better though.  Julien is good for him, IMO.  

Fletch - As far as development, you also gotta remember Marchand is 3-4 older than Seguin, so there's time for that growth to happen. No offence to his linemates, but Segs was playing by himself through much of these playoffs. He's still about 10-15 pounds away from putting it all together. I think he takes a giant leap this offseason into next year. He's gonna have to shake what has become a Joe Thornton-like playoff rep to some critics, and he will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

Anyone could go and wouldn't be a big loss. Ave Deffense and weak offense, slow  very over rated.

Seriously. average D and weak O has lead to a cup and a runner up in a 3 year span. Pretty good track record for a team that could lose anyone and it not be a loss

And Don I agree with your predictions, maybe not Caron though

Seriously.... They choked .... Thats a fact.... If anyone on here thinks otherwise Then they should not laugh at Toranto when briuns fans were saying Toranto choked. What goes around comes around. What makes Boston different? Right now Toranto and Pittsburg fans are dancing in the street. It's great when you win but when you lose because you choked , take it l for what it was.... Man -up..... Move on and don't try and sugar coat it.....Excuses are a sign of weakness and the Boston fans and Media are showing how really weak they really are....Suck it up  because right now we are far from Boston ANYTHING.......Go BRUINS 2014

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Donrd4-I disagree with every point you made.

They most certainly did not choke. 

Saying the Blackhawks played better and deserved to win are 'sugar coating' and 'making excuses'? Seriously? Chicago was the best hockey team in the NHL ALL SEASON LONG and deserved to win... THAT is a fact.

Go back to the sox board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Lucic - Krejic - Seguin

Marchand - Bergeron - Peverley

Paille - Soderberg - Kelly

Daug - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk

Seidenberg - Hamilton

McQuaid - Krug

Tuukka

Svedberg

Bye Bye to

Jagr, Horton, Khudo, Pandolfo, Ference.

Trade, healthy scratch, or back to the minors for

Caron, Bartkowski,

Guys that I'd like to see get a chance with the big club

Bartkowski, Spooner,

Guys that might be gone due to cap problems

Peverley, Boychuk, Kelly, McQuaid

Possible buyout

Peverley

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Donrd4-I disagree with every point you made.

They most certainly did not choke. 

Saying the Blackhawks played better and deserved to win are 'sugar coating' and 'making excuses'? Seriously? Chicago was the best hockey team in the NHL ALL SEASON LONG and deserved to win... THAT is a fact.

Go back to the sox board.

I think you should understand my statement was that there are more excuses about Bruins. Nothing i said was about Chicago not being better. They Won !  Goback a try to understand what i said. The fact is you can't read . Please stay away from sox board already enough over there like you who are slow to understand. This i hope is one point you should hopefully understand. Seriously !!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Don, maybe you should take a gander at your own posts at all the spelling and grammatical errors before you go telling anyone to learn to read.

You said they chocked, i dont think they did.  

Baseball is the most boring sport on the planet. I wouldnt waste my time at that board so no worries there.

Ive seen no excuses which is why I disagreed with you. That and saying they choked (they didnt)  There are about 20 posters on here that, like you, once the bruins lost last night became an overnight hockey expert.

Put together a 'big boy' sentance and you might (might be, no promises!) be taken more seriously.

Thanks for trying though!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Seriously.... They choked .... Thats a fact.... If anyone on here thinks otherwise Then they should not laugh at Toranto when briuns fans were saying Toranto choked. What goes around comes around. What makes Boston different? Right now Toranto and Pittsburg fans are dancing in the street. It's great when you win but when you lose because you choked , take it l for what it was.... Man -up..... Move on and don't try and sugar coat it.....Excuses are a sign of weakness and the Boston fans and Media are showing how really weak they really are....Suck it up  because right now we are far from Boston ANYTHING.......Go BRUINS 2014

[/QUOTE]

Another baseball fan that feels the need to educate hockey people, on hockey.

I understand that you being a Sox fan, gives you unique knowledge of what "choked", means. However, simple math should tell you that leading by 3 goals and losing, is a much bigger "choke", than leading by 1 goal, and losing (3x worse in case your struggling with the math).

The Bruins lost to a better team. It happens. Time to move on.

Go back to the excitement of baseball. I bet there is someone scratching or spitting, right now. Hurry, you don't want to miss that!!

By the way. When your Sox are plaing the Blue Jays, that team is from Toronto.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

Not sure hockey is your thing...what's happening over on the Sox board??

Check it out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Lucic - Krejic - Seguin

Paille - Soderberg - Kelly

Chara - Boychuk

Seidenberg - Hamilton

McQuaid - Krug

Tuukka

Svedberg

Bye Bye to

Jagr, Horton, Khudo, Pandolfo, Ference.

Trade, healthy scratch, or back to the minors for

Caron, Bartkowski,

Guys that I'd like to see get a chance with the big club

Bartkowski, Spooner,

Possible buyout

Peverley

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

Pretty much agree with everything you've listed, nrguy.

I think Horton is gone, because of cap space, but also, because of his increasing fragility.

I believe that Kelly and Peverley will be interchangeable on the 2nd and 3rd line RW spots.

I don't believe anyone will be bought out, because the only options, are Kelly and Peverley, and Julien likes both players. Also, both would have to be bought out, or traded, to free up enough cap space to upgrade the #2 RW.

And to the people talking about trading Seguin...I am so happy that none of you are the Bruins' GM.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Don, maybe you should take a gander at your own posts at all the spelling and grammatical errors before you go telling anyone to learn to read.

You said they chocked, i dont think they did.  

Baseball is the most boring sport on the planet. I wouldnt waste my time at that board so no worries there.

Ive seen no excuses which is why I disagreed with you. That and saying they choked (they didnt)  There are about 20 posters on here that, like you, once the bruins lost last night became an overnight hockey expert.

Put together a 'big boy' sentance and you might (might be, no promises!) be taken more seriously.

Thanks for trying though!

Hey ! Expert.... Yes my typing sucks.... You score on that one. Did BRUINS choke? Yes they most certainly did. Did they try thier best , Yes they did. Things happen mr perfect !!! They let it get away when it was there to be taken with minute left. Do you think Chicago said here we come get out of the way? Bruins folded on D like a deck of cards.Why do you think because of what happened that it has to do with me being your expert? Thank god you hate baseball . The real boring part is you trying to tell me and about 20 other poster on here that the thing between your ears is something that you use to call yourself the poster jock for hockey. Ican't type and your just plain ignorent as to what is said and what you twisted brain thinks is said.If anything is to be taken seriously yes my typing sucks but so doesn't your train of thought.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Hey ! Expert.... Yes my typing sucks.... You score on that one. Did BRUINS choke? Yes they most certainly did. Did they try thier best , Yes they did. Things happen mr perfect !!! They let it get away when it was there to be taken with minute left. Do you think Chicago said here we come get out of the way? Bruins folded on D like a deck of cards.Why do you think because of what happened that it has to do with me being your expert? Thank god you hate baseball . The real boring part is you trying to tell me and about 20 other poster on here that the thing between your ears is something that you use to call yourself the poster jock for hockey. Ican't type and your just plain ignorent as to what is said and what you twisted brain thinks is said.If anything is to be taken seriously yes my typing sucks but so doesn't your train of thought.

The thing we disagree on is you saying they choked. I am saying they didnt. You call anything else 'making excuses', that is incorrect.

Can someone translate what is in bold? Till then...You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i don't see Ference, Jagr or Khudobin returning....  PC will probably try to move one of Kelly or Peverley....

as for Horton, hope PC finds a way to fit him in to the payroll....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Not sure hockey is your thing...what's happening over on the Sox board??

Check it out.

[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to figure out how losing to a better team is "choking"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Too simplistic.

Different people choked at different times, for whatever reason.

Kelly when he missed the open net.  Chara on the Toews goal,  Chicago on some of their missed shots.

Chicago won.  Good for them.

I'm hoping we see Bart, Krug and Hamilton to start next year, and a diminished role for Chara.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Seriously sad that people are calling Seguin a disappearing act and getting ready to ship him out.  Year one, he was handled with kid gloves.  Year two, he exceeded expectations to lead the team in scoring.  Year three, he had a rough year in a strange, lockout shortened season where all sorts of weird things happened.  But he's still on his EL contract.  Deal him now because you think he has a history of underperforming and you'll regret it for a very long time.  The game he displayed in the finals?  If he plays like that with Krejci and Lucic next year, or Bergeron and Marchand?  He'll be a point/game player even in Julien's system.

This.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Possible buyout

Peverley

Why would Daugavins stay ?

Why would you possibly keep Peverley and then get rid of McQuaid n Boychuk ?

Who do you replace McQuaid n Boychuk with ?

Sections
Shortcuts