Who should be more concerned? Bos or NYR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Who should be more concerned? Bos or NYR?

Many posters (including myself) have complained about the B's offense in the past month or so.  However, if you dive a little deeper into the Rangers past 4 games in which they have earned 3 wins and 1 OT loss, they have some serious issues with not as many injuries to blame.  In 3 out of the last 4 (the other game against bottom feeder Carolina went to OT), they have mustered meager shot totals of 14 vs NJ, 19 vs TB, and 17 vs Bos.    Thanks for all the posts in advance about how it does not matter because they have Lundquist; however, this type of trend cannot continue in the Playoffs for them to be successful long term.  Getting 5-6 shots per period is not a recipe for success (no matter who your goalie is) and has to be a major red flag as opposed to getting a bunch of shots and getting stoned (which seems to be what has been happening to the Bruins as of late).   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Who should be more concerned? Bos or NYR?

If and its a big if, the B's can get entirely healthy, the Rags should be more worried

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good post luc.  The thing is though is that they are finishing, and the B's aren't.  You can bet your bottom dollar that if a Ranger made the same play that Marchand did at the end of the first period (hit the post, hit the back of the goalies leg, and roll out instead of in), it would have found the back of the net.  The Hockey Gods are with the NYR right now and they're ignoring the B's.  B's need to make their own breaks, and they will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Who should be more concerned? Bos or NYR?:
    [QUOTE]Good post luc.  The thing is though is that they are finishing, and the B's aren't.  You can bet your bottom dollar that if a Ranger made the same play that Marchand did at the end of the first period (hit the post, hit the back of the goalies leg, and roll out instead of in), it would have found the back of the net.  The Hockey Gods are with the NYR right now and they're ignoring the B's.  B's need to make their own breaks, and they will.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]As long as the Hockey Gods start paying attention to the B's  starting the second week in April,all will be fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think the Rangers are tiring and getting ban ged up. I am much more concerned about the Penguins or some other team that may get hot come April. (FYI I can't believe I can't wright ban ged!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Rangers are tiring and getting ban ged up. I am much more concerned about the Penguins or some other team that may get hot come April. (FYI I can't believe I can't wright ban ged!)
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    i can't believe you can't spell "write"... just poking fun, hey you can write "poking"!!! hehehe

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You would think that Richards would have helped but so far it really hasn't. Just glad that Presidents Trophy stat is out there. Absolutely no lock to do anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Questionable, and maybe it has more to do with clearing the rebounds; moving the encroaching forwards; in other words, playing better defense. The Bruins goalies were saving the defense continually, until lately when the defense is giving up too many second and third chances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I think the Rangers could certainly be in for a long series RD1 and RD2 because of these issues....but it's really hard to believe that another team will be able to take 4 of 7 from them.

Pittsburgh could be a challenge. Florida, Winnipeg and Ottawa all have solid teams and the type of balanced play that can take 2-3 from them, but hard to imagine 4.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Rangers could certainly be in for a long series RD1 and RD2 because of these issues....but it's really hard to believe that another team will be able to take 4 of 7 from them. Pittsburgh could be a challenge. Florida, Winnipeg and Ottawa all have solid teams and the type of balanced play that can take 2-3 from them, but hard to imagine 4.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    I wonder if the NYR want to see a rematch with the Caps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

lol, you have shamed me due to my poor spelling.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should be more concerned? Bos or NYR? : i can't believe you can't spell "write"... just poking fun, hey you can write "poking"!!! hehehe
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Here is the issue. Them "bottom dweller" Hurricanes that the Rangers beat, well they swept the Bruins this year.

They take way to many "bottom dweller" games off though and are just not consistant this year. Last year I picked them to win the cup and I did in 2010 as well and honestly think they would have made it to the finals if Krecji wasnt injured. But I'm not going to this year, the heart just is not there this year and it's clear as day to see.

Like 80 shots and 3 goals on Lundquist in the last 2 games against the Rangers. Thats just an obscene number that says no one is getting infront of the net. Getting to the front of the net = working hard and there is alot of "junk" goals scored on 80 shots. 80+ lazy perimeter shots = 3 goals on a good goalie.

Also has anyone else noticed that when Corvo walks the blue line that he backs away from the center towards the boards and effectivly reduces his angle to shoot each and every time, he never improves his angle by moving to the middle of the ice. Is he just playing on the wrong side of the ice?  He actually looked really good playing the offwing forward position on the power play a couple games ago. I think i would like to see him tried as a foward. He has the ability to make a player look dumb one on one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

If I were the Rangers, id be very afraid of Tampa.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bruins are fighting adversity (injuries) at the right time. I still say they'll finish 2nd in the conference and will most likely play the Sens.
    Rangers on the otherhand their style of play is very taxing. It's a matter of time all the shot blocking will takes it's toll. Callahan got hurt blocking a shot. 
    We're all worried about Thomas playing too much , Lundqvist also has already played almost 50 games.  He has burned out in the past come playoff time and this season doesn't look he's been rested more. TT seems to thrive when he plays more and last playoffs he got stronger and stronger the deeper he went.
    Rangers might end up playing a stingy Sabre's team that will give them fits. That or they'll play a very physical Jets team, travel all the way to Winnipeg and play in front of a deafening crowd. 
    It looks like finishing 1st in Conference will be a more difficult road, at the least the 1st round.

here's the link on Callahan's injury
    edited

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/ny-rangers-playing-safe-captain-ryan-callahan-injury-blueshirts-tough-stretch-games-article-1.1031123

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins are fighting adversity (injuries) at the right time. I still say they'll finish 2nd in the conference and will most likely play the Sens. Rangers on the otherhand their style of play is very taxing. It's a matter of time all the shot blocking will takes it's toll. Callahan is probably done for the rest of the regular season for blocking a Chara shot .  We're all worried about Thomas playing too much , Lundqvist also has already played almost 50 games.  He has burned out in the past come playoff time and this season doesn't look he's been rested more. TT seems to thrive when he plays more and last playoffs he got stronger and stronger the deeper he went. Rangers might end up playing a stingy Sabre's team that will give them fits. That or they'll play a very physical Jets team, travel all the way to Winnipeg and play in front of a deafening crowd.  It looks like finishing 1st in Conference will be a more difficult road, at the least the 1st round. here's the link on Callahan's injury. http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/05/john-tortorella-on-ryan-callahan-injury-is-non-surgical-but-long-term/
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Hey, that's from last season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should be more concerned? Bos or NYR? : Hey, that's from last season.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

oops... copied the wrong one.
    This one not as good.