Who sits?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Who sits?

Redden back at practice, Seidenberg on ice before practice with Whitesides.  Looks like we might get Redden back and Seidenberg hasn't ruled himself out.  Who do you sit from the rookie d-men?  Doubt Julien plays the rookies over any of the vets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Who sits?

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Redden back at practice, Seidenberg on ice before practice with Whitesides.  Looks like we might get Redden back and Seidenberg hasn't ruled himself out.  Who do you sit from the rookie d-men?  Doubt Julien plays the rookies over any of the vets.

in order, here are the guys that sit. 

1. Krug

2. Hamilton

3. Bart

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krug sits first.

Hamilton second.

Bartkowski third.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Hoping that if Redden plays he has a little anger towards the Rangers.  Lot's of points coming from the blueline so far. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Seidenberg is the only one who should remove any defensman from the lineup. He is just skating with Whitesides, typically he would need to partake in full practice to be declared ready to play.

Redden is a tough call becuase he has played so well. He isn't as big a threat offensively as Bartkowski nor Krug, especially as Torey on the PP. Defensively ? If Krug and Bartkowski play in game 2 the way they played in game 1, I cannot take them out of the lineup for game 3.

Redden re-injures himself in game 2 then he is re-moved from the rest of the series or the playoffs then there goes a real good vet as a backup. I stay with the kids no matter how healthy Redden and Ference get. Seidenberg, of course, has to be back in no matter what.

What's great about this is it is a tough call.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Totally agree with the order you guys have. Very encouraging the way those 3 have performed when called upon. This experience will only help them going forward.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

I would keep the same 3 youngins in for Game 2. I don't think Redden necessarily gives you more from any of 3 of them. I was impressed with their play, so don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Seidenberg is the big one, followed by whatever Ference is dealing with, but I would stick the kids until a slip up.

I agree with this, if any of the vets are not 100% , keep the 3 kids in .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If Redden is available, he'll play over any of the 3 of them...c'mon we're talking about Claude Julien here.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Don't forget the role of handedness in this.  If Seidenberg is the first back, Hamilton may be the first out - assuming Julien wants to re-unite Chara and Seidenberg.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

TSN is repoorting that Redden is not quite ready to play but have his listed as a game time decision and is close.   Seids/Ference are doubtful. I'm guessing the rookies or the "B team" as they call themselves will be in tomorrow. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Don't forget the role of handedness in this.  If Seidenberg is the first back, Hamilton may be the first out - assuming Julien wants to re-unite Chara and Seidenberg.

Also lefty shots (Seidenberg, Ference).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Based on the way they played I think you let them stay in the line up.  Maybe let Redden heal a few more days and play him in NY when there will be match up issues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

anyone who thinks that this team is better off with krug over redden for the playoff run is crazy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

1. Krug

2. Hamilton

3. Bart

I'd actually play Krug the next game over the other two. If it were later in the series, probably not. He may be what brings our PP lacks back to life. Give Redden the extra days off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

1. Krug

2. Hamilton

3. Bart

I'd actually play Krug the next game over the other two. If it were later in the series, probably not. He may be what brings our PP lacks back to life. Give Redden the extra days off.

he's good on the PP, but just because he snuck a shot past hank (it was a soft soft goal) doesn't mean he should vault over bartkowski 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

he's good on the PP, but just because he snuck a shot past hank (it was a soft soft goal) doesn't mean he should vault over bartkowski 

Or Hamilton.  The other posters had it right.  Krug sits first.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

1. Krug

2. Hamilton

3. Bart

I hope you sawt that he did more than just sneak a shot past Hank. His skating ability with the puck brings us something we lack. When he got hammered behind the net (forget by who) and stayed with the puck showed surprised alot of us. It's not like he's going to be on the ice with a one goal lead in the last minute, but I like what he can add to this group. I'm sure the Rangers are gonna try to pound him next game. We'll have to wait and see how he responds.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Logically Redden will play if completely healthy, playoff appearances alone gives him the nod.  As for Bartkowski, Hamilton, and Krug, I tend to believe Krug is the odd player out.  Bartkowski can skate like krug, and Hamilton is just talent.  I have to think it is a CJ decision, if any doubt on the condition of Redden, then it remains the same like game 1.  I hate thinking like BFII.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

When did Redden become Ray Bourque ? Jeez - the kids looked real good, especially on the offensive end of the ice and a real jump start for the PP...hmm - I think I just answered my own question

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

When any od the regulars are ready they bump in same order as everyone has said.  We need seidz really bad. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Seidenberg and Ference are in for sure if they are ready to go.  I am not sure if Redden displaces Bartkowski.  

I still think Dougie will be the best of the 3 and a number 1 or 2 Dman once he gets stronger and another year or two under his belt but he sits before Bartkowski and Krug sits first.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

anyone who thinks that this team is better off with krug over redden for the playoff run is crazy.

First, I am under the impression that this thread is about today's game rather then 'the playoff run'.  Second, in this context, I believe we are debating Krug vs a gametime decision Redden. 

I really feel it depends on the things none of us really know like what is Redden's injury and which parts of his game are most affected?  I am hoping the kids stay in today.