Who Would You Compare Marchand To?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Who Would You Compare Marchand To?

My vote goes to Ken "The Rat" Linseman!  An undersized agitator, with skill, that every opponent hates, every opposing fan despises, and both would absolutely love to have on their team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Who Would You Compare Marchand To?

In Response to Who Would You Compare Marchand To?:
    [QUOTE]My vote goes to Ken "The Rat" Linseman!  An undersized agitator, with skill, that every opponent hates, every opposing fan despises, and both would absolutely love to have on their team.
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]
    I mentioned earlier in the season that he reminds me alot of Kris Draper(not a bad player).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Who Would You Compare Marchand To?:
    [QUOTE]Marchand does have some Linseman in him. But Marchand forechecks a lot better than Linseman did though.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer[/QUOTE]
    I never saw Linesman win a fight but he did drop the mitts to stick up for himself.If Marchand wants to stick people like last night he should be willing to throw down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would You Compare Marchand To? : I never saw Linesman win a fight but he did drop the mitts to stick up for himself.If Marchand wants to stick people like last night he should be willing to throw down.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I've seen Marchand drop the gloves three times this season and each time he went to the box without fighting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Pie McKenzie

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would You Compare Marchand To? : I've seen Marchand drop the gloves three times this season and each time he went to the box without fighting.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying I want him to fight but if he wants to play on the edge.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Are any of you old enough to remember Johnny "Pie" McKenzie?

That is Brad Marchand to a T: same size, same feistiness, same scoring touch, same yap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

When he has the little mustache.....John Waters

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Didn't we just do this last month

Who Does Marchand remind you of

posted at 1/18/2011 9:31 PM EST

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from westga. Show westga's posts

[QUOTE]Pie McKenzie
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I agree. Same energy and grit, with a knack for finding the back of the net.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

i was thinking ted donato but i dont remember donato getting under the skin of the opposition as much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Pie MacKenzie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would You Compare Marchand To? : and i think he's saying that Marchand is clearly willing
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    I thought he was saying the opposite.I've seen Ovechkin drop his gloves a few times.I've only seen him willing to fight once.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I remember "pie face" and I have graded rookie hockey card of him. Marchand reminds me of Marchand but he does remind of Luc Robitaille's scoring ability but with more in your face tude. Like Luc he always seems be able to read one step ahead of the set up. Does marchand have a nickname yet if not i will call him Marvy March (short for marvelous).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

DAVE POULIN

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hard to nail him down to one guy, I guess he is his own player.

How about a little Randy Burridge?
    How about a little Normand Leveille?
    How about a little Pat Verbeek?

Agree with the Linseman and Poulin comparisons to some extent, he has some of their attributes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

Theo Fleury

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ken the Rat but with better hands ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Theo Fleury
    Posted by TheDecision[/QUOTE]

heres to hoping he turns into that player just without the drugs,arrests and suspensions

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

Or the fiasco in Juniors...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Or the fiasco in Juniors...
    Posted by TheDecision[/QUOTE]

ya give theo his days in calgary not juniors

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would You Compare Marchand To? : I thought he was saying the opposite.I've seen Ovechkin drop his gloves a few times.I've only seen him willing to fight once.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    No no Dez I was saying he seems to be willing but unfortunately he has gone to the box each time without fighting. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There was another thread about a month and a half ago asking the same question Randy "stump pump" Burridge but Brad has better hands.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If he keeps playing dirty like he is I would say Matt Cooke.  he took two bad penalties last night and a chicken $ hit spear to the groin area...then tonight he cross checks eberle from behind into the boards and then throws a very late punch at the end. 

i like his game but he better stop with the cheap c r a p

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would You Compare Marchand To? : No no Dez I was saying he seems to be willing but unfortunately he has gone to the box each time without fighting. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    I'm glad you were right as he finally chucked them tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts