Who Sits When Bergeron Comes Back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Who Sits When Bergeron Comes Back

With the media printing that Bergeron is soon to come back, who do you think will sit ?  I don't like this at all, but if someone were to ask me, I guess I would sit Thorton. I have no idea what the lines would look like...What a position to be in for the coaching staff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Re: Who Sits When Bergeron Comes Back

I don't have a problem with Thornton's game, relative to his role and the expectations for him, but it's gotta be either Thornton or Paille, and I think Paille is a little more valuable because he plays on the PK, so 22 sits. I don't think there's any other possibility.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Too bad for him, but Thornton.  Couldn't happen to a better guy, but those are the breaks...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tough decision for Julien on Kelly or Recchi to ride with Campbell but then again the 4th line will be a threat to score with either so good either way. If Claude sends Peverley down dumb mistake he's too valuable through the neutral zone and puck control in the offensive zone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

there are like 8 threads on this already, consesus is either thornton or paille

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Who Sits When Bergeron Comes Back:
    [QUOTE]Tough decision for Julien on Kelly or Recchi to ride with Campbell but then again the 4th line will be a threat to score with either so good either way. If Claude sends Peverley down dumb mistake he's too valuable through the neutral zone and puck control in the offensive zone.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

its thornton and those are the breaks. watching paille pester Tampa on their own power play last night shows how important he can be on penalty kill. san is right though the bigger decsion is who replaces thornton on that 4th line wing spot. peverley is to much of a weapon up and down the ice so it will probably have to be recchi with paille and campbell. i have to say as i write that last sentence how in the world can julian break up the line of marchand-bergeron-recchi if patrice comes back 100%?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Paille has not been mentioned that much but yes he was all over Tampa on the PK Julien will not sit him now way LBG.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Recchi time to hang them up or Peverley he needs a Ryder wake up call

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

[QUOTE]If Claude sends Peverley down dumb mistake he's too valuable through the neutral zone and puck control in the offensive zone.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

People are too hung up on the stereotype of a 4th line having to be an energy goon line.  Who cares if Peverly goes down to the 4th line?  Then they have 4 lines CJ can roll out there that can potentially put the puck in the net instead of 3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Does it matter who sits? Bottom line is whether it is Thornton (likely) or Paille, the team is all that better with Seguin out there and Bergeron at 50 percent is still better than either of the first two players mentioned. Peverly played with a ton of energy, just missed a few bigtime opportunities. He's not on the radar of the healthy scratched.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guy8. Show Guy8's posts

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Recchi
    Ryder Kelly Seguin
    Paille Campbell Peverley

We can be confident with that lineup! Ryder, Seguin and Paille have sit this year. Thornton will take it for the team and be ready to bang when he'll be back!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic Krejci Horton Marchand Bergeron Recchi Ryder Kelly Seguin Paille Campbell Peverley We can be confident with that lineup! Ryder, Seguin and Paille have sit this year. Thornton will take it for the team and be ready to bang when he'll be back!
    Posted by Guy8[/QUOTE]
    Yes,I think that's what the lines will be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who Sits When Bergeron Comes Back:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Sits When Bergeron Comes Back : People are too hung up on the stereotype of a 4th line having to be an energy goon line.  Then they have 4 lines CJ can roll out there that can potentially put the puck in the net instead of 3.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

I agree I said I think that Recchi or Kelly would make the 4th line a threat to score. The same way allot of Bruins fans on here feel about Ryder is how I view Peverley not everything he does for the Bruins shows up on the score sheet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Sits When Bergeron Comes Back : I agree I said I think that Recchi or Kelly would make the 4th line a threat to score. The same way allot of Bruins fans on here feel about Ryder is how I view Peverley not everything he does for the Bruins shows up on the score sheet.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] I don't think Recchi would be a good fit on the 4th line.Playing with Bergeron and Marchand is a good fit for him ,he can utilize his hockey sense and take advantage of playing with two solid players.I think Recchi on the 4th line would be too much for him physically.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

As has been said by many there's no way Paille sits. He singlehandedly killed off about 20 seconds of a Tampa PP with his persistence and great skating.

Thornton will sit. He knows his place and will take it like the true pro he is.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyCrockett. Show TommyCrockett's posts

If Claude just rolls the 4 lines..it shouldn"t matter who gets droppeddown to it...