Who will be the Bruins biggest challenge in the East?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

Who will be the Bruins biggest challenge in the East?

I've read posts on other boards of Bruins' fan believing that, while very good this year, the Bruins won't be repeating as champs.

So it made me think, who do you think will prove to be the Bruins biggest challenge/team that scares you the most in the East in a seven game series against the B's?

A few weeks ago I didn't think any team was a real threat in a seven game series against this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Who will be the Bruins biggest challenge in the East?

rangers. with crosby back and healthy, the penguins. other than those two teams, no one

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

ditto. Big 4 and top 6 Injuries will play a key of course

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Carolina after they win every game between now and the playoffs. Nah, jk... gotta be the Rangers, unless Crosby/Staal come back. I still feel the Rangers are beatable, depends on how Hank performs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rangers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Rangers, that monster in nets seems to have our number....

bring on anyone else including the Penguins even with a healthy Siderella....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

I agree with you guys.

The Rangers are the biggest threat. The Bruins have been much better this year coming back in games when they are down, but the Rangers are one team that just thrive in low scoring, tight games that they will be a tough team for the Bruins to fall behind in a game and an entire series.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Rangers and Penguins are the only threats.  Both goalies seem to have our number, and NY has a tough D.  Penguins have a great offense, especially if Sid comes back for the playoffs.

Let's hope one of these teams can get eliminated in the 1st round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Difficult to say, until we see the final configuration of teams after the trade deadline.  Though the Rangers certainly look like the team to beat right now (those last two words being the key).

That being said, I think the only way the Bruins don't get to the Cup Final again is if they do it to themselves. The team is more or less intact from last season. Their young guys have the experience of having done it already. They know how they need to play to get there.  Unlike other teams (like the Canucks), who know they have to do some things differently to win it, the Bruins just need to do things the same.  Not saying that's easy -- in fact, it's incredibly hard.  And maybe it's so difficult that it's too much to ask of a team to put out that much effort, to be that focussed, and that determined, for two years straight.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Rangers are the threat because in the past 9 games vs them the Bruins have only won 2 and lost 7. They have 3 games left vs them and the Bruins should do their best to win those games. Lunquist has done a job on the Bruins and this season the Bruins may have to go through him and Rangers to get to the Finals, so beating them in the regular season would give them the confidence to beat them in the playoffs. The Bruins would do well to get more scoring punch to match the Rangers or Pens come playoffs.
    The Bruins and Rangers are pretty even but if the Bruins play their hitting game with some added scoring the Bruins can beat them or the Pens in a playoff series. We will see what PC does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Im gonna throw this wild pitch out there. I honestly would NOT want to face the Leafs in the first round! 2nd or 3rd no problem!, but not in the first. Leaf nation would be rocking since they haven't for the past 7 seasaons. They have the fan base & they have a team that could squeak out a couple of wins. Get some decent goaltending & hang around for 7 games you have the recipe for an upset written all over it. If you think that's not even a possibility? Ask the 06' RedWings against the Oiler's. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I still don't expect the Leafs to make it in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be the Bruins biggest challenge in the East?:
    Ask the 06' RedWings against the Oiler's. Posted by nitemare-38

That was a great series and good example.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I still don't expect the Leafs to make it in. Posted by red75

Agreed I think the Laffs will find a way to not get in and a big part of it will be their goaltending. Sorry LRH!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

The lower the seed, the bigger the challenge. The Bruins have a tendency to play down to the level of their competition.

Out of the top teams, Rangers and Pens I think are the biggest challenges.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by red75

They may not, but I'm saying if they finish in 7th or 8th. I hope the B's are no higher than 3rd or 4th. As far as goaltending goes Sandog? You only need a goalie to give you 4 strong games to do an upset. If you look back, are the B's not the most infamous for running into a hot goalie in the play-offs? A few of them no names! Ala- Steve Penny! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Posted by red75

You could be right Red, and if any team can blow it, its the Leafs. My question is, who's going to knock them out? Ottawa is in a freefall,with more games played, Winnipeg can't score and Tampa is 9 pts out.I see Trawna and Washington in, Ottawa and everyone else out. I guess the Senators could right the ship and Tampa could go on a extended run, but it will be tough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Kane should be back tomorrow, so I could see the Jets righting the ship, but I figure the Sens could even it out. My guess is Caps and Sens in, Leafs out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Teams that Bruins should be worried about.

MTL (wont make it)
    CAR (wont make it)
    NYR #1 Contender ATM
    PITTS In the conversation

The consistent factor on all 4 of these teams is elite goaltending.

IMO the next group that could upset the B's

PHI
    FLA
    WSH

They all have thier obvious strengths.

The rest

TB
    TOR
    OTT

I would be damn shocked, and repulsed if the Bruins lost to them in the PO's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This is part of why I'm not too worried about the Jets making it. I figure being swept out in 4 by either the Bruins or Rangers isn't much better than not making the playoffs at all, so doesn't matter much either way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Gotta go with the Pens or the Rangers too. 

Sections
Shortcuts