Who's on first ? Chara ; Boychuck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Who's on first ? Chara ; Boychuck

Our two " experienced" D should kiss the skates of the rookies for rescuing them from stupid moves early in Game 2. Although boychuck, even though he scored, made additional brain glunks[ polite company] as the game progressed. Chara was consistently slow as mud, and made very poor passes. Claude should have rested him even more than he did. Jagr isn't much help to bergie and missed some easy opportunities. Overall the bruins beat the Rangers, and didn't let them walk all over the B's at any time. Good game by most Bruins players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Who's on first ? Chara ; Boychuck

Mistakes are going to happen during a gm, just enjoy the win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Mistakes are going to happen during a gm, just enjoy the win.

Exactly.  They won. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Chara might have a bad period or two considering he's playing 35 minutes a night. Cut him some slack. He's the bruins best player night in and night out. And ya, I'm just not a boychuk fan. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Deleted

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

your seeing 2 different types of game styles here, the suppose to be defensive style bruins thats doing a good job and the (3 rookie defensemean) who are offensive minded, and Julien basiclly allowing these kids tp play there game, WHY ? because all else failed before these playoff series began, the tough toronto series wakened this team more than you know, yes chara is not the monster we expect to be, but hes still the heart of this team,as is bergeron, krecji, lucic, but hey, can we please enjoy something thats gonna be something special for beyond this years playoffs, and thats a learning tool for CJ and staff and management, this team is capable of (especially with these 3 demn) who are rookies, capable of  erasing  a system and implementing a new one that fits this team. Its true you know, you can be a great defensive team and offensive also.

put the trust and faith in your system, and they will flourish.

Jagr ? well i expected alot more from him but i have this feeling hes gonna win a game for us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

While cutting Chara some slack, let's also cut Bogie some slack.  As far as I know, he's the elder statesman of the board, witnessing Milt Schmidt as a player if I remember correctly.  While his views may not coincide with ours or the general public, I feel he should be treated well regardless.  Ignore him if you must, but I hope his different opinions can be looked past without being skewered.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Our two " experienced" D should kiss the skates of the rookies for rescuing them from stupid moves early in Game 2. Although boychuck, even though he scored, made additional brain glunks[ polite company] as the game progressed. Chara was consistently slow as mud, and made very poor passes. Claude should have rested him even more than he did. Jagr isn't much help to bergie and missed some easy opportunities. Overall the bruins beat the Rangers, and didn't let them walk all over the B's at any time. Good game by most Bruins players.

Lurch always looks slow, pylon on the Nash goal. Be careful can't say anything bad on this forum about the cluts. Good goaltending has this team up 2 games not their defensive play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Marchand had a big hand in 2 Bruins goals but his Turnover led directly to the 1st goal and he had another horrible turnover that led to an odd man rush and Bruins penalty.

Turning the pick over high in the other team's zone is inexcusable. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Lurch always looks slow, pylon on the Nash goal. Be careful can't say anything bad on this forum about the cluts. Good goaltending has this team up 2 games not their defensive play.

No question Rask has been solid but the defense hasn't allowed the Rangers to get their forecheck going like they want to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:

Marchand had a big hand in 2 Bruins goals but his Turnover led directly to the 1st goal and he had another horrible turnover that led to an odd man rush and Bruins penalty.

He also by assisting on Boychuk's go ahead goal then sealing the deal with a perfect tap on Bergeron's perfect pass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Better watch it the sherif is on patrol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:

He also by assisting on Boychuk's go ahead goal then sealing the deal with a perfect tap on Bergeron's perfect pass.

That is why I said "he had a big hand in 2 goals".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The B's have dominated both games. The Rangers have been lucky not to get shutout in both games. The B's have given them all their goals from mistakes. And not really from pressure on NY's end. We just didnt make the smartest plays. Oh well, it happens, but Id like to stop giving them favors. Great game played by the B's tonight. Everyone contributed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Better watch it the sherif is on patrol.

Sherif not wearing rose coloured glasses or drinking the kool aid. Just a hockey savvy fan that knows hockey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

While cutting Chara some slack, let's also cut Bogie some slack.  As far as I know, he's the elder statesman of the board, witnessing Milt Schmidt as a player if I remember correctly.  While his views may not coincide with ours or the general public, I feel he should be treated well regardless.  Ignore him if you must, but I hope his different opinions can be looked past without being skewered.

What! Milt Schmidt? Wow I had no idea! That changes things. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Chara logs more ice than anyone in the playoffs

Boychuck is hurt. If this wasn't the playoffs he wouldn't even be playing. He's playing old thyme hockey.

Without Jagr, we wouldn't have a PP

The Bruins are playing like a team.

Great game team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It was definitely a great win, and you could see Marchand grind his teeth after that first giveaway to Callahan, but Marshy made up for it. Jagr hs some skills left, and helps Bergie keep the puck in the zone, he, too, is grinding his teeth in not scoring. Perhaps Boychuck is playing hurt, he's as gutsy as they come, but he still makes a number of mental gaffs that usually hurt the Bs. I'm sure we all appreciate the zip from the rookie D-men, but, we can also expect some mistakes. Let's hope the team continues it's team-play

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I think Boychuck is a real gammer that brings it every game he makes mistakes but plays hard and plays hurt.

I wish Campbell would not fight anymore. I respect the way he never backs down and he is tough but he can't fight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

I think Boychuck is a real gammer that brings it every game he makes mistakes but plays hard and plays hurt.

I wish Campbell would not fight anymore. I respect the way he never backs down and he is tough but he can't fight.

You don't have to win the fight to have an impact. The advantage is now all back on the B's side now as well. Campbell held his own against the Rangers toughest. So, now he knows if he tries against anyone else on the B's it won't be good for him. This is why Campbell fights.. It's almost to say. "If you beat me not a big deal...We have a lot more to handle you!" I think everybody on the B's know where Campbell ranks in the pugilist dept. And now  Dorsetts hands are tied. He couldn't get a decisive win against Boston's weakest scrapper, whats he gonna do against the better ones? This is where the B's being as tough as they are have such a huge advantage over the other 29 teams. Who else in the league has up to 7 guys that can fight? And 3 of the best in the league. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

You don't have to win the fight to have an impact. The advantage is now all back on the B's side now as well. Campbell held his own against the Rangers toughest. So, now he knows if he tries against anyone else on the B's it won't be good for him. This is why Campbell fights.. It's almost to say. "If you beat me not a big deal...We have a lot more to handle you!" I think everybody on the B's know where Campbell ranks in the pugilist dept. And now  Dorsetts hands are tied. He couldn't get a decisive win against Boston's weakest scrapper, whats he gonna do against the better ones? This is where the B's being as tough as they are have such a huge advantage over the other 29 teams. Who else in the league has up to 7 guys that can fight? And 3 of the best in the league. 

You know, there is a certain logic to that.

Dorsett wants to energize his team by dropping the gloves, and the only partner he gets is.....Campbell. Hardly an inspiring exchange. It's like me beating up my younger brother in front of an audience, quite embarrasing. So, Dorsett wins, skates to the box with his head down in shame and the Rags are no more pumped up than before....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

You know, there is a certain logic to that.

Dorsett wants to energize his team by dropping the gloves, and the only partner he gets is.....Campbell. Hardly an inspiring exchange. It's like me beating up my younger brother in front of an audience, quite embarrasing. So, Dorsett wins, skates to the box with his head down in shame and the Rags are no more pumped up than before....

That's just it though. No matter the outcome Dorsett doesn't win. Even if he TKO'd Campbell. He STILL didn't fight one of the better scrapping Bruins. He barely won that fight as it was. So, now what's he gonna do? Fight Campbell again? Maybe, but that won't give the Rangers any momenteum. Now, if he fought Lucic & beat him, that would be a huge advantage to the Rangers. Fighting Campbell & winning against him doesn't give the other team an advantage at all. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

I agree

After the fight even know he lost you new NYR gained nothing from it because of the reasons you stated.

That being said would rather have the Bruins win the fight as well that just being the fan in me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I agree

After the fight even know he lost you new NYR gained nothing from it because of the reasons you stated.

That being said would rather have the Bruins win the fight as well that just being the fan in me.

Lol, of course I cheer for Campbell with every swing, but even Lucic has lost a couple, but as you can see his fight card is getting smaller & smaller every yr. There's VERY few in the league that want to fight this guy now. Almost every announcer says it. Lucic has earned a reputation like Cam did. He can beat you in so many different ways & it's not a wise choice to pee him off. Let the Bruin sleep if he's hibernating. Or, if he's already in a pissy mood from the get go. Don't make him worse. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Sherif not wearing rose coloured glasses or drinking the kool aid. Just a hockey savvy fan that knows hockey.

Priceless! Yeah, you've been spot on in all your analysis through the years. You've had him labeled a "pylon" and "Lurch" for 5 seasons now. You said he couldn't lead them to the Cup, he did. You label him a stiff and he wins the Norris, Z is the hardest DMan to play against in the entire league according to NHL players polls, is now logging upwards of 30 minutes a game, and you've never seen a positive...what is the exact opposite of rose colored glasses?

Hockey savvy you ain't, Mitch...but by all means continue to show up in the playoffs and pat yourself on the back.