Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent?

I mentioned before the trade deadline that we still had not replaced the golden scoring touch of M.Ryder, or the PP grit of Recchi, and at the time Horton had just recently being concussed a second time by that rat in Philly.

So. Who would you like to see land in a Bruin jersey this July 1st ? Unless of coarse your of the thought that we don't need a goal scoring forward. I believe we have enough cap room to make a play on someone. I'm just wondering who ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent?

List of free agents.  Better than last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

ZERO! PC needs to let the 3rd line suffer a little at the beginning of the year while Knight or Spooner, KoKo or Sauve learn. I don't want anymore one-year-grinder-stop-gaps playing in Boston this upcoming season.

Hamilton can learn the ropes on the job and sit a few games n watch so I don't have to view Kubina or Jackman or Carle fumble through the season. Zanon for the whole year in Julien's system would be a real good fit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent?:
    ZERO! PC needs to let the 3rd line suffer a little at the beginning of the year while Knight or Spooner, KoKo or Sauve learn. I don't want anymore one-year-grinder-stop-gaps playing in Boston this upcoming season. Hamilton can learn the ropes on the job and sit a few games n watch so I don't have to view Kubina or Jackman or Carle fumble through the season. Zanon for the whole year in Julien's system would be a real good fit.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

The thought of Nash in a Bruins uniform doesn't do anything for you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BadHab. Simply put. No. That contract is ridiculous. Absolutely 100% NO.

Parise... Now we're talking.

Top 3 pickups for me:

Parise
    Suter
    Quick (RFA, I know, but if we throw LA a good package for the rights I'd be down with that)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent? : The thought of Nash in a Bruins uniform doesn't do anything for you? Posted by BadHabitude

Which 2013 Bruins free agents do you want to kiss good bye with that type of hit on the cap ? Who will fill those holes ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would go after Zach Parise, George Parros and Dennis Wideman, would let go ...Zanon, Greg Campbell and Motteau ....and try to trade Krejci + our draft pick for Nash or Bobby Ryan ...we also need to resign Kelly . Paille and maybe Pouliot ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm not overly impressed with the free agent list. I like our own guys the best: Kelly, Rolston and Zanon. I see no reason to go after Parise. He would take up a large portion of the cap and while good, his bang/buck isn't great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

All that's needed is a few depth signings. Parise is one of my favorite players, but really? No need for him.  Ryan Carter, Rod Pelly, types would be good depth players.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
    Caron-(Kelly)-Peverly
    Thornton-Campbell-?

Chara-Seids
    Boychuck-Hamilton
    Ference-Quaider

Focus on resigning guys from the 11-12 team. Resign Kelly and Campbell. No one really worth signing on that FA list unless a big name player is moved. Just get some depth.

Plus, Sauve could be good for the fourth line. 

I say the most important signing of the offseason will be Geoff Ward's replacement.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent? : Which 2013 Bruins free agents do you want to kiss good bye with that type of hit on the cap ? Who will fill those holes ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Exactly. Parise and Nash are definitely some desirable players, but I'd much rather see Lucic, Seguin, Rask, etc. stay in Boston than hand out a huge contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Someone that will take Lucic's spot on the first line please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

ZERO! PC needs to let the 3rd line suffer a little at the beginning of the year while Knight or Spooner, KoKo or Sauve learn. I don't want anymore one-year-grinder-stop-gaps playing in Boston this upcoming season. Hamilton can learn the ropes on the job and sit a few games n watch so I don't have to view Kubina or Jackman or Carle fumble through the season. Zanon for the whole year in Julien's system would be a real good fit.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

This past season saw the Bruins audition spots all through the hockey season and the only player to grab the brass ring (metaphor), was Caron.

This being said, PC has his work cut out for him. Who from the Baby B's is still being considered to make the big team ? Now you add Knight and Spooner to the baby B's and someone there has to go, which does cause a chain reaction of players.

All of which does nothing to help the Bruins to reach and win the Cup in 2013. I don't think the Bruin faithful will be all that happy to pay and watch the 3rd line or any other line suffer. Not when they have some cap space that could be used to bring in a proven NHL'er.

The other point is our own free agents that PC has to either sign or move. If he's going to move them then maybe we see a bundle type trade, which would allow PC to move his Providence roster as well as his Bruin roster at the same time landing someone who is NOT goal challenged, which is what the Bruins need.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think Oduya would be an upgrade over both Zanon and Mottau.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Someone that will take Lucic's spot on the first line please.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

There are about 10 left wingers in the NHL who scored more goals than Lucic in the last 2 years. None of them had as many hits. Who is this player you propose they replace Lucic with that will be such a clear upgrade?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think drastic changes are needed, I know everyone wants to overreact because of the loss, but the core of this team is still young and still very good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

With the looming CBA, I don't see the Bruins doing much of anything - especially on the Free-Agent Market - until they see what the post-CBA landscape looks like. This  is Jeremy Jacobs afterall, the same guy (and Chairman of the Board Of Govenors) who decided to make his franchise the model of austerity before the last CBA, by taking his team down to the wood.
    Of course that was a disaster, but who's to say he won't instruct Chiarelli to do exactly the same thing again?
    At the very least, i don't see Jacobs/Chiarelli adding any expensive items before it is all settled. Which is not to say I think they shouldn't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think Oduya would be an upgrade over both Zanon and Mottau.
    Posted by red75

Oduya really think so ? At what cost? Wisniewski got $5 mil a year from Columbus or something crazy like that,and i'm sure some team will pay Johnny (pmd) some crazy amount as well.Zanon might even get a big raise.Mottau,not so much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent? : This past season saw the Bruins audition spots all through the hockey season and the only player to grab the brass ring (metaphor), was Caron. Posted by Stuke50

It took awhile for Marchand to finally click, lots of games and Caron is just now getting it (me thinks he will start on the 4th line next year). Camper, McDermind and Sauve got a short glimpses of the NHL but that isn't really working them in with game experience. For some prospects it takes a year or a year and half.

Then there are some (not me) who think KoKo and/or Knight can come right into the NHL. My point is I just don't want more stop-gap-1-year-grinder-veterans without getting the prospects worked in.

Speed and skilled veterans want multi year contracts then they are hard to dump when they don't perform. KPD mentioned in his Sunday Notes a few months ago that he was told by several GMs thay they think the cap will come down after the new CBA after initially going up this summer.

PC ran into big problems with Ward's, Ryder's and Sturm's contracts in 09'-11' this doesn't happen when you develop entry level contracts properly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I would be sincerely dissapointed if the Boston Bruins weren't in the thick of the Parise hunt given their cap space and need for skill up front. 

I'm bad @ these kind of games, but I'd be interested in.

Jagr
    Selanne
    Brad Boyes
    Doan
    Semin (Gasp!)
    C. Kelly (can Krejci)
    G. Campbell
    P.A. Parenteau
    David Jones

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent? : Oduya really think so ? At what cost? Wisniewski got $5 mil a year from Columbus or something crazy like that,and i'm sure some team will pay Johnny (pmd) some crazy amount as well.Zanon might even get a big raise.Mottau,not so much.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Since when is Oduya a PMD? He had 15 assists in 81 games this year, and was a stalwart on the Jets' third pairing until the trade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent? : Since when is Oduya a PMD? He had 15 assists in 81 games this year, and was a stalwart on the Jets' third pairing until the trade.
    Posted by red75

The games i watched the Jets/Hawks play Oduya was a mobile puck carrier with a good set of wheels(not Blake Wheeler).This might not have translated to scoring stats but some team will be crazy enough to pay him a lot of cash.What did the Jets get in return for Johnny, a draft pick?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent? : The games i watched the Jets/Hawks play Oduya was a mobile puck carrier with a good set of wheels(not Blake Wheeler).This might not have translated to scoring stats but some team will be crazy enough to pay him a lot of cash.What did the Jets get in return for Johnny, a draft pick?
    Posted by 50belowzero

A 2nd and 3rd.
    He's got some speed, and can carry the puck, but his passing is mediocre at best. I haven't watched him since he went to the Hawks, but the Jets used him in more of a shutdown capacity. You may be right though about his wage. I figured he's a good get at $4 million, his current salary, but couldn't see giving him more than that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent? : A 2nd and 3rd. He's got some speed, and can carry the puck, but his passing is mediocre at best. I haven't watched him since he went to the Hawks, but the Jets used him in more of a shutdown capacity. You may be right though about his wage. I figured he's a good get at $4 million, his current salary, but couldn't see giving him more than that.
    Posted by red75

I didn't realize he made that much already,wow. If he gets that much now i can't see some team paying him more than that,but like i said there is always a G.M that gets a little desperate or goes loony and pays too much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In Response to Re: Who Should the Bruins Target as a Free Agent? : It took awhile for Marchand to finally click, lots of games and Caron is just now getting it (me thinks he will start on the 4th line next year). Camper, McDermind and Sauve got a short glimpses of the NHL but that isn't really working them in with game experience. For some prospects it takes a year or a year and half. Then there are some (not me) who think KoKo and/or Knight can come right into the NHL. My point is I just don't want more stop-gap-1-year-grinder-veterans without getting the prospects worked in. Speed and skilled veterans want multi year contracts then they are hard to dump when they don't perform. KPD mentioned in his Sunday Notes a few months ago that he was told by several GMs thay they think the cap will come down after the new CBA after initially going up this summer. PC ran into big problems with Ward's, Ryder's and Sturm's contracts in 09'-11' this doesn't happen when you develop entry level contracts properly.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Good poinst Sandawg...CBA will dictate for sure....I'm with you about not rushing up players. And I hope your right about some of the guys we have down there. We are still close to getting that dam cup back !!!  cheers Sandawg.

Sections
Shortcuts