Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs?

I been thinking about this as of late Tuuka injury was dated on 03/05/12 with aprox. 4 to 6 wks recovery time so he may not be ready for the 1st rd. What is Providence circumstances for a healthy goalie that can sit on the bench for the Bruins ( just case scenario) ?

Boston been so dependant on having Tuuka as the the man but ????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs?

It's a toss-up between Khudobin or Hutchinson, as both have had some good games lately. This week's reports on Tuuka indicated he is doing all the exercises except skating. If he doesn't start skating, it will be a call-up for one of the last two games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Rask will be the back up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Khudobin was recalled today so he should get some starts this week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I hope Khudobin does get a start or two. May need him in the playoffs should something happen along the way to TT or Rask (or both). See yah Turco. Thanks for the memories.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs?:
    I hope Khudobin does get a start or two. May need him in the playoffs should something happen along the way to TT or Rask (or both). See yah Turco. Thanks for the memories.
    Posted by jaywall

CJ should start Khudobin against Pitt. 2nd is already locked up so there are some mental positives that can come from starting the backup. If you start Khudo and the team wins, you get the positive reinforcement of beating a great team with your backup. Lose and you can just blow it off as a throw away game. The reverse happens in the Pitt room. Win and they know they didn't beat TT. Lose and know it will only get harder next time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

In Response to Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs?:
    I been thinking about this as of late Tuuka injury was dated on 03/05/12 with aprox. 4 to 6 wks recovery time so he may not be ready for the 1st rd...
    Posted by orr4neely8

1) Can't use Turco
    2) Rask, if healthy, is first in line
    3) Khudobin has NHL experience, if Rask unwell, he is next in line
    4) Hutchinson available, but no NHL experience at all, last resort

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs? : CJ should start Khudobin against Pitt. 2nd is already locked up so there are some mental positives that can come from starting the backup. If you start Khudo and the team wins, you get the positive reinforcement of beating a great team with your backup. Lose and you can just blow it off as a throw away game. The reverse happens in the Pitt room. Win and they know they didn't beat TT. Lose and know it will only get harder next time.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Good thought but I like Khudo vs Ottawa Thursday. A loss to the B's potential 1st round opponent can just be chalked up to the backup goalie along with Chara also potentially being sat for some rest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs? : Good thought but I like Khudo vs Ottawa Thursday. A loss to the B's potential 1st round opponent can just be chalked up to the backup goalie along with Chara also potentially being sat for some rest.
    Posted by zamboni24

I like this idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs? : Good thought but I like Khudo vs Ottawa Thursday. A loss to the B's potential 1st round opponent can just be chalked up to the backup goalie along with Chara also potentially being sat for some rest.
    Posted by zamboni24

Zam, you're right. The theory would be the same against the Sens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm going tomorrow v. Pens.  Got center ice seats.  The green seats.  Complimentary from my wife's boss.  I wouldn't mind seeing Khudo.  I wouldn't mnd seeing the Cooke character get smoked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm going tomorrow v. Pens.  Got center ice seats.  The green seats.  Complimentary from my wife's boss.  I wouldn't mind seeing Khudo.  I wouldn't mnd seeing the Cooke character get smoked.
    Posted by BadHabitude

First wife or second ?

Hey how about holding up a sign to show where you're sitting ?

Badhab + null = going cuckoo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Khudobin re-called, will get one or two starts in the last three games. Timmy will need one start so he stays sharp.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs? : First wife or second ? Hey how about holding up a sign to show where you're sitting ? Badhab + null = going cuckoo
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Not today.   Null norTukka are going to distract me from my objective tonight.  

And sometimes some of these people around here get under your skin.  For example, you and nas had a tete a tete once.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs? : Zam, you're right. The theory would be the same against the Sens.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Remember Rask may need a start somewhere too if he is recovered before the end of the season. Unlikely but it may happen. Perhaps TT can go for a retreat back to his mountain stronghold and watch for black helicopters until the playoffs start.....:)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Posted by zamboni24

I don't mind this idea, but do the Bruins really want to give Ottawa momentum going into the first round series ? Or we could look at it as giving them false hope.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Who will be Thomas back up goalie come play offs? : Not today.   Null norTukka are going to distract me from my objective tonight.   And sometimes some of these people around here get under your skin.  For example, you and nas had a tete a tete once.
    Posted by BadHabitude

NAS is not a troll. Our tete a tete was a " who has the biggest balls of hockey talk ? ".

You are replying to a troll who most likely still goes to grade school or high school. It's making you look like you're going off your rocker ( at least that's my impression ). We need the old Badhab back with his sense of humour, not the one who is on an internet mission that cannot be won with a teenaged troll. 

Enjoy the game and keep smiling !

Sections
Shortcuts