Who should PC sign next for future?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Who should PC sign next for future?

I was saying that Knight can play Peverley's game...he can play with some physicality, he's got good speed, solid hands, etc. I'm not saying the finer parts of his game are the same, but they're the same in that they can both play in any part of the lineup. Spooner would be useless on the 4th line. Would I like Knight to be a 4th liner? No, but I think if they needed him to, he has the skillset to do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm not sure the "julien only likes to play veterans" argument holds water. 2 out of the 6 d-men, are youngsters- boychuk+mcquaid. on the offensive side... there are 6 or 7 guys 26 or younger. that is also 1/3.  to be accurate... 1/3 of the players could be considered young guys, 2/3 are veterans. so i ask... where's the evidence that clode "only likes to play veterans"? it's clearly not the case.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Who should PC sign next for future?:
    [QUOTE]Paille        1,100,000.00  for 2yrs. Kelly         3,000,000.00   for 3yrs. Campbell    1,300,000.00   for 2yrs. Corvo        2,250,000.00   for 1yr Rask          2,000,000.00   for 2yrs. Total Cost = 9,650,000.00 2012-2013 cap space 13,400,000.00 - 9,650,000.00 = 3,750,000.00 to negotiate with the above players contracts Then Savard 4 mill contract is still up in the air. If PC can get the above players signed our team will still be the same Looch Krejci Horton Marchand Bergy Seguin Paille Peverly Kelly Caron Campbell  ? Chara Kampfer Sieds Corvo Ference McQuaid 7th d ? Thomas Rask Big RFA for 2013-2014: Looch Seguin and Marchand Thomas 5mill contract will be deleted My question should we seek UFA's or keep rebuilding what do you see for future Bruins roster this is just water cooler talk .
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

According to Capgeek.com the b's have just under $11.5 million in cap space next year with 15 players signed.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

So 6 players need to be signed to have a minimum roster of 21. This means an average of under $2 million per roster spot. Rask alone will likely get a deal averaging $2.5 to $3 million per year for 3-4 years. If we want to sign kelly he will probably get a deal similar to Peverley's which costs $3.25 million a year.

So if an average of $6million is tied up with those two players alone that leaves around $5.5 million for 4 players or about $1.3million per player for 2 defencemen and two forwards. Boychuck is due for a raise (at least $2million) and Corvo is at a minimum $2.25 million. Plus, some cap space is needed for wiggle room during the season as well. Very tight if not impossible to keep this exact team together for next year.

As for Savard's money we can not assume it is available or budget for next year like it is. The reason? It is not yet available for this year's team. He is not on IR which means his cap hit is still inlcuded on the payroll. This money does not disappear. JJ still has to pay him whether he is on IR or not. If Savard's salary is still on the official cap space that means JJ will not be spending to the cap and above the $4million Savard is due. In short, it is a cost saving measure to keep him on the official payroll. So, as you can see, Savard's money is not necessarily useable.

Some tough choices may have to be made with regard to Paille, Campbell, Corvo, and boychuk....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future?:[QUOTE] At camp I honestly think Cross was the best all around dman. I don't any of the Providence guys making the jump, but Mckelvie stuck around a long time given that he hadn't played pro hockey in two years. In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future? :Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

So you had no problems with the way Cross skated the times you've seen him live and on TV ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

If you're talking about injuries, no sign of them.
    Is he a pretty skater? Heck No.
    Speed? Hard to say, not slower than Hal Gill who's been around 1000+ games, probably a litle faster than Bartkowski.

In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future? : So you had no problems with the way Cross skated the times you've seen him live and on TV ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts