Who plays for P-Bruins during lock out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Who plays for P-Bruins during lock out?

I am not sure what the rules are regarding players playing in the A during lock out.  However, I remember Bergeron playing in Providence during the last one.  

Seguin, Caron, Hamilton and possibly Marchand, McQuaid and khudobin?

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Who plays for P-Bruins during lock out?

Check this out
    http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

Anyone whose contract number is in yellow is on a two-way contract. As far as I understand it, that could make them elligible for Providence (I may be wrong though)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Red - Do you think that Dougie will be "allowed" to play in the A if there is a lock out?  I sure hope so, I don't think that the "agreement" with the CHL should hold water under these circumstances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Anyone with less than two years in the NHL, maybe, but the rest of them won't.  Can you imagine some AHL punk taking down Seguin for the season...or more?

He's possibly the key to the next 15 years of the franchise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Who plays for P-Bruins during lock out?:
    [QUOTE]Anyone with less than two years in the NHL, maybe, but the rest of them won't.  Can you imagine some AHL punk taking down Seguin for the season...or more? He's possibly the key to the next 15 years of the franchise.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I can't remember NAS, but wasn't "The Kid" Bergeron thought of along the same lines when he played in Providence?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProvidenceBruinsFan. Show ProvidenceBruinsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who plays for P-Bruins during lock out? : I can't remember NAS, but wasn't "The Kid" Bergeron thought of along the same lines when he played in Providence?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Bergeron was not yet a star when he decided to come down to Providence, but you could see that he was different from all the other players, on and off the ice. I believe he was the youngest player in the NHL at the time, and I'm pretty sure he was also the youngest player down here in the AHL too. It was a pure pleasure having him down in Prov. He made tons of appearances for sponsors and charites and usually stayed way after the set apperance times. I was not yet working for Providence as their photographer but I got a ton of pics of him that year. I believe it was the year after that I was officially working for them. I'll dig some pics out of the archives and post them. I'll have some pics of some P-Buin action throughout the year too. Will keep you guys posted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who plays for P-Bruins during lock out? : I can't remember NAS, but wasn't "The Kid" Bergeron thought of along the same lines when he played in Providence?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I don't ever recall Bergeron being refered to as a "Franchise player."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Caron, Krug... Hamilton probably goes back to Niagra.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

No, he wasn't.  That team was all about Joe Thornton.  It was cool that Bergeron made the team as an 18 year old, but he didn't stand out when looking at the future of the franchise...much like now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

NAS I think MeanE was talking about when Bergeron played for Canada.

2004-05CanadaWJC65813
    Bergeron was the MVP of the tournament.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS I think MeanE was talking about when Bergeron played for Canada. 2004-05 Canada WJC 6 5 8 13 Bergeron was the MVP of the tournament.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

"...when he played in Providence..."

I think he was talking about when he played in Providence. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who plays for P-Bruins during lock out? : No, he wasn't.  That team was all about Joe Thornton.  It was cool that Bergeron made the team as an 18 year old, but he didn't stand out when looking at the future of the franchise...much like now.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I wonder what teams have offered PC for Bergeron. Bet he would bring some serious return. You may not think he stands out when looking at the "future of the franchise," but I bet any number of GMs in the league do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who plays for P-Bruins during lock out? : I wonder what teams have offered PC for Bergeron. Bet he would bring some serious return. You may not think he stands out when looking at the "future of the franchise," but I bet any number of GMs in the league do.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

I think he'll need points like Datsyuk in order to reach that level.  We are all big fans of his, but defensive face off centers with an above avergae scoring touch aren't that uncommon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Maybe not, but having a top notch model is a real advantage.  Who else is in Bergeron's class?  Bergeron's a top-60 scorer (42nd this year), top-10 in faceoffs (counting only guys with more than 400 draws).  Let's say, to round out the field, that to be in Bergeron's class as a go-to faceoff guy, you need to be above 56%.

Last year, there were four guys who would meet those criteria: Bergeron, Datsyuk, Pavelski and Joe Thornton.  I'll add Toews and maybe Kesler, both injured last year.  Among those guys, the injured Datsyuk had two more points than PB  and Thornton had a lot more, but does anyone consider him a defensive presence?  He's a #1C - not the conversation we're having.  Ditto Toews, really, who is an excellent defensive player.  (I've said a few times, I think he's what Bergeron would have been if not for Randy Jones).  Backes didn't make the cut because he's a sub-.500 faceoff guy, but you can't ignore him on that alone.

If you look at just C, Bergeron was the 16th highest scoring C last year.  Correct for injuries to guys like Toews and Nugent-Hopkins and he's still top 20.  In the top 30 C, there are guys like Fisher, Legwand, Pleckanec and O'Reilly who are good all-around players, but only O'Reilly comes within 10 points of Bergeron and has a 50%+ faceoff performance.

There might be 5 guys in the league who do what Bergeron does.  Datsyuk's still the class of the group, Toews is on par in terms of all-around game, but then Bergeron is right there.  There's a clear gap to the next tier of defensive centers who can score, and it gives the Bruins an advantage over almost every other team.  Teams that have a Chris Kelly as a defensive C who can score, for example.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As for the P-Bruins, I don't see many NHLers playing in the A.  Krug and Caron because they might end up there anyway, but any of the other players will either go where they get paid - Europe, the K - or ride it out.  An AHL cheque probably wouldn't pay their insurance premium.

Remember, too, that the teams would have no say in this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe not, but having a top notch model is a real advantage.  Who else is in Bergeron's class?  Bergeron's a top-60 scorer (42nd this year), top-10 in faceoffs (counting only guys with more than 400 draws).  Let's say, to round out the field, that to be in Bergeron's class as a go-to faceoff guy, you need to be above 56%. Last year, there were four guys who would meet those criteria: Bergeron, Datsyuk, Pavelski and Joe Thornton.  I'll add Toews and maybe Kesler, both injured last year.  Among those guys, the injured Datsyuk had two more points than PB  and Thornton had a lot more, but does anyone consider him a defensive presence?  He's a #1C - not the conversation we're having.  Ditto Toews, really, who is an excellent defensive player.  (I've said a few times, I think he's what Bergeron would have been if not for Randy Jones).  Backes didn't make the cut because he's a sub-.500 faceoff guy, but you can't ignore him on that alone. If you look at just C, Bergeron was the 16th highest scoring C last year.  Correct for injuries to guys like Toews and Nugent-Hopkins and he's still top 20.  In the top 30 C, there are guys like Fisher, Legwand, Pleckanec and O'Reilly who are good all-around players, but only O'Reilly comes within 10 points of Bergeron and has a 50%+ faceoff performance. There might be 5 guys in the league who do what Bergeron does.  Datsyuk's still the class of the group, Toews is on par in terms of all-around game, but then Bergeron is right there.  There's a clear gap to the next tier of defensive centers who can score, and it gives the Bruins an advantage over almost every other team.  Teams that have a Chris Kelly as a defensive C who can score, for example.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of stats like, "He's one of five players to have 20 goals, 30 assists, a positive rating of 10 or above and playing for a team with no games on Tuesdays".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Check this out http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5 Anyone whose contract number is in yellow is on a two-way contract. As far as I understand it, that could make them elligible for Providence (I may be wrong though)
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

is it me or you that is color blind ? I only see Red and Green