Who's Hungry for the 2013 Playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Who's Hungry for the 2013 Playoffs?

Long way away but i can't wait. I can't wait for the 2012-13 season. This year after winning I was pretty "meh" about the playoffs for the first time in a long time. But now I can't wait. I want redemption. The Bruins have been knocked down, it's time to get back up. When April '13 rolls around I will have a stocked beer fridge, jersey on, Dropkick Murphys playing loud, BBQ cooking. Next year will be awesome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Who's Hungry for the 2013 Playoffs?

I can't wait either.

Bruins will kick some KING-sized butt next time around! A Hollywood Sweep!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I get the feeling too that next season will be the "year of redemption" for the B's as well. Many obviously undeperformed this post-season, including those that got some sweet pay raises, and should be out to justify those contracts. The core is still here, the kids are growing up, the D pretty much in place and the goaltending still one of the best tandems in the league. It would seem pretty incredible if they had another "one and out" post-season next year.

By the way, ther eis never any reason not to have a perpetually stocked beer fridge in my opinion; in bad times as well as good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

I'm dissapointed I didn't get to grow my beard to the ugly proportions that it was last year.  Although my wife hates the beard, my 4 year old daughter decided that she now likes it and wants me to grow a beard.  I told her that next year I'll grow a very nice one.  The Bs better help me out in that regard.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

wish looch was hungry for the playoffs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not me. Not yet. It'll take a while for me to get back to my hyped up level - maybe after the draft, once free agency starts and we begin to have some better idea as to what this club will look like next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

As long as the Rangers don't win it leading to other teams going with the stand in front of your net and put your fans to sleep strategy.

Go kings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Not even close to being ready for the playoffs, let alone the regular season. Im gonna enjoy my summer and preparing for deer hunting season. Hockey aint the last thing on my mind, but its on the shelf for right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'll admit: I'm jacked and pumped for next year. Summer excursions and the start of the Pats season will temper all that, but there's so much with this team that intrigues me it'll be hard to wait.

Was Marchand a flash-in-the-pan or will he grow into a more reliable #2LW?
    Will Seguin make the transition to center?
    Will Horton return to his old self?
    Will CJ have the cahones to move Krejci to the #3C position?
    What kid will come into camp and steal a roster spot?
    How will Hamilton look?
    Will TT get moved at the deadline....and how will CJ play the rotation in early games?
    Will Looch get his snarl back?
    Who will they add to the roster?
    Will Boychuck take another step forward?
    Can McQuaid stay healthy?
    What will the 4th line look like - what style will they play?

We've asked these a million times, but it'll be nice to actually see things come together and get some answers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Asmaha, exactly, saved time writing.  The draft to pre-season will be a drag.  I am looking forward to next season as PC's youth core are coming to age.  The impact of these players will determine whether the Bs team can continue it's high level of play.  Maintining a excellent team sometimes is more daunting than building a team in the new NHL.  PC also will have lots to think on in evaluation of talent, stars, and possible trades. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Yes, I'm looking forward to next season and the playoffs of course.
    I'm counting on the B's to complete the pattern below

1939 Stanley Cup
    1940 No #*%@! cup
    1941 Stanley Cup

1970 Stanley Cup
    1971 No #*%@! cup
    1972 Stanley Cup

2011 Stanley Cup
    2012 No #*%@! cup
    2013 Stanley Cup? Yeah, I think so. It will be fun to see who they go through before Chara gets the cup handed to him by the midget bettman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm hungry for a Bruins pre-season game right now.

Can't wait for the draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Hungry for the 2013 Playoffs?:
    I'll admit: I'm jacked and pumped for next year. Summer excursions and the start of the Pats season will temper all that, but there's so much with this team that intrigues me it'll be hard to wait. Was Marchand a flash-in-the-pan or will he grow into a more reliable #2LW? Will Seguin make the transition to center? Will Horton return to his old self? Will CJ have the cahones to move Krejci to the #3C position? What kid will come into camp and steal a roster spot? How will Hamilton look? Will TT get moved at the deadline....and how will CJ play the rotation in early games? Will Looch get his snarl back? Who will they add to the roster? Will Boychuck take another step forward? Can McQuaid stay healthy? What will the 4th line look like - what style will they play? We've asked these a million times, but it'll be nice to actually see things come together and get some answers.
    Posted by asmaha

Marchand with 22 in his first year was more than anyone expected from him, following it up with 28 the next year was pretty impressive. Pretty good for a #2 LW. Hope he only gets better next year... needs to drop the antics a bit, though - not a fourth liner anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

wish looch was hungry for the playoffs. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus

Finishing every check and trying to carry the offense while his star center was MIA and a third liner or AHLer is on the right wing wasn't enough for you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup agree NAS on that analysis!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Hungry for the 2013 Playoffs? : Finishing every check and trying to carry the offense while his star center was MIA and a third liner or AHLer is on the right wing wasn't enough for you?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Thats going a bit far isn't it ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Highly paid center i can live with, but star center?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Hungry for the 2013 Playoffs? : Finishing every check and trying to carry the offense while his star center was MIA and a third liner or AHLer is on the right wing wasn't enough for you?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Not sure what all the Lucic hate is about, either. At times he was the only one doing anything out there. To clarify, my question about Looch and getting his snare back is just that. The effort and skill are great...but we all know he's got another gear when he's ticked off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Funny thing that Lucic admitted to the media he was having difficulties getting up for the games this year.  http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Marchand-Lucic-admit-trouble-tapping-int?blockID=698441&feedID=10428

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Hungry for the 2013 Playoffs? : Funny thing that Lucic admitted to the media he was having difficulties getting up for the games this year.  http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Marchand-Lucic-admit-trouble-tapping-int?blockID=698441&feedID=10428
    Posted by Orrthebest

Funny thing that you posted this exact comment elsewhere and I still don't see the part where Lucic questions his own play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

As long as the Rangers don't win it leading to other teams going with the stand in front of your net and put your fans to sleep strategy. Go kings.
    Posted by Bisson1

Here's the key point of the comments so far: Rangers-style hockey. If the Rangers win the Cup, their style will be emulated throughout the league—especially by teams that are marginally talented on offense. Even if the Kings win the Cup with their tremendous forecheck, drop-and-block hockey is a toxin in the blood of the league that won't easily be purged.

And while we're making forecasts about the Bruins, how about making some forecasts about the other teams? The Rangers still will be tough; they played the Bruins tough this season. Ray Shero in Pittsburgh is too good and too smart a GM to not rebuild from the Pens' playoff wreckage. The Flyers made the Pens look like an AHL team, so you can't discount Philly. And just as Bruins fans figure their torrid midseason roll is indicative of the way the team can play all the time, Buffalo fans might justifiably think the way the Sabres played down the stretch is a truer barometer of the talent on that club. Florida looks like an up-and-coming  team. And we can't count out the Caps, as this year's playoffs show.

And all of this assumes the season starts on time. In a lockout-shortened season, anything could happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Hungry for the 2013 Playoffs? : Funny thing that you posted this exact comment elsewhere and I still don't see the part where Lucic questions his own play.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I explained it in the other thread, but do not worry I expected you to do your best to ignore any info that does not agree with your view of things.

Sections
Shortcuts