Who played their last Game as a Bruin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Who played their last Game as a Bruin?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to nrguy's comment:

Marchand - Bergeron - Peverley

Daug - Campbell - Thornton

Guys that might be gone due to cap problems

Peverley, Boychuk, Kelly, McQuaid

Possible buyout

Peverley

Why would Daugavins stay ?

Why would you possibly keep Peverley and then get rid of McQuaid n Boychuk ?

Who do you replace McQuaid n Boychuk with ?

I can't see Daugavins staying. I mean as underwhelming a season as Caron had i think he is a better option, maybe with a full camp Jordy can have a better start and season, but no to Daug.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I'm not as sure about Ference as everyone else.  Yeah, I know about Krug, Bartkowski, and Hamilton, but PC usually likes to have slot for 7 solid NHL guys on the blueline and Ference is Bruin through and through.  He'd have to come back cheap, no question, and somebody else might offer him more.  But, I'm not sure the Bruins just walk away.  There could easily be a trade involving another d-man too.  I think he'll probably go elsewhere, but I don't think it's a sure thing.

I agree with you Fletch....Ferance came out last winter and made a statement that he wanted to stay in Boston. I think he and PC will hash out a deal. Ferance was NOT a liability on our defence that is for sure

Also : For what it's worth, I've heard before that the Bruins will be moving Kuhdobin and bringing up Seveberg....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins

Khudobin is a UFA. With Bartkowski set to make $650K in 2014, the cap going down, Hamilton needing development time...Ference will be a cap casualty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hard to fit three young D in the lineup at any time, but as defending Eastern Conference rep?  Nevertheless, I think we see Hamilton, Krug and Bartkowski worked in 2 per game.  Ference has been great if you look at a player and the talent/tools he has and then look at what he does with them.  Barrett Jackman in St. Louis used to get a lot of press for playing the way Ference does.  Smart, tough veteran D.  Shame to see him go, but what else can they do?  I suppose they could deal McQuaid, but among the vets, Ference is no better than 4th behind Boychuk.

Strange to say after the playoffs, but really, Hamilton is the most proven of the three.  And that unproven element makes it even weirder to say that the place where the Bruins have the flex to manage their cap challenges is on the back end.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins

Khudobin is a UFA. With Bartkowski set to make $650K in 2014, the cap going down, Hamilton needing development time...Ference will be a cap casualty.

I see the biggest hole in next year's line-up being at right wing, given that Jagr is done, Horton will probably be too difficult to fit in under the salary cap and Thornton just doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant a roster spot, IMRHO.

Regardless of how I shuffle existing players around, I come up wanting a top-six RW. Nobody in the UFA crop excites me, but what would you think about trading Seidenberg for a right-handed shooting scorer and signing Ference to a two-year deal for short money. He ends his career in Boston as the 7th defenseman, regularly spelling Chara, Bartkowski or Krug, and we replace Horton's scoring and then some.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"year three, he had a rough year in a strange, lockout shortened season where all sorts of weird things happened.  But he's still on his EL contract."

These excuses will not suffice this coming year, I don't agree with them now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ference: He is a keeper, but why would he give up millions to stay in Boston.  Trade him to Edmonton with ......?  Seguin?

Jagr: Yup, KHL or elsewhere.

Horton:  Not so quick to let go, playoffs are more important than the regular season! No buyouts was reported today, so anything goes.  

Khudobin:  He will want too much, the Bs in one year are now ok with goalies. He is a goner.  Trade bait.  

Caron: AHL player.

Peverly:  A goner, sinking into the AHL.  The Cap around the NHL will make his trade value drastically diminshed. 

Kelly:  Leader type, he ain't going anywhere. PC likes him.  Although if one team wants his contract, he should be traded.

Seguin:  I agree with SanDog.  PC will explore trade possibilities.  He is no Yzerman. He is no Stamkos.  He is what he is "in the weeds". 

Seidenberg:  a good number 4.  The speed game kills his effectiveness.

Chara:  Hahahahhahaha   anyone who suggests trading him is thinking about rebuilding....yikes the odds makers have the Bs third to win the Cup next year.  

Soderberg:  if one gives Caron two years to make the squad why not let Yeti have one year.  

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

For sure:  Ference, Jagr, Horton, Peverley, Khudobin, Caron

Wouldn't surprise me:  Seidenberg, Kelly.

Longshots:  Lucic and Seguin (for blockbusters only)

Onward and Upward in 2013-14:  Hamilton, Soderberg, Krug

Theme for 2013-14:  The need for speed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"year three, he had a rough year in a strange, lockout shortened season where all sorts of weird things happened.  But he's still on his EL contract."

Point is that he has less than 2 seasons as a regular under his belt if you acknowledge year one was kid gloves.  Even then, compare his first three years to JT Superstar, and Seguin is way ahead.  Compare his year to year to another 2 overall that many people here list on e-harmony: Bobby Ryan.  Ryan has scored more goals, but points/game 3 years after the draft are almost identical.  In fact, as 2 overlls go over the last decade or more, I like Seguin's progress. 

I don't see the points above as excuses.  They're facts.  Problem is maybe with your expectations?  There are two basic ways to look at someone not meeting your expectations: they failed or the expectation is flawed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

Seriously.... They choked .... Thats a fact.... If anyone on here thinks otherwise Then they should not laugh at Toranto when briuns fans were saying Toranto choked. What goes around comes around. What makes Boston different? Right now Toranto and Pittsburg fans are dancing in the street. It's great when you win but when you lose because you choked , take it l for what it was.... Man -up..... Move on and don't try and sugar coat it.....Excuses are a sign of weakness and the Boston fans and Media are showing how really weak they really are....Suck it up  because right now we are far from Boston ANYTHING.......Go BRUINS 2014

Not sure hockey is your thing...what's happening over on the Sox board??

Check it out.

I'm trying to figure out how losing to a better team is "choking"

So if you have the game with one minute to go and has good as the Bruins are, you say that because Chicago is better????? Thats a reason to understand that Bruins did not choke with one minute to go? Ican see it now... The bruins thought that because Chicago is better then them that it should have ended the way it did??? Thats funny.... I've played many sports and when situations like bruins game happened ...we choked.... not because other team was better ??? Does it not ever happen in pro sports?? OK ... Maybe ( we blew it )  sounds better to you . So to all the athletes out there who understand...... They choked with minute to go                                    

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OntarioBs. Show OntarioBs's posts

First Post, Read for awhile

Crazy to trade Seguin now,....needs at least one more year,...Bergeron- Marchand- Seguin was arguably Number Line most of the year. If you can keep Horton, give him a reg season pass ( concussions etc.) pretty good playoff and played hurt, although he will likely  be cap casualty.

Krecji led playoffs in scoring again ( do not believe anyone has led twice in a three year span, would need to go way back I think ...) , need a little more speed on that line, try Seguin, drop Horton to Bergy's line.

Soderberg/Spooner ( who ever wins the Preseason Tryout) with Kelly and Paille - 

last chance for Caron , 4th line ??

4th line needs a tough guy, at least until NHL bans fighting ( hope never) but probably younger than Thornton,..try Robins from Prov,. seems pretty tough, not sure if he can play though

Play the kids on D

Bring up Svedberg until Subban is ready ( Subban Number 1 in Prov for the year)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Is it not time to move on from Thornton,surly Bruins must have a tuff guy in Providence,someone who will throw some good body checks.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to OntarioBs' comment:

4th line needs a tough guy, at least until NHL bans fighting ( hope never) but probably younger than Thornton,..try Robins from Prov,. seems pretty tough, not sure if he can play though

Robins isnt much younger than Thornton.  I think Robins is around 30 or so.  If the Bruins NEED an enforcer that bad im sure there is a dozen for sale come free agency.  I dont see the need for it that bad though. 4th line should stay as is with Paille-Campbell-Thornton in my opinion. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Pretty sure the Bs will really miss Ference. More than they think.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I don't see the points above as excuses.  They're facts.  Problem is maybe with your expectations?  There are two basic ways to look at someone not meeting your expectations: they failed or the expectation is flawed. [/QUOTE]

I expect allot from players like Seguin, Ryder, Wideman and Peverley because of their talent. Levels of talent and expectations are different for each of course.

Seguin has tremendous, gifted abilities so I expected progress upwards and Tyler was with the same linemates so the results I wanted I think were justified.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426389

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I hope someone dedicates a post for af.  I already miss the guy.  I was pretty hard on him.  He kinda won me over the yrs.  a true warrior, leader and proud mbr of the bruins.  I will miss you out there.  Kinda sad.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Perfect fit for AF is in N.J. I think Horton comes back, I think PC thinks about maybe moving McQ to make room for Bart, Hamilton & Krug. There's the speed from the backend. Redden gets kept as a 7th. I wish PC would move Peverly to make room for a kid. ST I think will be a healthy scratch a lot this upcoming season & you'll see maybe a Daugs or even a Caron in the lineup. I honestly feel that Paille has earned a full time spot on the 3rd line. Not sold on the Yeti, but I'd like to give the guy at least a full season & a play-off to see what he's really made of before writing him off. Khudo finds a spot & heard on Satellite that the NYI maybe interested. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I believe Horton, Ference, Jagr, Caron & Khubodin are goners.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

For sure:  Ference, Jagr, Horton, Peverley, Khudobin, Caron

Wouldn't surprise me:  Seidenberg, Kelly.

Longshots:  Lucic and Seguin (for blockbusters only)

Onward and Upward in 2013-14:  Hamilton, Soderberg, Krug

Theme for 2013-14:  The need for speed.

Update:

Now that The Tyler blockbuster has gone down and we have Louis Ericksson in the fold; seeing that he is a left winger; and he being slotted to right wing:

Don't be surprised to see Marchand and maybe even Lucic (will take another blockbuster for Milan) to be moved.

My bet is Marchand.

• Sections
    Shortcuts