Who would want kessel back?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Who would want kessel back?

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

smart thing for the leafs to do is get dion go because he isn't good. kessel doesn't like julien. he doesn't like boston. he isn't coming back. minnesota seems like a fight. 

why minnesota?

He's from Wisconsin and he played college hockey in Minnesota. Google is a wonderful thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

is "why minnesota," a real question?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I think we know my knowledge on kess"

So many ways someone could go with this and have absolute fun with it. I'll let someone else have fun with that statement first, especially after asking "why Minnesota ?" LoL

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

alright bruins8, you aren't smart enough for me to continue talking to, or about. bye. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

enough to know hed be a top ten scorer 2yrs ago when most of u ssid he was a one trick pony

who would crumbling tor media pressure- bring it on lets have fun!

only bcuz he played at minn means he will sign with the wild.figured there must hace been another reason. hey

you like kreider he's got talent see youin Boston in a few years. Toronto will have an all star team all Ontario born nhlers will become fa's to play for Toronto. 

quite a stretch 

A top 10 scorer that finished -20 on the season.  That stat line defines one trick pony.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]

enough to know hed be a top ten scorer 2yrs ago when most of u ssid he was a one trick pony

only bcuz he played at minn means he will sign with the wild.figured there must hace been another reason. hey

you like kreider he's got talent see youin Boston in a few years. Toronto will have an all star team all Ontario born nhlers will become fa's to play for Toronto. 

quite a stretch 

[/QUOTE

I will remind you, that just last summer, the Wild spent a $100M or so, on 2 local boys (Zach Parise from Minnesota, and Ryan Suter, from Wisconsin).

Does it really seem to be a stretch, that they would have an interest in Kessel?

Really?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Every team in the league gives a closer look to local guys and most players grew up dreaming of playing for their local team. What's next? Is somebody going to try claiming the Habs don't have a leg up on signing Quebecers?

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

quite a stretch 

A top 10 scorer that finished -20 on the season.  That stat line defines one trick pony.

His last season in Boston he scored 38 goals ( I said 36 earlier) and was a + 23...I wont use your stat or mine to come up with my final conclusion. And after what i saw in last years playoffs, he's certainly not a one trick pony. More like a very gifted offensive player who in the playoffs versus the Bruins was a factor everytime he stepped on the ice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

quite a stretch 

His last season in Boston he scored 38 goals ( I said 36 earlier) and was a + 23...I wont use your stat or mine to come up with my final conclusion. And after what i saw in last years playoffs, he's certainly not a one trick pony. More like a very gifted offensive player who in the playoffs versus the Bruins was a factor everytime he stepped on the ice.

[/QUOTE]

So you chose the one year he has not finished with a minus.  Nothing like cherry picking stats.  Plus how many more games did the Bruins play in the last month before the playoffs than the Leafs.  If Kessel had played against the rested Bruins team that played the Pens he would have been shut out.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I was just thinking of this topic the other day. I would have him back at around 6 million, but much more is too much. He would replace Iginla well. There wouldn't be a locker room issue, he's buddies with a number of guys, including Krecji. He would be a nice fit, and I thought he did well under playoff pressure last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Anything over 6 million per season for Kessel is pure lunacy !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Anything over 6 million per sesaon for Kessel is pure lunacy !

Not a big Kessel fan but 7-7.5 mil is what he will probably go for.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to bruinsalways' comment:

[QUOTE]

Not a big Kessel fan but 7-7.5 mil is what he will probably go for.

[/QUOTE]

I know he'll probably get that much because some desperate team will vastly overpay for his services.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

[QUOTE]

if he continues to post good numbers this year there will be quite a few gm lunatics.

[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with you there,don't think it will be with Bruins though,but he will definetly be sought by a lot of GM's,oh man have to stop talking to myself.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If David Clarkson can get $5.25 mil a year from some gm then Kessel will get $7 mil a year for sure.Count on it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

quite a stretch 

[/QUOTE]

So you chose the one year he has not finished with a minus.  Nothing like cherry picking stats.  Plus how many more games did the Bruins play in the last month before the playoffs than the Leafs.  If Kessel had played against the rested Bruins team that played the Pens he would have been shut out.

[/QUOTE]

Listen plus or minus is a team stat not an invidual one. according to you Boston should not have signed Iginla since he was a minus 10 2 years ago and a minus 7 last year with calgary . "If Kessel had played against the rested Bruins team that played the Pens he would have been shut out" Pure guess. and what is ur point they shut out Crosby and Malkin does that make them one trick ponies or not top players. 

Tell you what i would not mind getting mike Cammalieri - no forget it he was aminus 15- he must be a one trick pony 

Kessel is a proven playoff player and one of the top offensive players in the league no debate on this. 

[/QUOTE]

No debate really?  Lets look at the effect the Kessel trade had on the teams.  The Bruins with Kessel made it to the 7th game of the second round.  The Bruins without Kessel despite injuries to #1 goalie and center and other still make it to the 7th game of the second round.  So the Bruins were a better team without Kessel.  Now the Leafs without Kessel they finished 23rd in the league.  With Kessel they finished 29th.  So  Kessel most definitely made the leaf worse.   So why would you want a player who will make you team worse?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Orrthebest, those are two of the worst arguments I've seen in a long time.

If the Bruins had played less games leading up to the playoffs, Kessel would haved been shut out? Are you serious with that?

Toronto is worse with Kessel??? Yeah, he ruined that playoff bound team. C;mon.

Nobody is cherry picking stats. If you can read I said I wouldnt use the stats you provided or that I provided to come up with my conclusion. Did you watch last years playoff series? Did he look like a one trick pony?

Sections
Shortcuts