Who would want kessel back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Who would want kessel back?

if kessel were to be a Fa in 2014 , would you want Boston to sign him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

Re: Who would want kessel back?

I'm going to say no,too much money, probably 7.5 -8 mil not enough cap space,Bruins would have to get rid of one of there core players,and  he would never fit in with Julian's coaching style.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes.  Hes a talented scorer.  Price tag makes me walk away.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to bruinsalways' comment:

I'm going to say no,too much money, probably 7.5 -8 mil not enough cap space,Bruins would have to get rid of one of there core players,and  he would never fit in with Julian's coaching style.

that is exactly the amount of money i think he would get. The cap is supposed to go higher next year to possibly 70m , and will they resign iginla at 37. I also wonder if they will resign Seidenberg who will be 33. ( I would but not sure if the bruins will) . Having said that they may have the money but kessel would certainly have to commit to julien ways and he might now that he is more mature.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

that is exactly the amount of money i think he would get. The cap is supposed to go higher next year to possibly 70m , and will they resign iginla at 37. I also wonder if they will resign Seidenberg who will be 33. ( I would but not sure if the bruins will) . Having said that they may have the money but kessel would certainly have to commit to julien ways and he might now that he is more mature.

Don't think he could change the way he plays.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kessel might get $7M his 1st year or two but his cap hit would be less as his salary would go down the later years of his of the contract. It doesnt matter Seidenbergs age he's in insane shape and you dont walk away from a veteran defenseman who can log that many minutes. Dennis will be playing till his early 40s.

To suggest the Bruins would let a great, veteran defenseman because of his age to make room for an over-priced, one dimensional player is DUMB!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Kessel might get $7M his 1st year or two but his cap hit would be less as his salary would go down the later years of his of the contract. It doesnt matter Seidenbergs age he's in insane shape and you dont walk away from a veteran defenseman who can log that many minutes. Dennis will be playing till his early 40s.

To suggest the Bruins would let a great, veteran defenseman because of his age to make room for an over-priced, one dimensional player is DUMB!

never suggested that bruins will not sdign Ds cuz of Kess. if they're young dmen do well and the team shows they have other needs over the yr, they may not sign him in no way saying this ia sure thing but a probable one. In fact i mentioned this 3 months ago when they were talking cap issues but it may not be an issue next year. for the record, I certainly would sign him he is one of the best defensive dman

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bruinsalways's comment:

He scored 36 goals in a year under Julien, how did he not fit into the system?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to bruinsalways's comment:

He scored 36 goals in a year under Julien, how did he not fit into the system?

true kelv, very  true but that is at least what part of the rumors said when he got traded. Now, that u mention julien did say that he had no problems with Kess but i guess hard to know whether or not that is true. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Chiarelli will not bring in a player that has proven he does not fit into a Julien coached team.

The fact that Kessel was not re-signed last year, when Lupul was, indicates to me at least, that he has little interest in staying in Toronto.

My money has him going home to Minnesota. The wild will have the cap room next year, with the departures of Heatley and Pominville which frees up almost 13M.

It will be very interesting to see how far into this season, Toronto is willing to go, before moving Kessel.

Even if they are in the playoff race, there is no way they keep him, and let him walk away without getting anything back. I could see him being traded to the Wild, for Heatley and draft picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

Chiarelli will not bring in a player that has proven he does not fit into a Julien coached team.

The fact that Kessel was not re-signed last year, when Lupul was, indicates to me at least, that he has little interest in staying in Toronto.

My money has him going home to Minnesota. The wild will have the cap room next year, with the departures of Heatley and Pominville which frees up almost 13M.

It will be very interesting to see how far into this season, Toronto is willing to go, before moving Kessel.

Even if they are in the playoff race, there is no way they keep him, and let him walk away without getting anything back. I could see him being traded to the Wild, for Heatley and draft picks.

If toronto cannot sign him , will they trade him before the deadline? who knows it ll depends how kessel is playing and how far toronto feel they can go if they make the playoffs. Toronto have to sign him and Dion. If i were kessel and not sign with tor , i would run back to boston. 

kessel said he does not want to talk contract during next year and will wait till end of next year but if toronto  make him a good offer- he will sign

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would take him on a good contract.  I would not give him more then 4 years and I wouldn't give him Bergeron money.  I guess in reality that makes me a no.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

If you look at what he has done in the reg season and palyoffs he will get upwards of 7.5 unless he has a terrible year next year. i do have concerns with kessel though, and they are ..He strikes as a player that his numbers can go down drastically and quickly. Obviously i may be wrong but i am not that confident that he will putting up big numbers for many years to come 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

BadHab approaches bait.  Thinks better of it.  Walks away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

FYI, bruinsalways is marco too.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Well Fletch, he needed somebody to "respond" to his thread right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Well Fletch, he needed somebody to "respond" to his thread right?

It's sad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Not if wants a raise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

fletch ur making false accusations again

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

No I'm not Marco or Polo for that matter,and who are you anyway??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know, Fletch.  marco was never one for an avatar.

Are you not entertained?!?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

fletch ur making false accusations again

So I guess were the same person says this Fletcher guy,who is he is he like the forum police,guess we better watch what we say to each other,your really not me are you.LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

No I'm not Marco or Polo for that matter,and who are you anyway??

he"s who he wants us to be. How funny is it that hes convinced  that ur me and the others all agree. its like watching dumb detectives. if u do not conform and agree with him and others they will say u fabricate new accounts

I guess though if ur really bothered by it u can complain to Boston globe. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

My biggest concern about Kessel returning would be the reception in the room.  They've seemed to relish making his life miserable over the last four years - Chara in particular - and I don't know that Recchi's comments alluding to everyone but maybe one or two guys being totally committed have been forgotten. 

Guy can fly, and he's been better since pairing with Lupul, but he's had that kind of chemistry only with Lupul so far in his career, so I wouldn't expect him to match his totals from Toronto under Julien or even with another team.  He's always had loads of talent; the question marks have always been about what's between his ears and whether he has the courage to make the most of his talent.  I don't think I'd want him on Boston again.

Sad that, in his time in Boston, Seguin showed some of the same things that eventually made Kessel unpalatable - one on five rushes, lack of professionalism etc.  Oh, and blazing speed and skill, but not the courage to use it.  I always look at a Kessel or a Seguin and think of Glen Anderson.  That was a guy who could just fly, and he would race straight at a brick wall if it meant scoring a goal half a second before he smashed his face into the wall. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

If toronto cannot sign him , will they trade him before the deadline? who knows it ll depends how kessel is playing and how far toronto feel they can go if they make the playoffs. Toronto have to sign him and Dion. If i were kessel and not sign with tor , i would run back to boston. 

kessel said he does not want to talk contract during next year and will wait till end of next year but if toronto  make him a good offer- he will sign

smart thing for the leafs to do is get dion go because he isn't good. kessel doesn't like julien. he doesn't like boston. he isn't coming back. minnesota seems like a fit. 

Sections
Shortcuts