Who should you want to see make it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Who should you want to see make it?

The question is different than who you want to see - we all have our opinions and unreasonable expections for particular rookies and recent draftees to excel against NHL competition.

What I'm after is the best case scenario for the Bruins, and the rookie who helps the franchise most by making the club out of camp.

My answer's Hamill.  If Hamill stays in the NHL, even as the spare forward, it means they might actually get something out of or for the 2007 first rounder.  It means he played well enough to send Spooner and Knight back to the OHL, Sauve, Caron and Arniel back to Providence.  Even if it says more about their failings than his success, he protects them while they develop. And if he plays well enough to be a real addition to the club and not just a spare part, he makes some of those other players more expendable if Chiarelli needs to make a deadline move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Who should you want to see make it?

as far as forwards... caron. he looked very good in his call up last season, and fits the bruins mold (big bad bruin- looch-like). as far as d-men... kampfer. he showed great skating ability/ passing / great nose for the goal. if kaberle WAS the pmd... kampfer COULD be the next pmd(that can actually score also). each would be my first call up, if injury to a starter occurs. the rest on that list need more work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Has Hamill played wing at all? Cause I don't see a player making the team as a center..
    I think Caron stays up this year, hopefully he is this years Marchand, the guy who almost stuck the first year, and then played great the following year..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd say Knight. It would be an indication that his development exceeded expectations, giving the Bruins even more immediate options for lineup fixes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I want to see Hamill make it because I DON'T like him.

I think every other candidate on the list has a legit chance without my support and I'm confident they can do something.  Not sure how much those players can do, but they seem to be working hard, developing and have the right attitude to progress in their careers.

I don't ever read about Hamill doing anything or saying anything which suggests to me he's moving in the right direction.  Nothing like that from Hamill.

I hope he can make it so that they can flip him to Toronto to get a second round pick back or something like that.

It's just plain bad luck to get a dud within the first 10 picks, the odds are better than not you'll get someone who will make it, after 10 or so, it really drops off.

I like all the guys on the list, I think they will all make it in some way shape or form, and in my book that might mean only playing 32 games in the nhl at the end of their careers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Is there room?  If Pouliott sticks, all forward spots are filled.  Correct?  And with Corvo coming in on D, same story,.   I really like Kampfer, and agree with the poster above that he could well become the PMD we all want.  But, until an injury occurs.....  And also there is Bartowski-- unclear which one is highest on the chart, Bartowski or Kampfer.

Competition reigns, and if one of the rooks can beat out Pouliott, that's as it should be and bring on the new guy.  Always fun to watch new talent develop. 

Was it Spooner who had the hat trick in last year's pre-season? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Hamil, but only so we could actually trade him to get something.  We have too many centers and it would be a shame to get absolutely nothing out of a top ten pick

Otherwise, I'd say Knight -- if he makes it, it means he outplayed Caron, Suave, etc.  Out of those three I believe he is the one with the highest upside so if he's ready thats a good thing for the B's.

The more I think about it, the more I like it.  Bergeron between two fast, shoot first wingers sounds really good to me.  I think Bergeron has a knack for giving his wingers the puck in a position to finish (read recently that his assists are heavily weighted towards primary assists).  Shooting wingers will put up good numbers with a center like Bergy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The question is, who will make the biggest impact as a "rookie". Right now, it appears that both Pouliot and Clark will get the first look-see, and they would have to look better than Thornton to be in the mix. The only Rookie forward, based on past performance at the NHL level, is Caron, but as above, he would have to oust Thornton. On defense it will be more difficult, for either Kamfer or Bartkowski, as they would have to oust Boychuck, which will not be easy early on. Arneil is probably a better sniper than Hamill, but both Spooner and Knight may be ready to pass them for jobs in Providence, but, both will have to go back to Juniors due to age. Then there is Stanley!! is he a candidate for playing, or coaching, or management ???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

chappy, anyone that plays with bergy will put up good numbers. within reason of course! he is a player that makes everyone else around him better. he cleans up their messes, and sets them up for scoring opportunities. i could go on, but my man-crush would be even more glaringly obvious.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

stanley is the official bruins cheerleader, short skirt and pom poms a waiving. i heard he was dating blake wheeler last year, but couldn't handle the long distance relationship. love ya stanley!! all in good fun!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I want to see hamill for no other reason other than I hope we get something out of him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I was under the impression that there would be no roster spots available.  Unless Pouliot doesn't make it ?  or there's an injury or trade .

I would like either Sauve for his speed and sniper skills (maybe better with NHL caliber centers) or Caron (does not hurt to have another powering forward going to the net.)
    Long shot I would have taken Spooner but would be foolish if still eligible for Juniors. Unless he's was ahead in his developement  and really stands out over someone like Pouliot 9even though not the same position) .

who's Stanley ?  Reindeau ? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Re: Who should you want to see make it?:
    [QUOTE]I was under the impression that there would be no roster spots available.  Unless Pouliot doesn't make it ?  or there's an injury or trade . I would like either Sauve for his speed and sniper skills (maybe better with NHL caliber centers) or Caron (does not hurt to have another powering forward going to the net.) Long shot I would have taken Spooner but would be foolish if still eligible for Juniors. Unless he's was ahead in his developement  and really stands out over someone like Pouliot 9even though not the same position) . who's Stanley ?  Reindeau ? 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Riendeau signed with the B's last year he is from the Quebec Junior league he has god hands and terrific skills ..Stanley is me I guess some people would like to se me as GM or assistant to PC ....but I've got no vote so far

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I want to see hamill for no other reason other than I hope we get something out of him.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. But when I think about my answer to this post I look at this and I cant think of where a rookie would get placed....

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Pouliot-Bergeron-Marchand
    Kelly-Seguin-Peverley
    Paille-Campbell-Thorton
    (caron)
    Chara-Boychuck
    Siedenberg-Corvo
    McQuaid-Ference
    (kampfer)

So you have all your starting positions and high quality substitions allready on the team.

Then you have
    Spooner
    Hamill
    Knight
    Hamilton
    Suave
    Bartkowski
    Cohen
    Arneil
    etc...

Ready to make a strong case for themselves. On top of that you have 10k in capspace... I dont really see any of the rookies sticking unless benoit sucks or there is mass amounts of injuries.

It will be an interesting development but i'd like to see Suave make the team the most. Seguin to Suave snipes all day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should you want to see make it? : Riendeau signed with the B's last year he is from the Quebec Junior league he has god hands and terrific skills ..Stanley is me I guess some people would like to se me as GM or assistant to PC ....but I've got no vote so far Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Wow......the only thing you got right there was that you are indeed stanley...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it would be great for the team if Caron makes it.  He could play on the fourth line with Campbell and Paille, putting the Skating Clown in the pressbox.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAS, glsd I'm not alone in my view

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should you want to see make it? : I agree with this. But when I think about my answer to this post I look at this and I cant think of where a rookie would get placed.... Lucic-Krejci-Horton Pouliot-Bergeron-Marchand Kelly-Seguin-Peverley Paille-Campbell-Thorton (caron) Chara-Boychuck Siedenberg-Corvo McQuaid-Ference (kampfer) So you have all your starting positions and high quality substitions allready on the team. Then you have Spooner Hamill Knight Hamilton Suave Bartkowski Cohen Arneil etc... Ready to make a strong case for themselves. On top of that you have 10k in capspace... I dont really see any of the rookies sticking unless benoit sucks or there is mass amounts of injuries. It will be an interesting development but i'd like to see Suave make the team the most. Seguin to Suave snipes all day.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I don't like the idea of slotting Pouloit onto the second line without an honest competition for that spot.  The guy was waived for a reason so I don't think the Bruins should give him the benefit of the doubt on potential alone.  If Knight, Spooner, or Suave outplay him in camp then send him packing.  Same goes for the old guy they invited to camp.  Our roster is too good and our farm is too good to be giving away spots to players that haven't earned them.

Players that were around last year should however get the benefit of the doubt -- the positions should be theirs to loose.  Paille and Thornton included

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should you want to see make it? : I don't like the idea of slotting Pouloit onto the second line without an honest competition for that spot.  The guy was waived for a reason so I don't think the Bruins should give him the benefit of the doubt on potential alone.  If Knight, Spooner, or Suave outplay him in camp then send him packing.  Same goes for the old guy they invited to camp.  Our roster is too good and our farm is too good to be giving away spots to players that haven't earned them. Players that were around last year should however get the benefit of the doubt -- the positions should be theirs to loose.  Paille and Thornton included
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]
    I don't know why you'd think any spot would go to an undeserving player. CJ and PC have made it clear through their actions in the past that any spot will be given to the best player for it, regardless if the player is a rookie or 15 year vet. Nobody's suggesting Pouliot should even make this team if he doesn't earn it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Rico....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKT-o7fg2Rg

Max Sauve.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I recall reading somewhere that PC indicated that he was going to carry 23 players this year.  Clark & Pouliot will be on this squad.  If 23 is the number, there is 1 spot left.  It will be a Providence Veteran filling that role on a rotating basis.  Sauve, Arniel, Hamill, Bartkowski, Cohen, etc...  Unless one of the young guns far outshines a top 9 forward, the kids will be sent back to juniors.  Of course this is without injuries and/or trades.

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Pouliot
    Peverley Kelly Seguin
    Paille Campbell Thornton
    Clark
    Chara Seidenberg
    Corvo Ference
    McQuaid Boychuk
    Kampfer
    Thomas 
    Rask

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

none, unless Pouliot proves useless....  and the odds are pretty good on that....

i want to see the B'S at least have a shot at defending Lord Stanley and this will have a better chance of occuring provided there's as little turnover as possible from the championship squad....

and that includes the entire fourth line....

Corvo too will prove to be a heady acquisition....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's a sort of generic response where it's good for the team if one of these kids plays his way onto the team by out-playing someone who looks like he's a lock - Pouliot, Thornton, even Kelly; Corvo, Boychuk, McQuaid.  The team on the ice is better if one of the rookies is better than an incumbent.

I'm trying to think how that varies by individual player.  So NAS picks Caron because he's the most likely to play a good brand of hockey on the 4th line.  Riendeau making it would be a glasses question: you can see it as awful (undrafted player out-performs every guy your scouts wanted) or terrific (free dummy).  Hamill making it raises the bar again, demonstrates the organization's patience, lets other prospects continue to develop, and maybe turns into a real trade and not a dump.  Sauve, Arniel - many others - well, I think that's a wash.  Spooner and Knight?  Bad news.  Good for them, but it seems to raise doubts about the "solid pipeline" many of us have seen in the recent past.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Clark isn't even under contract, so he's far from a lock.  He'll have to play his way into a deal.  Don't be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

what is with everyone thinking pouliot is suited for the second line roll? this is a guy that wasn't tendered an offer.