Who starts in net for philly in game 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Who starts in net for philly in game 2

who's it gonna be?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Who starts in net for philly in game 2

At this rate I half expect to see Ron Hextall between the pipes. Or maybe they'll call up Angela Ruggiero from the ECHL. :p Who the heck knows at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Leighton was listed out with a lower body injury. I have no idea how serious it is. If he's ok I expect him to get the start.  Otherwise with neither goalie playing particularly well, I think they'll return with Boucher, which is fine with me.  Honestly I think Leighton is the only one of their 3 backups that could give the B's any trouble.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

My guess is Boucher gets another shot, but personally I think Bobrovsky would give them a better chance.

Here is the difference between having the 2 time Vezina winner in the crease compared to a rookie and 2 back ups.

If TT plays like he did today and the rest of the team does not collapse, I like our chances despite KDP's B's out in 5 prediction.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I am not concern about who will start between the pipes. The Bruins just better be ready for gm. 2 cause i know Philly don't like be embarrass at home. We or us the Bruins fan will be seeing a different Flyers team on Monday. I want the B's 1st score to be a PP goal, then i am very content.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Bernie Parent, like Ken Dryden, another b's castaway who went on to lead his team to Stanley Cups....

b's would've won at least two more cups had they kept one of these two instead of Cheesey....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to Re: Who starts in net for philly in game 2:
    Bernie Parent, like Ken Dryden, another b's castaway who went on to lead his team to Stanley Cups.... b's would've won at least two more cups had they kept one of these two instead of Cheesey....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

I did not know, that Dryden was owned by the Bruins. Jeez another Hall of Fame castoff by the B's. Who's to know what would have happend, Cheevers was pretty darn good in the clutch - he just didn't particularly care if the won 7-6 along as they won. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Who starts in net for philly in game 2 : I did not know, that Dryden was owned by the Bruins. Jeez another Hall of Fame castoff by the B's. Who's to know what would have happend, Cheevers was pretty darn good in the clutch - he just didn't particularly care if the won 7-6 along as they won. 
    Posted by Shadowcpt

"It coulda hit me!!"

Best line in the history of hockey, after Cheesy dodged a (I think) slapshot by Hull. He was up by four goals... what did he care?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

where are all those ryan miller fanboys??????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to Re: Who starts in net for philly in game 2 : "It coulda hit me!!" Best line in the history of hockey, after Cheesy dodged a (I think) slapshot by Hull. He was up by four goals... what did he care?
    Posted by red75

Yeah he was beautiful. I remember a picture of him back in the 70's taken of him in the B's locker room between periods. He was sitting reading a newspaper - probably the racing results.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The 67' expansion draft really hurt the Bruins that is where they lost Parent and yah Boston burnt themselves when they traded Dryden not sure if Milt Schmidt was the GM at the time or just a scout.

As far as who plays in net Monday more than likely Laviolette will come back with Boucher but it won't matter who does because if the Bruins keep possessing the puck like today it isn't going to matter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Can Laviolette ask if Rask is available?  Seriously, it always seems the Flyers pay more attention to all other positions on their teams over the years than they do in goal. 

They've shelled out big bucks for Rathje and Hatcher but I think I'd read somewhere that in previous years had a shot at obtaining Curtis Joseph as a FA years ago and Vanbiesbrouk but passed for whatever the reason. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Back to the original question, I vote for Boucher. Hey give the kid another chance. As for Thomas/Rask. Considering that Tim does wear down, if Claude is ever going to play Tukkaa in this series, I'd play him next game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Back to the original question, I vote for Boucher. Hey give the kid another chance. As for Thomas/Rask. Considering that Tim does wear down, if Claude is ever going to play Tukkaa in this series, I'd play him next game.
    Posted by Shadowcpt

Count me among those who think the Bruins will face Boucher who'll be looking to atone for today's performance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Don't know, maybe Kate Smith?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Rocky's statue. 

It doesn't matter if the Bs play the same game they played today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Curly

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by Shadowcpt

I was thinking the same regarding a Rask start. TT didn't look bad but still wasn't as sharp as I would've liked. I think next game is an ideal time to get Rask in there. TT can go back in for the reast of the series after that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

Dont think its gonna matter really, Timmy will outplay whoever it is.
    Im guessing Bobrovski.

In Response to Who starts in net for philly in game 2:
    who's it gonna be?
    Posted by Beezfan4life

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Since the Bs scored a few vs Bobo i think Laviolette will comeback with Boucher.  And that should be good news for the Bs.  In fact last year the Bs had their way with Boucher until he got injured and then Leighton was very good.  I still wonder if Boucher stays healthy if the Flyers are able to comeback!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

they are bringing back Bernie Parent

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I really don't think it matters. Boston has such an huge advantage in nets that unless the Flyers Goalie-of-th-Day plays out of their head (or Thomas/ the Bruins just don't show up), Boston should be able to be in control of this series.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pictureguy. Show Pictureguy's posts

To think that Philli could have got Thomas for a song at last years draft...At that time I think the Bruins would have jumped at Thomas for Simon Gagne.

Thank God they didn't

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Boston better hope Boucher doesn't find his game... I still remember a 5 game shutout streak!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

They have tons of mediocre options here.

Hextall
    Vanbiesbrouck
    Emery
    Czechmanek
    Lemelin
    Burke
    Snow
    Lindbergh (not trying to be insensitive.didn't want to leave him out.thats all)
    Frose
    Hackett
    LaForest
    Niitymaki
    Roussel
    Soderstrom
    Peeters
    Wregget

Not bad for off the top of my head..My guess is had they aquired Joseph or Belfour when they had the chance they may have had a cup.

Sections
Shortcuts