Who steps up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who steps up?

So we seem to have a little angst/nervousness among the masses here since Iginla is gone, Kelly hasn't been traded or bought out yet and they have little cap room to maneuver. The core of this team is still very good, so someone, perhaps a rookie has a nice opportunity in front of him to be an impact player or  a pleasant surprise.

Florek? Frasor? Camara? Spooner?

Like I said earlier, I think Eriksson nets 30 and Chris Kelly has a good year, but I think Frasor steps in and has a good year with Soderberg.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Who steps up?

Mueller!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I think Fraser adds 12-15 dirty area goals on the fourth line. I think spooner plays on soderbergs lw and has a season slightly worse, but similar to smiths last season. I think the rw on that line comes via trade, and is adequate at best, and the d is still awesome. Biggest step up from last season is dougie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mueller!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

Jordy Caron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I think Eriksson and Hamilton will improve the most among returning players.  As far as rookies, I'm guessing Fraser nets 15.  I don't really follow the PBruins or prospects, so it's really just a guess.  I also used to think Caron would be a consistent 15-20 goal scorer.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Eriksson for sure is better, playing the full season in the top-6; maybe 25-30-55?

Kelly probably sticks around and plays 3rd-line, hopefully LW.  Hope Soderberg stays in the middle, he was really good after that move. That said, 3rd-line RW may be the most significant/ impactful question mark.  Having trouble seeing how Spooner and/or Khokhlachev would play wing on that line, so by default Fraser gets the 1st chance.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a bottom-6 winger acquired with one of the surplus d-men and/or other small pieces.

4th-line, guessing Florek has the inside track to play with Paille & Campbell, suits him.

I agree with gnb, would expect increased production from Hamilton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nothing more than a gut feeling based on the little bit of him we saw last year, but I think Florek could be a 10 goal guy on the fourth line.  That would constitute stepping up, and I think we'd see the 4th score 30+ goals for the first time in a while if he can get there.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:[QUOTE]

Biggest step up from last season is dougie [/QUOTE]

In goal output as well ?

How about Krug ? increase or stays the same in goal output ?

I also think Florek is going to have a good year on the 4th line, Book. If Krejci, Lucic, Marchand and Soderberg all add 4-5 goals to last seasons totals, those 30 goals missing will disappear quickly. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Oleg?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I expect big things from Soderberg, Eriksson, and the fourth line.

And Cunny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

We all have high expectations for cunny, yes.....

Sections
Shortcuts