1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Who's in, who's out for Game 7?

Three questons.
    Mottau or Corvo?
    Thornton or Caron?
    What is McQuaid's status?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Re: Who's in, who's out for Game 7?

If everyone that played in game six is healthy, go with the same lineup, Motteau did not look out of place. If the Bruins win and McQuade is ready for the next round get him back in there. I miss Thornton but we need Caron to crash, bang and maybe get a goal. Go Bruins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Mottau stays in, Caron stays in. Thornton out, Corvo out, and please stop with the hope McQuaid can play routine. He's Nathan Horton out, if there is such a term. Forget about him. I love the guy, but he's done this postseason--concussion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

I had never heard an update on McQuaid, did not know the degree of his concussion. If he is done, the Bruins will miss him but Motteau played well and should continue to play ahead of Corvo. Adding Zanon and Motteau are proving to be godd moves by Chiarelli.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

have they even announced that McQuaid has a concussion? thats kinda weird. stay with the game 6 lineup imo. Mottau's experience over Corvo anyday

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

will the pp show up?  nice to see looch-krejci-seguin developing some speed rushes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

At first it was a cut to the head, but I saw that hit on McQuaid, that was a concussion hit, just like the Savards/Hortons...it was hard, it rattled his helmet. He got seriously hurt, and the B's have been sitting here with the day-to-day approach. Well, if he's not healthy now, when will he be? Answer, he's done. If he somehow plays in these playoffs, I'll be surprised.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Mottau.
    Caron.
    No McQuaid. It's weird how quiet the team has been on his condition. He's not practicing as far as I know and they have not used the C word, but what else could it be? Even if he were cleared to play I doubt they would toss him in to a game 7 as his first game back. Not when they have depth. (see Mottau above)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Cl;aude should have had Caron in from game one, and he should use the kid properly. 4 minutes is not proper use of a big, fast and agresive young guy. Claude's hold down the rookies is an old hat decision. Caron proved he could play during the season, once Claude allowed him to play. Look how well the rookies are playing for Philly. The CAPS are big guys, Caron can go toe to toe with them, and Erskine just blows Thornton away, plus Thorny doesn't have the skills. Wonder if Peter is rethinking that contract extension. He could always use Thorny for Public Relations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

Please don't say that Quaider is done for good (for this year).  I am still holding out hope.  But if he's not even skating yet that scares me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Who's in, who's out for Game 7?:
    Mottau stays in, Caron stays in. Thornton out, Corvo out, and please stop with the hope McQuaid can play routine. He's Nathan Horton out, if there is such a term. Forget about him. I love the guy, but he's done this postseason--concussion.
    Posted by dannycater

Bergeron was concussed in game 4 against Philly last year but came back in a week. It's hard to predict how long any player will be out due to a concussion. Your plan to assume the worst is probably the way to go though. I say whatever's best for the player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If there was one thing that McQuaid offered that is missed is that he could easily supply the "heavy" element, the designated fighter, the role that Thornton has. I like the idea of having that intimidating element (Lucic and Campbell certainly also fill that role if need be) dressed. However, this Caps series is about talent not who's more intimidating. Rather have the skater in Caron than the boxing gloves of Thornton, who I'd admire but the B's have already learned that in a skater/speed series, he's just not made up for that. He becomes more important in a physical series where the other team is throwing more weight. The Caps have been physical, don't get me wrong, but Thornton's importance on the 4th line in a series where the B's were not scoring is moot. He is not important to the team winning. He's a nice element. McQuaid is important because he's turned himself into a very good defenseman, and he can hit, and he would even turn a Zanon into a healthy scratch. I like Mottau, I want to see more of him. I think he's a smart player and liked his decision making with passes during Game 6. Zanon has been shaky, which is mind-blowing since I thought he played very well up until midway this series.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If there was one thing that McQuaid offered that is missed is that he could easily supply the "heavy" element, the designated fighter, the role that Thornton has. I like the idea of having that intimidating element (Lucic and Campbell certainly also fill that role if need be) dressed. However, this Caps series is about talent not who's more intimidating. Rather have the skater in Caron than the boxing gloves of Thornton, who I'd admire but the B's have already learned that in a skater/speed series, he's just not made up for that. He becomes more important in a physical series where the other team is throwing more weight. The Caps have been physical, don't get me wrong, but Thornton's importance on the 4th line in a series where the B's were not scoring is moot. He is not important to the team winning. He's a nice element. McQuaid is important because he's turned himself into a very good defenseman, and he can hit, and he would even turn a Zanon into a healthy scratch. I like Mottau, I want to see more of him. I think he's a smart player and liked his decision making with passes during Game 6. Zanon has been shaky, which is mind-blowing since I thought he played very well up until midway this series.
    Posted by dannycater

Danny, I too find it strange that Zanon played better when paired with Corvo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Who's in, who's out for Game 7? : Danny, I too find it strange that Zanon played better when paired with Corvo.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Would rather see how well he plays paired with Mottau instead. Really hope it's #27 instead of #14 for Game 7. Corvo has me reaching for the Tums every time he touches the puck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I liked carons play in game 6 but i wonder being at home, who is gonna get the crowd and energy going like thornton did last year ?
    Leave corvo on the bench.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Go w/ the same lineup. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Thanks for the thoughts. Early returns indicate not much faith in Corvo. And Caron seems to be the pick for lots of you.
    The question about McQuaid was because I've heard nothing, which I attributed to being out of state for a week. It's interesting to me that we're hearing nothing, rather than even an occasional update. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Corvo was hurt. That shot that he took looked devstating. Right to the back of the leg where there is minimal padding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

If everyone that played in game six is healthy, go with the same lineup, Motteau did not look out of place. If the Bruins win and McQuade is ready for the next round get him back in there. I miss Thornton but we need Caron to crash, bang and maybe get a goal. Go Bruins.
    Posted by BRRocker

Yep i agree

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

tough to picture our D last game w/o the 2 pickups at the deadline, Kampfer and bodnarchuk most likely would have been playing in an elimination game,   well done PC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bergeron is in Julien just mentioned on the Bruins Blog. Now the question is Mottau or Corvo ? It has to be Mottau in a game 7 as well as uh Joe has played.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

"The Bruins needed Caron’s flexibility in case Bergeron couldn’t fulfill all his duties. Had Bergeron been limited in Game 6, Peverley would have moved to center, while Caron skated as the No. 2 right wing. In that position, Caron would have been a better fit than Thornton." (Fluto) http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/ I think it depends on how Bergeron is.. I think it was made to look like Thornton for Caron for goal potential to downplay the concern/questions they had about Bergeron lasting the game. Downplay his injury and not put as much of a target on him. (but the Caps prob noticed fairly fast he wasn't taking face offs.) I just hope they don't target him bad because we need him.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

Null, I thought the marginal slashing call on Pouliot in game 5 would have shut you up for a bit.  Or the countless interference non-calls. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

leave well enough alone - same line up.

I like Caron's flexibility in case someone gets hurt he can fill in.

Sections
Shortcuts